My Sweet Charlotte

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

My Sweet Charlotte

Post by DAZMAN »

Hey,

This is a really crappley compressed, choppy, 4:3 version of a film we entered to a 72 hour film contest last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEfhxHFLwsU

the theme for the contest was life/death and we had 72 hours from start to finish, let me know what you think

[youtube]watch?v=CEfhxHFLwsU[/youtube]
Last edited by DAZMAN on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.x-21.tk
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: My Sweet Charlotte

Post by angusware »

you spelt entry wrong.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

i liked that a lot.
thecrowdravin

Post by thecrowdravin »

That was very good what kind of camera did you shoot it with
you shoot it with?
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

hey, thanks, no they added the entry title so they must have done it wrong. It was a JVC GY HD 100 + mini 35 + nikon 28, 35, 50, 135, 200mm prime lenses. cheers guys
www.x-21.tk
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

That was great! Very professional in feel and style. I most particularly liked the structure and the color tone of the film. I just completed something in 72 hours as well and know exactly how rushed things feel. One particular concern I had was when the main character is at the table talking to the man, he bangs his hands on the table a lot, causing a bass-like boom on the microphone. Also, one of the gun sound effects was really nice and the other was not so nice. I also believe near mark 1:50 I heard someone saying, "action."

Anyway, I'd love to see a short film of yours with that camera that is constructed in a longer time frame. Was it just a rental or do you own?
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

hey thanks mate. I own the equipment. Heres the thing lol. We only had time for two takes of everything with a minimal crew of just 4 including myself. I have just noticed that this was not the final piece it was just a rough cut. one of the other crew members must have uploaded this, I just posted the link. In the final edit (which you were right about) I took out the action, and did a full audio mix (e.g the gun shots (which is all live sound and not an effect)). My computers graphic card melted about 24 hours into the project. I am at university here in Hull and all of my disks are in Nottingham. So we only had editing software to edit the project (I only had premiere pro 2 + a 15 trial version of aspect HD + Light wave 9 instead of my usual - premiere pro 2 +Aspect HD + After effects 7 + Magic bullet Editors HD + Adobe Audition 2 + Light wave 9 .....)

This was really just to test the camera. The 35mm position was well off (you can see the motor in the bottom right) Also my dolly and crane never got used due to time constraints so I had to do it all via a Glide cam smooth shooter. Didn't have much time for lighting so just used red head on the internals with 1/2 - 1/4 HI day light filters with two reflector boards. On the externals we used two 2000w Blonde lights through a white screen to act as an HMI as we only had a 3KW generator.

I am in the middle of a 28 minute film called MAD ED. Been working on it for 7 months and am half way through principle photography. I haven said anything yet because I want it to be a surprise when I show it you guys. Then you can watch the making of after. lol my onset photographor had 3000 images after the first 5 days of shooting.

This is not my camera it some guys in america. mine is EXACTLY the same though only my monitor goes on a field desk insted of mounted to the camera

http://www.redrockmicro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2252
www.x-21.tk
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

any one else get a chance to take a look?
www.x-21.tk
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Hey Dazman i liked it - sure it was a film challenge project - but you did some nice work - great cinematography - some nice casting and um sorry i cant give u more info right now (i will chat to u on msn!) and post a more detailed review later ;)
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

That was extremely good... but the end was cut down and it wasn't overly funny.
Hide or fight for your life?