I'm Going With The Modern Day War Film

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I'm Going With The Modern Day War Film

Post by Gyro »

I Am King LTD has decided to work on "Project: Modern War" (Current Title) scheduled to be filmed next summer. Right now it's in major brainstorming/writing stages, so there is no guaranteed plot at this moment. But if you're looking for an idea of what it might be like, try mixing Behind Enemy Lines and Black Hawk Down. What I want from you fella's is just general ideas, what you'd like to see, any suggestions of any kind. Please don't tell me to NOT make this film. I've already made up my mind to portray this on film. Thanks for the thoughts and opinions!
@seanbagley
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: I

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Do you have anything yet in the way of Settings, or anything at all?
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Well. Travel south a tad and I've got my Aunt's house that has endless acres of private property that's pretty "deserty" so I'll most likely use that for a location. I'm lucky enough to have some fenatical friends that're already stocking up on kevlar helmets and airsoft m-16s and m-4s so we're working on props as well.
@seanbagley
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Alright, I want to see a Blackhawk helicopter in this. Not just stock footage or a 3D model, but something that you all jump out of and kicks up dust and stuff. And lets hear some Farsi in it too.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

if you can get a pro to do some pyrotechnics for ya that would be great. Also, if anyone u know has a hummer, that would be great also. Even an H2 will do.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Yeah, get heaps of refrence pics of the Modern Day U.S soldier and get EVERYTHING down to the LAST button right. Your audience will love it!
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

All sounds good, plus I may get some permission to film on some local military air fields, with all the running helicopters in the background etc. Should work out well if I can do it right, any more advice?
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Re: RE: I

Post by Epsilon »

U.S.Amateurfilmaker wrote:Even an H2 will do.
Ewww. Those things are an insult to the name Hummer. Hummers are meant to be bullet proof, camoflaged, and have a machine gun on top. Not rolling around freeways trying to look "cool". :|
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: I

Post by DeadLogic »

I think you're trying for too much. Helicopters? Humvees? Never plan to make a movie elying on something you dont have.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Re: RE: Re: RE: I

Post by Epsilon »

DeadLogic wrote:I think you're trying for too much. Helicopters? Humvees? Never plan to make a movie elying on something you dont have.
No, you should. That is what makes it so darn fun! :D
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I

Post by foxwood »

you could make a flick about a group of Marine Recon gunts, who are stuck behind enamy lines, in some desert country, (I would go with making up somthing that sounds good as oposed to a read place). And that would alow for you to have desert and troopers, and not have to use any massive building or tanks or stuff like that. Maybe carve out a few fox holls and the like.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: I

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Epsilon wrote:
U.S.Amateurfilmaker wrote:Even an H2 will do.
Ewww. Those things are an insult to the name Hummer. Hummers are meant to be bullet proof, camoflaged, and have a machine gun on top. Not rolling around freeways trying to look "cool". :|
Yeah scratch that actually. But still, an H2 camoflauged would be better than a random suv. But a landrover or a nissan/toyota SUV would be great for the enemy leader's private car. (which you ambush or bomb of course). Most films about the middle east/war toen regions use these models (don't ask me why but i guess they must be terrorists' choice lol) Some ideal ones would be a landrover discovery for a VIP car, enemy gun mounts on a toyota tacoma or tundra (the older the better). Just some specific suggestions for ya.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Heh, guess that me a warlord, we drive a Pathfinder.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

how bout not make a war film, wasnt that your last one bout someone in service?

*signs*

ill just shhh right now and say good luck lol....ill be lookin foreward to see heli's and stuff in your film :wink:
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Please don't tell me to NOT make this film. I've already made up my mind to portray this on film.
@seanbagley
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Re: RE: I

Post by Truggy »

Truggy wrote:how bout not make a war film, wasnt that your last one bout someone in service?

*signs*
Scott_Talbot

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I

Post by Scott_Talbot »

i would just mention to give the characters background and depth, so that the movie isnt just another "shoot em up."

do not use a h2.

you would be better off using toyotas or land rovers, since that what people actully use.