Balancing between trees

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

AgentDick

Balancing between trees

Post by AgentDick »

I need to figure out how to make people have a fight in a bunch of lodgepole pines while standing suspended between trees, but safely, and i'm not sure if a low angle filming will do what we need. Any ideas?
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Balancing between trees

Post by rhys »

yeah, become a pro at wirefu, u wont be able to do it other wise, unless u want completely cg people.
Hide or fight for your life?
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

Well, a lodpole pine is basically a giant toothpick with branches at the top. There is nothing to set a rig up on, except maybe between the trees themselves. I guess we could also hammer spikesinto the trees and stand on them, too.
pwnisher

Post by pwnisher »

I have an Idea, How bout you get something like the very top of the tree right. And you cut it off and put it on the ground. Get a green screen and have them right there on top of the trees but there only 4 feet from the ground, but obviously th camera doesnt show the ground and you put in a BG (background) in post. How does that sound?
CBE films - Dedicated in filmmaking
www.freewebs.com/cbe-films
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

then you'd have to track the green screen in every shot, and that gets gay... i mean why does everyone say get a greenscreen... it is so hard to do it with a moving camera... you have to set up trackers..

leave it to the pros, until you are one

im not even a pro
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
challengerbravo525

Post by challengerbravo525 »

what about a house with a tree beside it..that way u can climb onto the roof while still making it look like ur suspended in the tree
Today's Bread TODAY
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

if u had that house and u can't go and buy a house! it sounds pretty crapped up. Unfornunately that all looks f***, i can only suggest the methods already suggested or VanTPro5.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
challengerbravo525

Post by challengerbravo525 »

[quote="Jperson"]if u had that house and u cani was referring to a friends house..not to go and personally buy a house!
Today's Bread TODAY
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

Hmm. If I do the greenscreen method, I'll be using a huge green screen. Like panorama style. It's actually not that difficult to suspend yourself between them, I went up to the location to try. The only problem is falling, but I have a bunch of friends who rockclimb, so I'll probably borrow a bunch of their crashpads. We'll just play it by ear, i guess.