Finishing

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Swanny

Finishing

Post by Swanny »

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys do when you have finished a movie? Do you save it and put it on a DVD/VCD, or export it to a camera to put on tape?

Also, if you are going to put your movie on a website or something, what setting should you export it in?

Sorry if these sound stupid but i have always wondered.

Cheers
Swanny
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Finishing

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Well I export all my sstuff as a DV AVI file 1st, and burn that onto a data-DVD for archiving, so that way, the project doesn't have to stay on my HD and I can re-import if I ever have to make a change.

Then, I design a DVD (menus, etc.) and burn that. As far as the web, I usually go with 1000 kbps WMV files at standard resolution (720x480), so they are good quality, because I can't stand downloading compressed stuff, it just ruins the movie. Although I've only ever uploaded 2 or 3 things.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

If you want to export to the web you gotta go with Sorenson Squeeze. Try to get your hands ona copy of that. It does it's job WAY better than any presets in premiere or anythng else. Also it's very easy to use. I do pretty much the same thnig as USAmaterFilmaker does as far as archiving blah blah blah....
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Sorenson Squeeze or Cleaner XL are the way to go as far as web compression is concerned.
Erm... yeah...