Alittle capture help please

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

the_satanic_COokie

Alittle capture help please

Post by the_satanic_COokie »

ok ok, I\'m alittle frustrated, I just went out and bought a video capturecard and a firewire cable ($50 total) and I plugged it all in and it works fine and dandy, but when i try to capture video with adobe premiere It wont recognize my capture card, or something i dunno, i just get a black screen where it would usually preview my capture, and it says 0 frames captured. I can use usb fine but i get s*** quality....did i waste my $50?? How can i capture video with my firewire, whats a good program to use, I\'m slightly irritated, please help...
As I was going up the stair
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away
Adam

Post by Adam »

Sounds like you need to select your camera type in adobe

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Adam]
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Make sure you choose one of the DV types when you open the project, does the firewire card show up in windows? What version of Windows do you use? Some of them have some issues with FireWire. If you have Windows movie maker does it capture. Adobe Premiere will generally capture fine with firewire. There is a file in the adobe folder called
IEEE1394CompatibilityInfo.pdf that adresses copatibility issues with Adobe, and some links for troubleshooting.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands