Experiment with Vision Lab

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Metronome1

Experiment with Vision Lab

Post by Metronome1 »

I recently got a program called vision lab. I was excited enough to make a short film with my 8-year-old sister and myself. Here it is:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2gbCIga27c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2gbCIga27c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Any tips?
edit: After watching, I noticed I used too much ghosting. I will fix that.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Experiment with Vision Lab

Post by DEDFX »

I wish I knew what was happening, was your sis like predator or something?
Metronome1

Post by Metronome1 »

Here is a fixed version.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8nCW3krOIKI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8nCW3krOIKI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

She is an invisible assassin. Just a gunner with technology. She tries to kill me. I kill her.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I dont understand what u changed. Its also hard to see her, it just looks like a warped pic. Good attempt at predator style, but it needs a bit of work.
Hide or fight for your life?
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

lol how friggin cute is your yamaka i dunno how to spell it im australian. anyway forget visionlab its a silly little program for kids like you. if you want to get really into it start lookin at how effects are shot and done in real life. some computer program doesnt do it all for them it takes alot of work and effort
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

forget visionlab its a silly little program for kids like you
lol u b*tch! XD
Is that a skullcap aaron sees?
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

seriously i hate the fact that people can make software like that which is buggy as hell you have to shoot for your effect because its a premade sequence of images and you have to match the angle. its made from macromedia director for god sakes.

and people think its the best stuff in the world. when photoshop could do lightsabers better (if they knew how)

P.S I hope its a yamaka its so cool.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
JackPot

Post by JackPot »

aaronv2 - is that animation in your sig you when trying to create lightsabers in photoshop?

try the NEW range of FXhome software and you wont want to cave your face in!

:wink:

Nice preditor effect, im sure some of the definition was lost in the youtube compression... keep up the good work!
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

JackPot wrote:aaronv2 - is that animation in your sig you when trying to create lightsabers in photoshop?
thats him watching people who did that!

you have much to learn about the infamous aaronv2
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

LOL! Sure, while were at it, why dont we make a film on magic powers with no storyline just to try it out. Then we will be told how bad the story is and the effects, and you'll have a spaz at everyone on the site, when it was ur fault in the first place. Also, why dont we use as many muzzle flashes as possible, with a few poor choreographed and filmed fight scenes, then call it a warfilm?
MasterMike

Post by MasterMike »

aaronv2 wrote: anyway forget visionlab its a silly little program for kids like you.
I'm sort of hoping that was sarcasm. VisionLab is an entirely competent budget compositor with plenty of presets that make tasks easier. I don't see why that's a bad thing.

=====

Nice work on the vid dude. You could cut down the time echo effects a bit, I liked the predator feel. The editing and music were nice.
rhys wrote:
LOL! Sure, while were at it, why dont we make a film on magic powers with no storyline just to try it out. Then we will be told how bad the story is and the effects, and you'll have a spaz at everyone on the site, when it was ur fault in the first place. Also, why dont we use as many muzzle flashes as possible, with a few poor choreographed and filmed fight scenes, then call it a warfilm?
Awesome! And while we're at it, why don't we get off our high horse and shut up?
[url=http://www.secret7000.co.uk]Join The Secret 7000[/url]
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

And while we're at it, why don't we get off our high horse and shut up?
Because thats boring....? And what i said was true, and half containing me so im allowed to say it.
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

MasterMike wrote:I'm sort of hoping that was sarcasm. VisionLab is an entirely competent budget compositor with plenty of presets that make tasks easier. I don't see why that's a bad thing.
Because when someone buys VisionLab, its got all the presets. Essentially all the work is done for them in the program and all the user has to do is apply an effect rather than making an effect. Thats why some people have a problem with the program. But what some people fail to realise is that you can also make your own effects. I mean how was the presets created in the first place? Someone had to make the presets in VisionLab.
rhys wrote:LOL! Sure, while were at it, why dont we make a film on magic powers with no storyline just to try it out. Then we will be told how bad the story is and the effects, and you'll have a spaz at everyone on the site, when it was ur fault in the first place. Also, why dont we use as many muzzle flashes as possible, with a few poor choreographed and filmed fight scenes, then call it a warfilm?
Rhys, I'm not pickin on you or anything like that but you've done something like this before with your vampire blood film with no real story to it so you really don't have that much room to talk bud.
:)
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
Metronome1

Post by Metronome1 »

MasterMike wrote:
aaronv2 wrote: anyway forget visionlab its a silly little program for kids like you.
Nice work on the vid dude. You could cut down the time echo effects a bit, I liked the predator feel. The editing and music were nice.
Thanks for the comment. The time-echo didn't show up in Premiere so I thought it wasn't there. Oops.

Everybody else- why do I use VLab?

'Cause it's fun. 'Cause it helps me learn 'Cause it lets me do movies without taking a year. The topic is called "Experiment with Visionlab".And yes, that's a yarmulke.
sollthar

Post by sollthar »

I must say I find the slag of VisionLab pretty amusing. Judging from the replies, none of the slaggers have had a proper look at what VisionLab actually does...

sequnce of images... you don't have to do nothing... heh... That cracks me up. :D
wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by wildstorm »

sollthar wrote:I must say I find the slag of VisionLab pretty amusing. Judging from the replies, none of the slaggers have had a proper look at what VisionLab actually does...

sequnce of images... you don't have to do nothing... heh... That cracks me up. :D
Yeah its common lol. Like the saying shoot first then ask questions or in this case, judge first and never try out the software. :D
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

Rhys, Aaronv2: Whoa there, guys, is somebody up past their nap time or what?

This is, as far as I understand, a place to compare notes, look for critiques, make connections, and shoot the breeze with other filmmakers who are just getting their boots on. Lets not have a flame war over whether or not a program takes all the effort out of something. I used to have a bootleg coy of the new visionlab, before my comuter crashed, and I found that there's al ot to be said for those who master it. You do things right with it, and most of the time you can't tell it's cgi, and when you can, you're still amazed at the quality. He's new at it, and I think you have to give him credit for still trying.

Good job man. I'm with master mike, tho, in the future, I'd halve the time echo.

And the presets in Visionlab, for the most part, aren't worth a s***.