Sony DCR-TRV19

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Sony DCR-TRV19

Post by slimdog55 »

Anybody got it? Its Mini DV Format.(:D) Thats good. It also says it's 1/4" Advanced HAD CCD with 680K total pixels, so does that means it films in real 16x9 mode? I'll probley look at the camcorder before I buy it anyway. It only $599.99. I already got more than half of that from my birthday today.:D
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

i would suggest saving a little longer for a little nicer cam. i'm not saying that the cam is bad but if you saved a little longer you could get a much nicer cam. just a suggestion but if you want it bad enough then go for it.
Peter Cote
Founder of Breakout Films

[img]http://i07.thefacebook.com/pics/3/0/n11400374_4237.jpg[/img]
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

Ya. I would want a really better one, but hay, this will get the job done. It has a mic input for better sound. Not a big deal but better audio is better audio.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

yeah, but you made the right choice by going with the sony.
Peter Cote
Founder of Breakout Films

[img]http://i07.thefacebook.com/pics/3/0/n11400374_4237.jpg[/img]
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

I don't really like any other camcorder brand but Sony.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

They got some really good deals for the Sony DCR-TRV22 on eBay. It has the same and better features than the DCR-TRV18.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

avoid eBay because you can't garentie that the cam will be in good condition. Save up a bit more and get a better sony, which is the best place to go.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

Yes, sometimes I hate eBay for expensive items. I'll probley buy it at Best Buy for Christmas or around then.

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by slimdog55]
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Exactly what is the BEST camera to buy then??

Everyone is going on about how good Sony cameras are, and I guess that's the the low-mid end of the market, but what about the top end? Is Panasonic better for top-end cameras?

How much am I supposed to pay our for a really good TV filming quality camera?

It's all so very confusing!
:(
Moderating behind the bushes!
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

CamClub, if you're going for a Broadcast Camera (DVC Pro), then I salute you! I think Panasonic is the way to go in that sense. There have been good reviews of both the Panasonic AJ-SDX900 and the Sony DXC-D50 series...
Erm... yeah...
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

OUCH!

I just looked at the prices on these. The Panasonic is $25,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I'll expand to that in a 3-4 years time, but I need something less expensive, and still very good!

Having picked my jaw off the floor, I can't afford that! That's too expensive, and I want to shoot a whole series, not depend on getting a TV network to sign up on a trailer, and then shoot the rest of the episodes!

So, what could I get for ooooh, say $5,000? Would it be good enough for a TV comedy sketch show? It's not like I'm filming for National Geographic or anything!

The Sony is only $10,000, still too much, and I can't wait that long to buy one!

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by CamClub]
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

I'd suggest the Panasonic AG-DVX100. It's around $3,500 last time I checked. Although, you may want to wait a while, as the hype for that cam hasn't dissipated since the camera's release. It shoots 24p, and is overall just an amazing camera. Check it out. Although it isn't DVC PRO, it is still one of the top-of-the-line MiniDV's...
Erm... yeah...
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Well, that looks right down my street!

Thanks again BCStudios! You're the camera and codecs master now!

Once I get a TV network to buy the series, then I'll be rolling in the green stufff, and can go get that DVC pro for series 2 if I'm ever lucky enough to get that far!

Here's a pic of my friend Mark who'se co-acting with me:

And here's a pic of us and a friend doing our See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil impressions! Barmy lot really!

Yep, that's Mark on the left, Me in the middle, and Anthony on the right! Surreal!

HEY! Had to add this - I'm wearing the same shirt at the moment! Bizarre!

BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Thanks for the award of "The Camera and Codecs Master." I should put that in my signature...

Your pals are very intriguing. Those looks alone are stupendous, but combined with a nice British accent... that coud sell! Good luck on the series.
Erm... yeah...
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Cheers, I'll post more details about it as I get all the characters finished and scripts written.

The photos were taken on a regular Saturday night!

Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Originally posted by BrownCowStudios
I'd suggest the Panasonic AG-DVX100. It's around $3,500 last time I checked. Although, you may want to wait a while, as the hype for that cam hasn't dissipated since the camera's release. It shoots 24p, and is overall just an amazing camera. Check it out. Although it isn't DVC PRO, it is still one of the top-of-the-line MiniDV's...
The DVX-100 is a sweet cam, keep in mind tho that DVCPro and Mini-DV use the same exact encoding, You just have a LOT more options with the Higher End cams and a LOT better quality optics etc.... NBC news is using PD-150 for more and more news, and several series on Discovery Channel have been shot on Mini-DV, umm the one that comes to mind recently is the one that followed Doctors from Doctors without borders around in various countries...
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands