Getting rid of Grain and Noise in pictures?

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Darzeth

Getting rid of Grain and Noise in pictures?

Post by Darzeth »

This is more of a capture question but I put it under editing since I was wondering if it can be done while editing too. Is there any way to get rid of Grain and Noise from film. I went on the adobe website and they have a upgrade to get rid of grain and noise from a third party but for the actual best quality you need to buy the 100 dollar version which i currently do not have. So im curious is there away to do it or even a capture program that can help with doing this. I do understand it is also do to the camera I use which cant be fix from the camera itself.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Getting rid of Grain and Noise in pictures?

Post by Kentertainment »

To be honest with you. The only reasonable way without the expense of mass amounts of money is to light your film. If you light it well enough, grain shouldn't be a problem.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

I found a really good setting on my camera that makes the video look it's best: spotlight, whatever the equivalent is. It makes the dark look dark, rather than grey and grainy...
Darzeth

Post by Darzeth »

well the prob is im filmign alot of night sutff very little light
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

film day for night

"Day-For-Night

Day-for-night (DFN) photography is an effect that makes a scene recorded in daylight to appear as if it were at twilight. This is usually accomplished by the use of a filter that both underexposes by about two stops, and can also produce a bluish color overcast. Lighting, contrast, and other factors contribute to the reality of this effect.

Tiffen offers the Cool DFN filter, which is a lavender-blue color traditionally associated with dusk or twilight emulation with day-for-night effects. The Tiffen Monochromatic DFN filter is a bright yellow-green, almost the color complement (opposite) of the Cool DFN. When you use this, and perform the necessary color-correction in post processing, you will not have all of the original colors available, producing a more realistic monochromatic effect that simulates actual silvery moonlight. Choice of which one to use is a matter of opinion. Both require an additional underexposure by ½ to 1-1/2 stops above not compensating for them in the first place. Advance testing is recommended."