The New Degenerates - An Episodic Internet Series

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bgswitzer

The New Degenerates - An Episodic Internet Series

Post by bgswitzer »

Hey, I haven't really posted here all that much in the past, just linked to a terrible film I've since shelved, but I've been working with a couple friends in my hometown on this little show we've been putting up on YouTube called The New DeGenerates. It's a stoner comedy and low-budget as hell (all of it's shot in my house), but it's been a lot of fun and a great excuse to get behind the camera once a week.

I've held off till now to start trolling for feedback because I think there's now finally enough to get a picture of what we're trying to do with the... Thing. (It kinda sucks, there's no name for user-made-digitally-based-episodic-programming yet, just a lengthy explanation) There's six of them up as of now, some work, some don't, but there's laughs to be had by all. So if you got the time to check it out, drop me some feedback. I could definitely use the crit.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: The New Degenerates - An Episodic Internet Series

Post by angusware »

Not great. filming quality and technique not good, script pretty terrible...
bgswitzer

Post by bgswitzer »

Thanks for the feedback, honesty's always appreciated.

I won't lie, I know what I do sucks. It's frustrating, I'm miles away from where I want to be as a filmmaker, but I'm kinda handicapped by my situation. It's just me behind the camera, the only time I've really got any assistance is when I have to appear onscreen, and each episode's an exercise in no-budget production. But I'm not trying to make excuses for the quality, I'm just explaining where I'm at.

I'm wearing a whole bunch of hats that growing up, reading film books, I never foresaw having to try on. I'm still in college and I'm barely getting into film classes, so I don't have much academic experience to fall back on either. I know what I want to do with the camera, but I'm so f*** clumsy behind it I can't get it down yet. I am a rank amateur.

I need help.

So if you've got like any more advice or tips or feedback or anything at all, I mean even basic, simple s*** a first year film-student should know by now, at the end of the day, it's all gonna help me out like the hand of God.

…

But one minor gripe, I don't know if you're going off the first two episodes (which I'll readily admit are flawed, the show's a total work-in-progress), but the scripts for the last four episodes are all pretty solid. That's like the only department we are somewhat competent in. I don't mean they're all gold or nothing, but they hit the right beats. Just my one defense.

(BTW, I checked out a couple of your videos before replying and I would give up so many necessary organs for your editing skills. Which program are you using?)
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

When I click on both your links it brings me to MY Youtube page (don't know why), made me think you were pretending to be me and ripping on my videos, heh.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

DEDFX wrote:When I click on both your links it brings me to MY Youtube page
Yeah same here.....?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

When I click on both your links it brings me to MY Youtube page
Same here. But i searched it up. And found it.
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore