Best settings for editing programs

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Darzeth

Best settings for editing programs

Post by Darzeth »

Here are some questions that will later help some other people so to make it simpler im gonna ask them.

What are the best settings for the following programs to get the best quality and best audio for editing and exportation

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0

After Effects

For Pro when i render and export the videos it comes out either with trailing images or the background seems very distorted. So i need to know the best settings so this doesnt happen.

AE when i export the video its very choppie and everything is out of sink and the video jumps and goes faster or slower then what its origanal settings where

ALso

What is the best capture program to use to get videos off a Digital Camera, DVS Camcorder or a DV camcorder.

Any other ADvice if any please post too.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Best settings for editing programs

Post by Epsilon »

I capture footage in Adobe Premiere. If the capturing is choppy, or srops a lot of frames, it means there's a lot of junk filling up your memory and rebooting the computer generally solves the problem.

As for trailing images and distorted backgrounds, are you sure this isn't a flaw with your camera? I've never had a problem like this. Double check your project settings and make sure it's compatible with whatever you're working with. If the problem only occurs after a final rendering, make sure the codecs are setup correctly.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Best settings for editing programs

Post by angusware »

I don't use any of them
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Helpful post of the day right there.

Do you have another editing app. you could import the video with? Does the trail happen when you render or before?
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

AE when i export the video its very choppie and everything is out of sink and the video jumps and goes faster or slower then what its origanal settings where
I remembered I had that problem. Check your framrate exporting settings. It's probably set on BEST. You want to change it to the framerate of your camera: like for mine it was 29.97 or whatever.
Darzeth

Post by Darzeth »

WEll the trail and background image distortion only happened on pre but on elements everyt hing is perfect. I also took a video i exported from elements and put it on premiere this could have been the problem. But my main concern is the best setttings for exportation for premiere pro so i can get it to look the best.