My New Film Company Logo

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

cwf

My New Film Company Logo

Post by cwf »

I thought i would share with you my new CWF Productions logo. Well really it was all Epsilon's work. He has done himself proud here, i think it is brilliant and looks really professional. I think he posted a pic of it on the forum the other day and some people said it looked repetative :S from one frame. Well heres the whole thing.

ENJOY

http://www.cwf1.co.uk/logo.mov

Tell me what you guys think,

CWF
spoonstudiosintl

RE: My New Film Company Logo

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

WOW! I feel like I'm back in 1985! What amazing music!

Frankly, I hate it. It's far FAR too long, and the music makes me launch into spastic fits of laughter. But the animation is nice.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: My New Film Company Logo

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah, that music didn't do the animation justice, and it was a little long for my liking. It seemed like the music was taken from a promotional video for a 1987 Buick Le Sabre. Just did not suit the scene at all. The animation was cool though, I found the flight awkward at one point though, and I had to crank up my monitor brightness to see it properly. Nice job Epsilon.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
cwf

Post by cwf »

wel if any one would like to suggest some music they think would fit the animation better please let us know or if you think you could compose some music that would fit please say
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Im nto sure what to suggest. I played a number of songs over the video, none worked. My advice is to cop out some video and make is a few secomds shorter.

Did you make that 3d yourself?
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RE: My New Film Company Logo

Post by I3lade203 »

spoonstudiosintl wrote: Frankly, I hate it. It's far FAR too long, and the music makes me launch into spastic fits of laughter. But the animation is nice.
I agree. It's not the best textured in the world either, basiclly grey blocks is all it is. To long, and repetitive, you don't need that much for an opener, but the animation and camera movements look fine, and the lighting is good.
Sigs suck a**.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: My New Film Company Logo

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

The music is from a program called smartsound which automatically scores a video based on it's length. I personally can't stand when people use it. As far as the animation, it's really good, but I don't really think it needs to be that long, as others have said. Try shortening it.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
bangoker

RE: Re: RE: My New Film Company Logo

Post by bangoker »

yup... the music kind of sucked.

and, what kind of disapointed me was, that there was this whole big thing, and at the end the logo is just there wireframed....kind of too simple

i was expecting the little plane (which could also benefit from a little better modeling...its almost like a shoebox with wings) to go away, and then the camera would zoom out, revealing that what the little spaceship was traveling was the logo, then after the logo like that, maybe make it transform into normal letters.
cwf

Post by cwf »

Elipsion did the animation, i think that he may b doing the words in different but i am not sure yet
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah, the models was way to boxy. I don't think epsilon spent much time on it.
Sigs suck a**.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

Well, I liked the editing, it was good, however I really didn't like how long it was, that was pretty boring and just didn't seem like a logo intro...
"Prolly Just Film"
asapfilms

Post by asapfilms »

Nice, felt like one of those theater intros, "get your popcorn, show is about to start"... It is a little long though...
I have one for short films and one for longer ones

check it out, tell me what you think
http://www.asapfilms.com/videos/asapfilms2.wmv

Im making a 2005 version, going with something more original, instead of the gylph
ASAP Films
www.asapfilms.com
Amateur Screenplays, Amateur Productions
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

Your link doesn't work.

Honestly, and I don't think I'm alone here, cut it to like 4-5 seconds tops. Gyro and I have intros that barely run 3 seconds. The 7 minute or whatever deal you got is awful.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
cwf

Post by cwf »

I understand what u are saying but dont be an idiot. It is 35 seconds not 7 minutes and if you look at logos such as the Universal logo it is around the 20-30 seconds mark in its full.

I feel that, 3 seconds isnt nearly enough time for a logo to have a great enough impact
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Your intro dosn't need to be that complex CWF. The point is to get people to notice the name, not embark on some strange quest with a spcaeship. Look at any profesinal film company, nobodys is like that. Take unieversal for example, it's about a 5 second clip of earth spinning showing UNIVERSAL STUDIOS on the other side. Fox , the logo with the lights, about 5 seconds long. 35 seconds is like 7 minuites. It is way to long!! You don't need more then 8 seconds, anything over is just stupid, and if anyone is downloading your film online, and sees 35 seconds of that, they are bound to turn it off becuase they think "What , this is the film some spaceship flying around? " after 10 seconds. The logo does NOT need a great impact. It just needs to say, Hey, these guys are the guys who did this. Spoonstudios is deffintly right.

