Nightmares

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

JJJSWIFT

Nightmares

Post by JJJSWIFT »

in an upcoming movie that we have just started planning for we need lots of nightmare ideas and just plain creepy things that would scare the cr** out of you and not make you want to go to sleep...so if anyone could post some of their worst fears and/or nightmares please do it would help a bunch. Thanks
XhuntedoverlordX

RE: Nightmares

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

Do something really weird. Maybe have some guy chasing the character through the house with something weird, ya know, not your usual weapon, maybe a golf club, or a blender, or something along those lines. Or maybe have another where the dream is in black and white, and theres its just him running through a house, no sound or anything, and maybe have one color showing, like only show red. Those are my ideas I don't know if I worded them right, i'm just kinda zoned out right now, lol. Bu thats when I have my good ideas.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

The one thing I have learned from many recent horror movies (ie: The Grudge) is that even though what is on the screen should scare you, it usually doesn't. I have concluded that this is because of 2 things:

1. Most scare strategies have been done before, there is a serious lack of innvovative scares nowadays
2. Music buildups (such as the loud orchestral pieces when something is going to jump out at you) make it so you expect what is coming, which reduces the shock value A LOT

So when planning a horror flick, it is important to sit down a while and think of what really scares YOU, and how the situation would play out in order to make you scream like a 2 year old. When you have done this, then you most likely have an idea that will probably scare others as well.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Grant

Post by Grant »

do not forget the technique of "bussing". That is where tension is built up to an extremely high point and then it it broken with a loud/noise event not connected with the chase/attack. The term comes from the original "Cat People" where a lady is being chased through a park by a largely unseen foe. She looks behind and then too front as we here a screech and a bus drives into shot. The technique has been used widely since lol
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

You could have a head sitting on the floor, eyes closed, then have its eyes open quick with thin evil eye-brows, have it open its mouth and its tongue shoots out endlessly.
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...