WIP Images for Swerve Audio Intro Logo

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

WIP Images for Swerve Audio Intro Logo

Post by wildstorm »

I started this originally on the FXhome message board but I thought I would share it with you guys also so here goes:

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 02:46

Hey all, I thought I would post some work in progress images of a animated company logo intro that I'm doing for my friends car audio business.

This animation will play on the mobile video monitors at the shop as well as when we do some type of setup at next years carshow in St. Ignace, Michigan.

I did not create any of these models. I purchased and downloaded the car model from www.3d02.com but can't remember who modeled it and the subwoofer model was created by Bryan Garrett and used by permission.

Basically all I have done was retexture both models and made an attempt at creating realistic lighting. I will be animating both models. The subwoofer will be animated so that its in sync with the music that will be playing in the background. I'm gonna try and model the trunk of this car so I can have the subwoofers in what will look like a fiberglass enclosure with a rack holding the amplifiers.

It'll be interesting see how this turns out as I have not done anything this extensive for a logo intro before but oh well. Its a challenge. :D

Posted: 04 Dec 2006 01:32

Although modeling is not my strong point, I decided that the subwoofers are gonna need a custom enclosure. So I decided to model an enclosure that would essentially look like it was molded out of fiberglass. So here's the results:

Here is the wireframe render before Turbosmooth was applied:

And the wireframe render after Turbosmooth is applied:

This is part of the setup that I'm doing for the cars trunk. So the trunk will be modeled next.

Posted: 05 Dec 2006 00:29

I've added a faceplate to the existing fiberglass enclosure. Everythings starting to come together. Here are some views of it:

Yep I'm still trying to come up with a way of doing the trunk.
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: WIP Images for Swerve Audio Intro Logo

Post by aaronv2 »

ok well theres some stuff you gotta take into account to make this easier on you and allow you to get things done faster. like the subwoofers i know you didnt model them but they fit into the housing and there is a whole pile of extra geometry that wont be seen. but the computer will still calculate and render. so as a general rule... only model what is going to be seen.

second i think just keeping colors will make it look too cg... even tho you used some plugin and rendered a wireframe.... the material actually looks like a cool custom material plastic that would look awesome in a car. so start using some textures on materials.

Also get rid of the specular properties of the material it looks horrible. you need to model some squares of bright white and let it pick up in the reflections. also you need to get softer shadows than that... if it was in a studio situation with a white cyclorama around it the lights would be so different there would be shadows all over the place so id say look into some radiosity maybe or even just use something to fake it because radiosity takes a while
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]