What shade of green?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

ChemicalShaman

What shade of green?

Post by ChemicalShaman »

I was thinking of painting a few walls in my house completely green, maybe even ceiling too? :)

Just because I can.

For green screen style effects what sort of green should I ask for down at the paint store? Just their brightest greenest green? :) or is there anything specific?

cheers
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: What shade of green?

Post by mercenary123 »

Look in the chromakey fabrics, 72" for 15$

http://www.premier-lighting.com/index.html
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
chchaisson1

Post by chchaisson1 »

"Low Budget Chroma Paint. Mixed by Lowe's Hardware, it is a very close match to the original chroma green (left) and about half the price. Lowes will mix it if you give them the following numbers: 103-4Y 113-1Y 1145Y32 base 4"

I quote this from Detonation Films' website. :wink:
padawanNick

Post by padawanNick »

Go to the paint store and pick up several green paint shade sample cards. (Lots of different shades of green)
Take them home, tape them to the wall and shoot some video of them with your camera.
Load the video into your computer and review the Red, Green, Blue levels of the different shades of green.

You'll find that the brightest greens actually have a lot of red channel in them. Not good.
Find the one shade that has the highest green channel value while having the lowest red & blue. That's the shade you want.

Take the sample back to the paint store and ask them to make up a batch for you.
Have fun.