Oh, and asap films, yours was a little shorter, but theres a lot of black before anything happens, theres no sound, and it's bascilly a copy of the matrix.
Sigs suck a**.
asapfilms

Post by asapfilms »

yeah...plus it has nothing to do with anything I've done, plan to make another one before january... Idk what happen to the sound though, it has a vocal piece to it???

However I agree with CWF, 3 seconds is way to short... blink and you miss it! Id say that 30-40 seconds is good, enough time to show something and then your title. CWF you may want to change the colors just a little, its kinda dark...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

You obviously did not read my above post. Go read it damnit! 30 - 40 seconds is way to long. 8 seconds is the maximum anything ever should be for a production opener.
Sigs suck a**.
cwf

Post by cwf »

WHat do you mean he didnt read YOUR post? Your talking to him as if he cant have an opinion. Just becuase you state that anything over 8 seconds is too long doesnt make it right. There is nothing wrong with a logo around 20-30 seconds as long as it is interesting and captures peoples attention. That was MY opinion and it doesnt make it law
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Shoooooooooooooorrrrrtttttteeerrrrrrrrrrr
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

No , cwf , it may not be a written law, but it's an understood law. Anything over 8 seconds is just to long. People don't want to look at this opener cr**, they want to see the film. It's not your opinion that matters, it's the viewers. Read my post, you will see why.

Look at what everyones saying, it's to long. Nobody cares really. 3 seconds may be to short, but over 8 is to long. It's getting a good balance of around 6, it's not the blink of an eye, believe me if people like your work, they will care and look at who did it. If they hate it, then having a long production opener is just going to get it cricitzed more.

There is something seriously wrong if it's 30 - 40 seconds. Thats nearly a full minuite of wasting peoples time. PLUS , it's a boring 30 seconds. It's a ship flying in an out of gray boxes. Seesh!
Sigs suck a**.
cwf

Post by cwf »

ipon70 wrote:Shoooooooooooooorrrrrtttttteeerrrrrrrrrrr
:S ?? what??
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Go read my previous post. By the way, he said Shorter, only with a lot of os rs and ts, meaning it's to DAMN LONG!!
Sigs suck a**.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

My openers are always under 10 sec. And i know I already commented on the music, but to add something... Openers in my opinion should have dramatic music that catches people's attention, yours CWF was just kind of ho hum. Maybe try to use something of edgen's, just e-mail him first, that's what I did for the one I did last year. For my most recent one I composed the music myself in Acid. Came out sounding better than what I would have expected an actual song shortened to fit my opener would have. Just search around, there are plenty free loops sites around the internet to download, as long as you have a music assembly program. If you don't, download acid xpress here, it's the free version of Acid...
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/p ... sp?PID=906

And acidplanet is giving away free loops for the next month, and adding a new collection each day, so go here and check out what they have. Maybe you will find something you can use...

http://www.acidplanet.com/freeloops/?t=6902
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Ha very 80's indeed!

I love long production openers personally, very theater like...

This one was soooooo random though! One minute it's Star Wars, the next the ship explodes for NO APARRENT REASON and then we have a dodgy logo. Not badly done though. Very 3D Studio Max methinks...

As for yours and ASAP films logo animations, you're not really selling youselves at all if you rip off other movies in your openers!!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Don't bother reading the quote lol
Your intro dosn't need to be that complex CWF. The point is to get people to notice the name, not embark on some strange quest with a spcaeship. Look at any profesinal film company, nobodys is like that. Take unieversal for example, it's about a 5 second clip of earth spinning showing UNIVERSAL STUDIOS on the other side. Fox , the logo with the lights, about 5 seconds long. 35 seconds is like 7 minuites. It is way to long!! You don't need more then 8 seconds, anything over is just stupid, and if anyone is downloading your film online, and sees 35 seconds of that, they are bound to turn it off becuase they think "What , this is the film some spaceship flying around? " after 10 seconds. The logo does NOT need a great impact. It just needs to say, Hey, these guys are the guys who did this. Spoonstudios is deffintly right.

Oh, and asap films, yours was a little shorter, but theres a lot of black before anything happens, theres no sound, and it's bascilly a copy of the matrix.

Rock on I3lade! - That's the best post I've seen from you... constructive, informative, justified and zero boasting involved (soz, don't mean to be patronising)

Guess I just mean I agree with you.

Oh yeh - U.S.Amateurfilmmaker... You say the music's from smartsound? Which track? (not being confrontational here - just I haven't heard it so I don't know and i'm interested)