My next venture - Comedy sketch-show

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Caveman

My next venture - Comedy sketch-show

Post by Caveman »

Hey,

Well my friend and I have started work on our next project. After a large amount of planning (78 A4 sheets of writing and notes to be precise) we've settled to to 6 episodes of comedy sketches.

Some sketches will be related to others,
There will be 3 running story-lines,
There will be a musical number in each episode (comic obviously)
There will also be many un-connected random sketches
Each of the 6 episodes will be 15-20mins long.

We've completed 1 of the running story-lines, we've written a couple of the songs and the other stuff's at various stages of completion (naturally more A4 sheets have been used and much time has been spent on Word)

Filming is due to start early July, however, I am sure there is more that can be done.

So basically I'm asking if anyone's thought of any funny sketches or situations but haven't made them for one reason or another... would they like to let me in on them?

We're going to be going absolutely mad this Summer so any ideas, no matter how crazy, will be most heartily welcomed :D

Cheers people
John
Bugalicious

RE: My next venture - Comedy sketch-show

Post by Bugalicious »

wow. sounds like a great idea. Are you going to put the eps online once youve made them?
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
theChad

Post by theChad »

I've always wanted to do it. I just don't have a driven possee to do it with.
{[url=http://movies.chocolate4breakfast.com]Movie For Breakfast[/url]} - Powered by Dr. Pepper and an unhealthy love of late night movie viewings
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

TIP: Put laughting sound effects in. Worked well in my little sketches I filmed.
Visits? That would indicate visitors!
Lee

Post by Lee »

Funny you should do this as one of my filmmaking friends (JK90) has started planning a comedy series for us to shoot this year. You also seem to come from central England as I do which is another coincidence.
JK90 will have more details though.

Lee
'Sod the candles, I'm in love.'
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Cool - I see you're from Birmingham... Your mate's not perhaps from Nottingham or close-by is he?

I like the canned laughter idea... we had actually decided not 2 use it but I'm reconsidering now (after watching Monty Python last night)

I'll upload the eps as soon as they're finnished (not sure how it works but still)

Oh yeah - and does any1 have experience @ organising HUGE numbers of ppl for a project (like music etc.)? If so can u give me a few tips?

So... has any1 got any craaaazy ideas for sketches?

cheers,
John
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

amade a couple of sketches, one was of a guy buying a paper and the shop keeper says the papers a pound yet the guy points out thats it says on the paper 20p. They have a large arguement and then the guy gives in and pays the pound. Then while hes running the paper through the scanner, he rips it up and gives him the shreads. I've made that one, a classic.
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

me and about 7 other people will be having a sketch show on TV in the near future, we are currently in the planning stage, but I now have the support from a TV station, so not sure when the we will have the first episode done. But things are looking up.

So basically, yeah, I have heaps of ideas for sketches, but I can't tell you them :P

PS. "I see you're from Birmingham... Your mate's not perhaps from Nottingham or close-by is he?" What's englands obsession with ham?
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Sorry, who shreds the paper and gives it to who?

lol - we thought we were being reeli clever in coming up with a comedy sketch-show - it seems, however, you all got there first!

Which means you'll be able to forewarn me of the many things that'll go wrong that I don't know about yet? :p

Also, does anyone know where I can get lots of different laughter sounds? (using the same one each time will look cheap n'est pas?)

cheers,
John
ChemicalShaman

Re: RE: My next venture - Comedy sketch-show

Post by ChemicalShaman »

Jass Films wrote:me and about 7 other people will be having a sketch show on TV in the near future, we are currently in the planning stage, but I now have the support from a TV station, so not sure when the we will have the first episode done. But things are looking up.
Hey Jass,

Have you seen a show called The Shambles on Channel 31?

It's actually pretty good. Three, melbourne teenagers doing a bunch of comedy sketches as well as a lot of improvised stuff around melbourne. Funny stuff for amateurs.

Where abouts in Melbourne you from?

Im from frankston,

CS
Jasonrocks

RE: Re: RE: My next venture - Comedy sketch-show

Post by Jasonrocks »

Try to be like monty python, as in make sketches that are TOTALLY WEIRD AND INSANE!
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

if you need an animator for weird sketches like monty python pm me....
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Me and Dan were gonna do a slap stick comedy show, really lay it on like bottom, but it never came to anything.
ahh well....one day maybe
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'