Trailer: Unforgiven

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Trailer: Unforgiven

Post by SgtPadrino »

This is yet another reason why I'm too busy to actually post any finished products online (juggling four projects at the same time is kind of a b**ch.) Here is the third project I'm working on, besides the third and final iteration of Vietcong, The Main Perk and Writ. It is entitled Unforgiven, and is at its core a revenge flick, only with a twist. It's about a guy that gets treated like s*** his entire life, but then, one day (or night, I should say,) he's had enough. He grabs a gun off of a dead mafioso, then during the course of a single night he tracks down and murders everyone who treated him like s*** on a day to day basis. You can download the trailer here.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Trailer: Unforgiven

Post by maj_barnes »

Unforgiven
Unforgiven is already taken(Western, and the best one in my opinon!); Clint Eastwood made it back in 1993 I think. And I don't think you can get away with this title because it got alot of Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Well, basically I just don't care. I'm not entering this in any film festivals, and I'm not selling it on DVD or anything, so who's going to notice? Bottom line: my movie's title is Unforgiven, and it's going to stay that way.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I liked the trailer on a variety of levels, first off I love the booming narrator's voice you have in all your films, next would have to be some of the shots, really innovative and proffessional. As far as faults, I feel that the ongoing road was a bit redudent and I think that your character isn't "dressed" to kill, just looks like some average teenager. Unless that's what you're trying to portray.

Edit: Don't worry about that title, it's good.
Last edited by Gyro on Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
@seanbagley
V|Esquilaxer

Post by V|Esquilaxer »

I found the trailer very moving. The music was great and it was well edited to gave that extra effect. Looking forward to the movie.
OPL Productions - [url]http://www.opl-bordeaux.tk[/url] home of Dead Conspiracy.
____
http://www.sht.ca/media/trailer_dc_high.wmv
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Thanks - that booming voice is mine, btw :) But yeah, he's supposed to look like an average guy, because that's what he really is - he never planned the rampage, it just sort of... falls into his lap is the phrase I guess I'd use. It's only half done, and everyone's gonna be out of town for spring break, so it won't be finished until probably after Easter weekend.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

Personally, it sounds like the movie I am currently working on, with a few different things, and some bad lighting. The narrations were alright but could have been better. Also some of the sounds effects were pretty loud and need to be pulled down a notch or 2.
"Prolly Just Film"
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Okay, just don't ruin such a great title (I doubt you would though).
and some bad lighting
Some of the parts in there looked like a black background with gray blobs walking around.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I don't know about gray blobs walking around... maybe it's your video card or something, because it looks fine to me. But the whole thing is being shot at night, and I don't really feel like spending any time or money on lighitng setups, so I'm just relying on ambient lighiting to get the job done, and so far it's done fine.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Wow I love it. Good music, good shots, I love that line at the end when you hear "I hold you life between my thumb and index finger." I must say bravo and I really want to see this movie.

Also that roadway shot was kinda long.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

They weren't gray blobs but were like figures that you couldn't see too well. And why don't you try messing with the brightness and contrast, and mess around with the tints. It's a great way to make it look dark, but sometimes it doesn't come out good.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Thanks, and about the road shot - I guess have a thing for cutting shots I like way too long :)
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

looks pretty interesting, I will definately check this out. I agree with the above posts about some shots being dark, but if you dont to spend money on lights, ( like me haha ) then do the best with what you have. towards the end, i think you should either bring the level down on the music OR raise the level on the narration. I couldn't understand what was being said - they were try to overpower each other too much.. I would say bring down the music since that's to usually supposed to add to the mood and what's being said is most important.
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]