WHAT A RIP-OFF!!

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

CORPSE GRINDER

WHAT A RIP-OFF!!

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

I want to take somebody's arm off by pulling very hard and have blood just start pouring/squirting/flowing/spurting of from the stump. hmmmmm......how would this work?
"This is when I saw the dark figures moving about in the woods. I should have never tampered with the 'Book Of The Dead.' I now know that whatever it is I have resurrected through this book, is coming for me."

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

What I would do is make a fake arm, and attach it with a large blood pack, and a squerting device, so that when you pull off the arm it releses the blood pack, and you start fireing the compresed air blood. I can't wait for this film it looks to be really gory.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I'm getting worried about you Corpse Grinder!

Dang, this is some gory movie you're making!
Moderating behind the bushes!
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

just look at his avatar :D
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

I want the arm to tear off, sleeve and all. So should I score or loosen the thread on the seam of the sleeve first before tearing? that seems like it should work.

I'm actually quite a normal guy. My love of comedy and gore is obvious though. My movie, though sounding quite dark and disturbing (it is sometimes), is quite funny and even hilarious at times. My style cinematically is all about blending genres. I am a huge fan of COMEDY, and a huge fan of horror/gore, so blending the two for this movie seemed right to me. And when it comes to gore, OVER-THE-TOP is where I like to go with it.

A hilarious movie filled with gore is DEAD ALIVE (perhaps the goriest movie I've ever seen but a great example of blending comedy and horror). It's directed by Peter Jackson and there's amazing effects and make-up.

Let's not get too off the subject. Please give me LOTS AND LOTS of ideas for the tearing of the arm.
"This is when I saw the dark figures moving about in the woods. I should have never tampered with the 'Book Of The Dead.' I now know that whatever it is I have resurrected through this book, is coming for me."

--The Evil Dead
Grant

Post by Grant »

I like the guy's style
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well attach the fake arm from my above idea to the shirt. I would say cut off the sleve entirely, and then re attach it very lousely so that it esaly rips right off.
Lee

Post by Lee »

Well, I think a lot of people are looking forward to this movie, or even trailers and screenshots when you have made these gruesome effects. I know I am!
'Sod the candles, I'm in love.'
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

when the blood is spilling out from the wound, I don't want a thin stream of blood. I want a continuous pouring and gushing of blood that runs out without stopping.

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well you could hook up another pumping device that just pumps the blood out.
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

When the arm is pulled off, what should I use as the severed flesh/stump where his arm once was. Cherry pie filling or what?

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

That might work, you could build a paper mashia (stupid french word) stump or build it from This theater wax stuff that is used for wounds, I can't think of the name right now, I'll edit when it comes to me. Or since the actor is going to have his arm hidden use his real sholder just have it sticking out, and then cover it in gore, and possably a little fake bone, so that while it is pulled off he can still flale around the bloody stump. That might look cool as well.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Why do we always end up talking about food on these threads???
Moderating behind the bushes!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I don't know but food makes good gore for some resion.
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

It's true, food often does make good gore. Things like peeled canned tomatoes, chili, cherry cobbler filling, and ground beef make for some grotesque effects.

This theatre wax stuff, how is it applied. With spirit gum or does it just stick. Can I mold it easily onto someone's shoulder. And will it hold up under a bunch of blood and gore, or possibly my blood line going through it?

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

It should stick but you might want to use a little sperit gum, can never be to careful.
epsonink

Post by epsonink »

This movie sounds SWEET! I love horror/gore movies, and especcially comedy. Do you have any trailers, pics from the movie, or even from any other movies that you have made?
-Epsonink

Tought by Carnage7p
I love movies of all types
Want to learn much more
Grant

Post by Grant »

Yeah, would love to see even some concept or expermental pics
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

my software's shot right now and we need a new program, so when we get some money for it, i'd be more than happy to share anything I have with you guys.

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

can't wait, remember get Vagas for your new editting sweet.
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

once i come up with the money, that is

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I kill people $100 a head, only in the eastern US though. Thats how I fund my films.
CORPSE GRINDER

Post by CORPSE GRINDER »

it's a very lucrative business, I should look into it. lol

--The Evil Dead
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I think you would be disaponted, very ungory.
dmosher

Post by dmosher »

I have done this before, here is how:
1) For gore I find stewed tomatoes, peeled and chopped works best.
2) For a constant blood pore, funnel it into a tube (like you would a beer funnel) and raise it up and over the shot, slowly poring the blood into it and run the tube into the body portion of the wound (split the hose at the end for more splash).
3) For the body gore I coated the shoulder with spirit gum (or spray fixative) touch it until the tackiness begins then add red-dyed gelatin, shaping the tear and letting it drip as the victim leans sideways. This makes it look more and more like sinew. Add the blood and tomatoes and slide the tube into it from underneath.
4 To make the shirt look truley torn, your best bet is to remove the seam on 2 shirts (darker colors work better). 1 with a longer arm than the other. Take the longer shirt sleeve, shred the ends a bit and bloody them up (only the torn areas). Lightly hand stitch (just enough to make it stay) the sleeve into the shirt. Make sure the torn areas are stitched inside the actual shirt so they cannot be seen until the shirt is pulled.
When the fake arm (afix permenantly in the sleeve) is pulled the stitches break, the torn parts of the shirt pull out and the blood pump is activated.

For added gore, once the shirt is attatched, add a light coat of latex to the joint between the arm and the body, let dry slightly. This tends to add extra pieces of sinew.

Good luck.
D
You'll eat it and you'll like it.. or you'll starve!