"Six Feet Frozen" Scenes and DVD

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

joe

"Six Feet Frozen" Scenes and DVD

Post by joe »

Hey all.

I put a couple of sample scenes from "Six Feet Frozen" online. You can view them here:

http://www.lemonus.com/sixfeetsc1.wmv

http://www.lemonus.com/sixfeetsc4.wmv

If you like what you see, you can purchase the full film on DVD. It comes complete with audio commentary by the director/actors, cast/crew/composer bios, information about the production, and animated menus. I decided not to make inserts for the DVD cases to keep costs down. You get the DVD in a standard DVD case for just $5, and that includes S&H. You can pay through Paypal here:

http://www.lemonus.com/sffdvd.htm

I'm trying to keep it real cheap, that pretty much covers the DVD and shipping costs.

I'd love any feedback on the scenes or the final film. Thanks.

Joe
Lemonus
Passit

Post by Passit »

Really good mate. I love that last shot with the photo frame - how did you get that to look so good?

i also liked the choice of music with the first clip as it was simple and a bit mundane – like the guy and his job.

One small gripe was that i would have liked to have seen the actors faces a little as i felt a bit distant and despite what appeared like good acting, i didnt feel any emotion or connection with them. An occasional close up could have addressed this point.

Please tell us more about the film i.e. budget, where you got actors, reason for film etc. I’d love to know more about it.
'Pain is temporary, film is forever'
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

"One small gripe was that i would have liked to have seen the actors faces a little as i felt a bit distant and despite what appeared like good acting, i didnt feel any emotion or connection with them. An occasional close up could have addressed this point. "

Yeah I felt the same.

But this was really good. Everything worked real well and flowed nicely. Although you can't really tell much about the characters and what the story is about, so it hasn't convinced me to buy the DVD (even though I can't afford it because I have as much money as a bee...). But yeah good work, would like to see the whole thing, because if i really like the movie I would buy that whole dvd. It's like seeing the movie on TV, then working out you really like the movie then deciding whether or not to buy it. Because if people really like the movie as a whole and can see it as a whole movie online, they are more likely to buy it if they like it.
joe

Post by joe »

Most likely the reason you both feel this way is because the second sample scene isn't the second scene in the film. A more in depth story about the gravedigger is given in the scenes preceding Sample Scene 2.

The story is about a lonely, mentally challenged gravedigger in a small Midwestern U.S. town. He is searching for acceptance in his little community.

I didn't keep track of the budget exactly, but it cost approximately $400-500 US. So, as you can see, it's not a money venture at all. I've tried to get the full film online, but it is quite large and I can't seem to stay on long enough to upload it. I thought the Extras on the DVD would be good to offer to people as well.

My actors are all local actors. The gravedigger is an experienced actor seeking to make it a profession one day. The older man, Chuck Rubovitz has been acting for over 30 years onstage, and I've brought him into filmmaking recently. The girl is also an aspiring actress.

This film is really a look into social status in a community. Anyone that is different (i.e. Mentally Challenged Gravedigger) is often an outcast. It is meant to dig deeper into this theme.

Thanks for your comments guys.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

How long is the film? That may help dictate my choice in whether or not to purchase the DVD. I can't watch the clips yet, but I'll try to get to them later tonight.
Erm... yeah...
Passit

Post by Passit »

the web link says 33.16
asapfilms

Post by asapfilms »

I am very impressed with that...I never thought I would ever buy a film that wasnt made by the big film industries but this one might prove me wrong! Personally I didnt have a problem with charactor connections, in three minutes you already have me hoping for the people to have a better life. I also really liked the voiceovers, you must have had a recording made, it sounded really good! You still didnt answer the question about the picture dolly angle. Did you just put it on a nice chair? Looks really great, you have me worried, I better pick up a camera and film something.
ASAP Films
www.asapfilms.com
Amateur Screenplays, Amateur Productions
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Passit wrote:the web link says 33.16
I knew I must have missed it somewhere. :?
Erm... yeah...
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

I wasn't expecting to get a deep look at the charecters from two cuts out of the film. But I got what I was looking for. I sense of what the film will look like, and the quality of the shots, music, acting.
My opinion. You gave me a sense that you either read alot of film books on shots like "shot by shot" or you went to some schooling because you shots were well thought out and concise. The close up that was mentioned. for the scene with the old guy, gravedigger and girl, I think a close up wasn't needed. The shots you picked made the scene feel lonely like the grave digger is shunned/outcast. the shots also help enhance the lonely empty feeling of the cemetary.
this is one of the first films I have scene on this site that I am considering buying. First, cause five bucks is cheap, second, because it is a good quality film made buy a nobody, and second, I like the story and directing, acting.

Midwest, what part of the midwest did you shoot it in? This is one of the first films I have seen on this site that has actors of different ages.
Some of those shots reminded me of ones I picked for my "amnesia" film. Wished you were around to run my camera!!!
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

Supreme dude, supreme. Now if I can only get my mom to let me use her credit card....
"Prolly Just Film"
joe

Post by joe »

Hey all.

Thanks for the comments.

For the picture shot, I used a tripod and dolly.

I've never read any books about filmmaking except for "Rebel Without a Crew," which BTW is amazing. I've never been to any sort of film school or been trained in filmmaking either. But, definitely thanks for the compliments.

I'm glad you could connect with the characters at least some with just these two scenes. I think it's a much fuller effect when you can see the entire film though. This film was shot mostly in a small town in Southeast Iowa, near the Missouri border.

I'm going to try and put the whole film up, but my connection is so slow that I may not be able to.

Joe
Lemonus
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

Missouri?... you mean misery... just joking. We used to say that to a guy who was in my film who was from Missouri. I don't think he thought that was funny... not sure... he was slow to catch on to things cause I think months of him smoke pot put him in a permanent stupor. didn't help having him like that in the film cause he always forgot stuff.

Impressed with the shots, and yes that book was good! That one inspired me to skip film school and just take the money and put it into a feature film which I have been working on for three years. If Rodreguez could do it with nothing and get into Hollywood, then why can't anyone else with talent do the same.
Passit

Post by Passit »

crb wrote:Missouri?... you mean misery... just joking. We used to say that to a guy who was in my film who was from Missouri. I don't think he thought that was funny... not sure... he was slow to catch on to things cause I think months of him smoke pot put him in a permanent stupor.
was he a gravedigger too?
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

no he was a soldier, but he kept on forgetting half his equipment. We'd shoot a scene, then realizing he's missing key props that we told him to have on him. he'd have them just before the camera rolled, then right before we'd go to shoot, he'd loose the stuff. We had to reshoot the two scenes he was in cause he kept messing it up. he seemed to always be in a daze.
Passit

Post by Passit »

ha ha! A not so unfamiliar problem!
crb
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crb »

what sucked about the situatiion we had with the guy who smoked to much weed was that we were shooting the opening scene in a huricane. We got the tail end when we shot the scene. So we got all this rain which added to the effect, and it looked cool. Then we finish the scene and we notice he had no glooves on, which was one of his important props he had to wear. And we say, "where's you glooves?" and his response was, "I didn't know I was suppose to wear those". The actress let into him and told him he was an idiot. She said she wanted to duct tape them to his hands. But figured he'd still take them off.
Passit

Post by Passit »

lol! let that be a lesson to the kids on here - dont do drugs!!!

thats pretty funny, you could use that story for a comedy sketch those guys are looking for on another thread!