My first music video!

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

My first music video!

Post by Vamp »

Spent most of the day covered in gore, screaming and thrashing around with a guitar for my experiement al music project. Lots of Fun!!

You can download it here at www.yiridat.cjb.net

There is a story to the video: Stuck in your personal hell of guilt, being tormented by the memory of those you killed... Trying to convince your demons you're innocent before being driven to total insanity.
www.neverdead.co.nr
XeFx309

RE: My first music video!

Post by XeFx309 »

Thats a music video?
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Well, I pretty much hate hard metal goth rock to begin with, but, um, none of the things you said were even in the video. It was mostly a guy in a business suit behind bars screaming while a creepy white dude with makeup on beat the hell out of a guitar... maybe I'm just not deep enough to get it I guess.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

wow....utterly speachless....im sorry, that was terrible. I mean what was the point of me watching that? Heavy metal isnt bout someone spewing blood from they're mouth, your suppost to get intouch with the music, not sit there and say "wtf is this"...u know? score out of 10 would be 3.2
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm sorry! HAHAHA!!! HA...Ha....hah...

HAHAHA!!!
@seanbagley
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

That's pretty harsh people - I thought we were done with the pointless mudslinging.
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

ok, um the music, well pretty freaky. Not sure if I would call it music, more just a lot of sounds put together. Personal oppinion.

Anyway, interesting film. I think you needed remove a lot of the light from the shots to give it maximum impact on the view. You are trying to show a hellish world, but you are showing it with heaven like visuals. They contradict each other.

Also try and get the guitars in time, the guitarist was playing a lot slower the the dubbed music. Made it kinda hard to believe he was playing it. It's like having a vocalist singing but having the mouth speaking different words to what is being heard.

The black and white look works in your favour, although better lighting would have made it feel like it had more of a point. Try getting some lamps and shining it on one side of the subject being filmed. Have the rest pretty dark (maybe lightly lit) that will have more of a dark impact on the audience (connects with my first comment).

I love my music, there is no doubt about that, and I can tell good music no matter what style it is. But I don't find that good music. Then again I'm not in that goth/heavy metal scene.

Enough of the bad, now for a bit of good. It does show a bit of potential, I thought it was well edited, just the production things such as lighting etc need a bit of work (or work full stop). Keep at it dude, hope to see some more of your stuff soon.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Thanks for the feedback Jass...

To everyone else, get it out of your minds that this is "Goth music" Gothic music is the likes of, The Cure, Siouxie And The Banshees, Fields Of The Nephillim, VNV Nation, Cruxshadows, Trsitania etc.

This is Hypnotic Dementia Necro, in the vain of bands such as Anaal Nathrakh.

Everyone I said is in that video.

The man is caged, going crazy with the hauntings of his victim before being driven to total brain death.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Rheborn

Post by Rheborn »

Im at a loss of words...
--------------------------
www.xeropictures.com
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

Vamp wrote:Thanks for the feedback Jass...

To everyone else, get it out of your minds that this is "Goth music" Gothic music is the likes of, The Cure, Siouxie And The Banshees, Fields Of The Nephillim, VNV Nation, Cruxshadows, Trsitania etc.

This is Hypnotic Dementia Necro, in the vain of bands such as Anaal Nathrakh.

Everyone I said is in that video.

The man is caged, going crazy with the hauntings of his victim before being driven to total brain death.

There was no opening, it didnt even look like the guy was playing the guitar... :?
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Well basically my problem with it is what Truggy said - there's really nothing in there about the guy being a murderer, unless you count him screaming "I didn't kill you" over and over at the kid with the blood on his face. It's kind of the '28 Days Later' syndrome - if you say there are themes and storylines in it, well, they've got to actually be in it.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

umm it was kinda bad. i hardly consider that music, but even if it was i couldn't see how any of your footage made up a story. and i consider that goth music.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Not only are there multiple shots of him slashing someone's throat, but also various shots of him dragging and burying the body.

If you think that is Gothic music, you need to actually read up on what it is because the genre that is closest to is Death with a few Black Metal aesthetic elements.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Passit

Post by Passit »

Vamp wrote:This is Hypnotic Dementia Necro
well I learn something new everyday....
'Pain is temporary, film is forever'
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Passit wrote:
Now how does that compare to psychotic dementia necro???
We h ad this discussion Saturday night with a two bands that were being recorded to include on The Underground. It was another unusual bill featuring punk, classic and metal bands. Our 'unofficail' decision is that here are four basic genres, punk, classic, pop, metal - sub genres are determinaed by combining 2 of those terms and sub-sub genres by combining three of those terms. Using this method this would probably be defined as punk metal metal - :) The next step is to tell the A&R people, management and bands to quit making up silly a$$ed genre names just to try to define what you do for marketing!
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Interesting, I kind of liked some of the images..the strangness of them. But a music video it is not.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

