bike accident

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Fewof_lamb

bike accident

Post by Fewof_lamb »

For a short film i am doing, i need someone to ride along and get shot off his bike. i was wondering if anyone could help me work this bit out.

The way it is set up is that we are in a grass laneway between the back fences of peoples houses. It is very wide. The person on the bike is riding away from two people who are chasing him. I want the two people to pull out their guns and fire at him. One of the bullets hit him and he crashes the bike

As we are not the best stuntmen, is there an easy way to do this? Also, are there any easy squibs that don't involve firecrakers?
"there's only room for one number one... and i'm that number one!" - Chad Rockman

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

E-mail: fewof_lamb@hotmail.com
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I'm going to get back to you on this one, I have soe ideas, but I want to think them over.
Moderating behind the bushes!
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

thats cool! I'd rather have to wait for a good idea than get 5 dodgey ideas straight away.
"there's only room for one number one... and i'm that number one!" - Chad Rockman

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

well what you could do is show them fire see a cu of his face wince, then show him on the ground with the bullet wound and his bike hitting somthing, switch that show the bike then him. But thats the no stunt very safe pussy way, always a last resort.
xander

Post by xander »

film it from lots of different angles so you can cut them together quite fast - this gives a sense of action and distracts from the detail of what heppened - so you can get away with less.

you can add the muzzle flashes in afterwards and have the actor act like hes being hit (wide shot), then in the next shot he has blood stains (close up).

if he wears knee pads under some old jeans he should be able to fall off the bike without injuring himself.

BTW, is it a motor bike or a pedal bike?!
Grant

Post by Grant »

Use some nice tight editing here. Also just fall off the bike you wimp!! Some hiddne elbow and knees pads. Also roll from the impact if possible, don't just stop dead on the road:D
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

We've done a similar stunt involving my character being chased down by a car while on a bike and crashing after hitting a cinderblock.
Now, I'm not sure how you could show the guy actually getting hit with the bullet, but when he falls off, make sure he has plenty of pads on.
And for another slightly comical effect, strategically place a series of blood packs on top of the pads under his clothing, on places like his knees, elboys, shoulders, etc. That way when he crashes, it would be sort of funny to see blood spurt out of the places where he impacts.

(not recommended however if you want your film to be serious. it's just something I've used before in my non-serious flicks)
"This is when I saw the dark figures moving about in the woods. I should have never tampered with the 'Book Of The Dead.' I now know that whatever it is I have resurrected through this book, is coming for me."

--The Evil Dead
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

Thanx.

It is a pedal bike. The crashing bit is prob the easy bit. I am more worryed about how to do the bullet hit. Thanks for the idea with the editing. I will use Xanders idea of fast cuts. Thanx

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

does anyone know of a good, easy and CHEAP air compressed squib?

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia