The Vault

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Moriarty

The Vault

Post by Moriarty »

Hey Guys,

My new film is now online.

Neville is the last living man on earth...but he is not alone. Barricading himself in a fallout shelter, Neville keeps himself amused by excercising and reading. But the creatures from the outside want to get in, and are slowly breaking down Neville's defences.

Lemme know what you think - there are 2 parts - the first can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJhbshFkUiU
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

Inspired a bit by I Am Legend? That's one of my favourtie books ever.
The film was very well shot and I loved the colour and the voice over. Pretty cool twist too, quite original.
And what an awesome location! How'd you find that place?
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

Cheers NG, we filmed the scene at the back of a cinema- it used to be an old theatre and had a lot of dilapidated errie rooms about. We had a whole scene where the lights went out and the main character went down throughthe tunnels to the 'generator room' - however the whole thing was running along and it didn't have any significance to the plot, so we cut it.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

NG brought up inspiration by I Am Legend...what about that Twilight Zone episode where the guy is locked in a vault and a nuclear bomb goes off leaving nobody alive but he and his books. At the end, he steps on his glasses and can no longer read.

Anyway, I really liked this, although I must say the end of Part I was a little disturbing (not as disturbing as Ornsack's "Desperate Dan"). The production design, camera work, acting, etc. Were all above par. Great Job!
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

Yeah, the episode is called "Time Enough At Last" and stars Burgess Meredith, (who played Mickey in Rocky and the penquin in the Batman TV show) and that was a direct homage to that particular episode.

There are other influences and tributes, such as I am Legend, Jacob's Ladder, the game 'Fallout' and the mentioned Twilight episode. Hope you enjoy the second part!