Premiere Sound

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

cwf

Premiere Sound

Post by cwf »

I've got a problem in Premiere that when i am editing and scubbing through the footage the sound can be heard but then when i press space or play to play the footage in the little monitor window i have no sound :?

It was working the other day and now suddenly went like this
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

RE: Premiere Sound

Post by Matt »

What version of Premiere are you using?
levertuning

Post by levertuning »

Try this:

Project -> project settings -> Then you'll see a "playback settings" button on the upper right of the project settings window. Press it. Then select the option "Playback on DV hardware and Desktop". your problem should be solved.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I have ran into the same problem, the issue is actually a mismatch on what audio your camcorder recorded in and what you have set premiere to do as a project setting. Like your camcorder might grab at 44hz and you set your project up at 48hz. Solution before you start cutting and stuff like that, drag the files into your project and render them out, this will go very quickly and the new audio will work in scrub and listen (playback) mode. OR, just set your project to use the same audio setting as your camcorder.

Hope that helps.

FYI: If you use another utility to edit sounds make sure you save in the right format to match your premiere project.