chornobyl + pripyat

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

challengerbravo525

chornobyl + pripyat

Post by challengerbravo525 »

i have stated before that i will be visiting the chernobyl power plant in about 2 -3 years...like good footage..eary silent hill theme etc.....and i know that there is a video game out about it now, but would it be a good idea do you think to bring out a documentary about the last 2 hours or whatever it may be of what actually happened inside the plant? sort of like united 93
Today's Bread TODAY
challengerbravo525

RE: chornobyl + pripyat

anybody? no? dust.....
Today's Bread TODAY
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Firstly, don't bump a thread after only a few hours!

I don't think there's much to say to be honest! You didn't raise any hardcore questions. You can only do a documentary on something you find interesting yourself.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
challengerbravo525

ya..ya...just would seem like a good idea if someone actually did it..what the whole thing being so secretive ya know
Today's Bread TODAY
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

not really, they admitted they stuffed up.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Yeah... it's not really secretive at all. A Google search will turn up a complete timeline of events, and there are several videos on Youtube shot by an Englishman being shown around the area by a Russian officer.
Ornsack

Re: RE: chornobyl + pripyat

Post by Ornsack »

SgtPadrino wrote:Englishman
Australian ;)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: chornobyl + pripyat

Post by pdj »

Yes thanks for that Ornsack.. that was Richard Carlton if i remember correctly and was a story on Australian 60 Minutes. To the original poster, you can't go into the area where 'it' happened because it's still considered highly radio active. You may want to do some probing around the surrounding villages if you speak Russian.. but, I'd suggest along with that 60minutes piece that you find out what's actually been shot and then you may get an idea where your ideas can fit. Goodluck to ya!
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

There was a really good documentary on the history channel when the 20th anniversary came around, one of those 'reconstructions' of what really happened entwined with real people's commentaries - it's really sad to see that the majority of people who lived there have now contracted radiation poisoning - check out this website about a guy who's photographed some of the residents there...

http://www.pixelpress.org/chernobyl/index.html

Might be interesting for you to have a look pdj, and get a kind of feeling for what happened.

Just be careful to take your geiger counter with you! :wink: Funny thing, I've just posted a movie with a whole post apocalyptic feel to it. Have a look if ya like, just a few threads down from this one...(now there's a plug if ever I saw one)
challengerbravo525

yes i knwo a detailed amount about the area including details of the RBMK reactor, and yes i have seen that australian guy too, he got such a detailed tour of the complex O_O
Today's Bread TODAY