Raptor wrote:
Passit wrote:
Now how does that compare to psychotic dementia necro???
We h ad this discussion Saturday night with a two bands that were being recorded to include on The Underground. It was another unusual bill featuring punk, classic and metal bands. Our 'unofficail' decision is that here are four basic genres, punk, classic, pop, metal - sub genres are determinaed by combining 2 of those terms and sub-sub genres by combining three of those terms. Using this method this would probably be defined as punk metal metal - :) The next step is to tell the A&R people, management and bands to quit making up silly a$$ed genre names just to try to define what you do for marketing!
interesting story there mate... I always knew we could count on you.
dennismv

Post by dennismv »

at first, I couldn't download the video for some reason, but I was reading comments of others and was laughing and thinking of what could have possibly been in this video.

Well, now I saw the video.
I think it's an expression of something.
And as an expression of something I think it's kinda cool.
If you ask me what is this expression of, I may say teenage angst.

Now about the video and the description. I feel that the video may have not exactly conveyed the point of what was happening. Just by seeing the video I'd probably think that this is a scary dream sequence or something. Other than that it's open to interpretation. i.e. the person behind bars was perhaps put in jail for a crime he didn't commit, but he's been in jail so long that he thinks he did it, and he goes mental and dies. Or that maybe he did the crime, but believes he's innocent for some reason, and still goes nuts as the visions catch up with him.

About description itself .. if you killed those who you killed, how can you try to convince the demons that you're innocent ?

I think that it's probably hard to put your exact thoughts to video. It is probably the toughest and most artistic part of video/film making.
I myself have a script called T-shirt Envy, where I want to portrait a frigging multitude of emotions, including some very deep and profound emotions. I believe I expressed those emotions exceedingly well on paper, but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to express them on video. I'm guessing that some parts may turn out like Frodo in Lord of the Rings where you see his expression and his eyes for 10 seconds or more, just expressing his emotions. And when I'm done, depending on how well I made it, someone may misunderstand the emotions, or miss my point, or go .. what the heck was that ?

So, I wonder .. should one include a description of what happens in the video ? I'm thinking that whatever the case is, it won't hurt. But a well-made video can probably speaks for itself without the description.

Other thoughts..
at 1:09 in the video, the face of the guy behind bars reminds me of a clown's expression -- wide open eyes, almost ready to do something funny. I thought it was kinda funny.

The multiple shots of him killing and burying the body are too fast to really understand what is going on.
i.e. I didn't know what was happening until I read your description and then watched the video again. It flashed too fast and I didn't quite figure out what was happening.
Maybe if one watches the video several times some of these points may come through.

Is it a music video ?
I probably wouldn't call it a music video in a traditional MTV sense.
But then there are some bands that play really different and weird music, i.e Gwar, Stomp, even Blue Man Group.
I think that what some comments are trying to say (and if not, then I'm saying it) is that for a music video you need to have places where music is synching with video. Since there was little to no such synching, this video is something else.
That was synch in a sense of you see the performer strike a guitar and you hear the sound.

Now about a different kind of synch: actions and the mood set by the music.
I feel that the music throughout the video is monotone. What I mean is that for a good synch you may need different music to set the mood. i.e. first, before the guy goes insane, while he sees the visions maybe play something vision-inducing. Then as he starts going crazier and crazier, speed up the pace or change the music so that it is more menacing, scary, etc.
I see that the music picks up the pace and changes somewhat towards the end, yet there is not enough change to clearly set the visions and insanity apart.

Well, enough nit-picking already.

I think it's a good idea in the video. Perhaps somewhat underdeveloped by looking at the description of how you wanted it to be seen. Personally, the video leaves me with an "eek" and mild "what the heck" reaction, while managing to provide some meaning, which, however, I may not understand. I personally don't like blood and gore, but overall the video was alright, freaky and kinda cool I guess.

I like the picture on the site with the 3 headed dog and the guy in the corner.
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

he writes more then i do...
Spike_P_2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: My first music video!

Post by Spike_P_2 »

Gyro wrote:HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm sorry! HAHAHA!!! HA...Ha....hah...

HAHAHA!!!
rofllmaolol honestly man, lol lol, rofl, lmao
"Peopel shouldn't fear their Governments, Governments should fear their People."
-"V" for Vendetta
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: My first music video!

Post by Truggy »

>????<
--
Nomaden

RE: Re: RE: My first music video!

Post by Nomaden »

hm, a well worth first try?
Once upon a time, there were three little pigs and a big bad wolf...maybe you've heard it ;P