making an army out of a few extras

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

making an army out of a few extras

Post by ct_bullet »

i've read the post about making an army out of a few extras andi was wondering how you dudes do it, you talk about blue screens etc. i have no idea how you do this, i know blue screens are used in some corny films where they can't get the scenery but how do u do this yourself?? i mean where do u get one firstly?? an does anyone, well am sure you do, but do u know how to plcae this image onto different layer etc. i don't know if mine camera is compatible or something, its just a family one really nothing fancy, can anyone help me please??
movie_freak2

RE: making an army out of a few extras

Post by movie_freak2 »

Did you even notice the post that is only a few posts under yours? http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6220 If the link doesn't work just look at the post underneath.
videoman7790

Post by videoman7790 »

dude, your camera hardly has anything to do with it. get premiere and play around with it. you can make blue/ greenscreens out of anything. www.detonationfilms.com has some good tips on paint that is chroma color. but you can get bright green posterboard at a dollar store. or for bigger you can use a tablecloth or bedsheet of green or blue. masking would work perfectly but it might be too complicated for someone who cant even composite. look into Adobe Premiere. dowload a trial off of Adobe.com. i think this project might be a little to complicated for you. go to www.secret7000.com and click on the forest movie. good zombie example. pretty neat. basically these guys want more beer but they have to go through a mysterious forest. and like 100 creepy zombie thing come out and attack them. they start shooting their brains out. and finally win, then they drink some beer. good effects. drop me an email with any questions or comments. its in my sig.
best of luck
hey does anyone have any video stuff they dont want anymore? ill take it for free. email me at

homestarfreak13@hotmail.com
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

cheers, i watched the film, its pretty good insn't it, i liked the zombie scenes and i'm going to give it ago, thanks
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

You've got a lot to learn my friend. I wouldn't recommend a blue screen at all, but masking in a program such as Affter effects. If your looking for a bluescreen, well almost anything a solid ( Light ) blue works really. If you'd like to learn more about masking, contact me. If not, then check out the thread " Making an army out of 10 extras" for additonal information.
Sigs suck a**.
MasterMike

Post by MasterMike »

A simple green screen would have made some of our work on The Forest so much easier! Ah, it took us forever to do the cloning shots in that. It was mostly masking and vector painting. The main cloning shot took us about 3 months. Hard work but the effort paid off in the end.
[url=http://www.secret7000.co.uk]Join The Secret 7000[/url]