how can they fire gun andsomething breaks in the background?

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

smiles906

how can they fire gun andsomething breaks in the background?

Post by smiles906 »

How can i fire a fake gun but it looks real and how can they fire a fake gun and in the backgroumd somthing breaks? :?: PLEASE HELP ME!
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: how can they fire gun andsomething breaks in the backgro

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I'm not quite sure what you're asking me for. You want to fire a gun and, say have a bullet hole appear in a pane of glass?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Meade87

Post by Meade87 »

If you want to break a vase or something on a table or an object in general than you should time it properly or you could have a shot of you maybe shooting a vase or some object with a paintball gun [Put a marble in it] and then have the camera set up in the same exact spot [IE don't move the camera] and do the footage of the person using the gun. Than in Premier mask the photoage. I suggest doing the shot of the person fake using the gun first so the object is their lol [Note:] in both shots everything has to be exactly the same in the background.
-Rob(NYC)
[url]http://www.geocities.com/rmactor[/url]
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

A BB gun would work too and that could be done in one shot.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Or if you dont want to spend a lot of money or you dont have a bb or pb gun you could shoot what evers breaking on a bluescreen.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

It looks better if you do it physically though. If you're good with bluescreen that would work.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

This would probably look fake if you didnt do it just right, but tie a peice of black thread to something thats hanging up, then when you shoot have someone else pull on it, and have it come crashing down.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
Grant

Post by Grant »

sometimes they even use real bullets and marksman. I remember a James Cagney movie where he is held up in a building shooting it out with the cops (can't remember title) and the police shoot through his window and hit a fire extinguisher near his head. Interesting to note was that a real rifle, bullet and sniper were used lol, how cool
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

I had considered in my sequel having a shoot out in an abandoned house in the begining. I was going to have a shot of the main charecter aiming a machine gun and firing, then cutting to a section of the room oposite him. On this shot actually having someone firing bullets throughout the walls so that it would be real. But to do a shot like that you need a licenced gun owner and also alot of protection from flying debre (didn't spell that correct).
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

He's asking how to do muzzle flashes, and then have say a vase shatter corrospond the flash. Well, it's really very simple. If you can, I would say get some blank fireing guns, those do the most realistic flashes. If you can't , then you can composite a flash in with good sound in any simple composting program, premiere isn't much of one, but even it can do such a simple task if you'd like. As for the vase, you have someone shoot it with a BB gun of camera, and have the actor fake a shot as the other person shoots the vase. Add the visual effects in, sound, and your final shot is the actor shooting a fake muzzle flash with a corrospoing vase shatter. I recommend adding some smoke for more of an effect on the muzzle flash, and have the actor know what it's like to shot a gun, otherwise it won't sell the shot.
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I don't know... these types of scenerios to figure out are what makes filmmaking soo much fun. Where's the creativity if everyone tells you how to do everything?

First of all, you cannot fire a fake gun. It's a prop. Use your imagination. What do YOU, as a Director, want it to look like?
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I agree, but hes new, so why not help the guy out?
Sigs suck a**.