Parallel Video Clip Merging

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Immortal Wombat

Parallel Video Clip Merging

Post by Immortal Wombat »

I want to make a video, but with some clips nested inside, or overlapping the main clip.
So far the only way I have found to do this is to copy every frame of one clip and place it in exactly the same place on the corresponding frame of the other clip.

This is very time-consuming for a minutesworth of video frames. Surely there's a better way??
Adam

Post by Adam »

I presume you are trying to do this using some sort of photo editing software which allows you some primitive video clip facilities. Using something like Corel Photo Paint you could write a macro which would speed up the resizing and insertion of individual frames.

BUT !!

dont bother just use a NLE (non linear editor) like Adobe Premiere. Resize the footage in the forground and then just layer it on top of the main footage. EASY
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

If this was a one-off project you could download a 30 day trial of Adobe Premiere or an alternative such as Ulead Mediastudio Pro.

A 30 day trial is available from here :
Ulead MediaStudio Pro 30 Day Trial

Not used it myself but it seems to have a fairly good list of features. I would be suprised if it wasn't capable of doing what you wanted to acheive.
Immortal Wombat

Post by Immortal Wombat »

Thanks! I'll get the Adobe Premiere Trial. I just wanted to make sure it could do what I wanted before downloading all 75 megs of it...

thanks again :)