what do you use explosive for squibs

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

nigel333

what do you use explosive for squibs

Post by nigel333 »

I going to make suibs and ive read you can use caps or party poppers but coming from UK bangers are banned so how can you make a big squib effect. cheers nigel

what do you use??
http://www.freewebs.com/rising-evil/
BEST WEBSITE AROUND!!!
SIGN MY GUEST BOOK
Monty_PythonFjords

Post by Monty_PythonFjords »

Keep away from sqibs unless you are trained in stunts. Use this safer method instead:

http://www.exposure.co.uk/eejit/blood/index.html
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Party poppers are nearly powerful enough to blow a chunk of wall or a blood packet anyways. They've been approved for use in household, you can bet there's a very minute amound of powder in it!
BagBoysProductions

Squibs Are Great

Post by BagBoysProductions »

Ok The last film i made i worked alot with squibs. We did at least 30 squibs and never had an accident. All we did was use a few sheets of cardboard. and tape them up and made a chest plate....then fill a condom up with the blood and duct tape it to the chest plate....then slip the fire cracker between it and lit it and pull the shirt over it. i will blood a hole in the shirt about the size of a dime and send blood flying....SQUIBS WORK GREAT... you could also rig a detonator using electric matches and some wires and s***.
BagBoysProductions

RE: Squibs Are Great

Post by BagBoysProductions »

You maay think a firecracker would be dangerous but the card board absorbs the shock and make sure you cover the whole thing in duct tape to stop it from getting wet....like i said i did atleast 30 and all it left was a tiny dent in the plate....and if your scared test it out with no one wearing it...i was scared shitless when i tested it but its no big deal.
Josh Beaver
- Writer
- Director
- SFX
- Editor
october

RE: Squibs Are Great

Post by october »

can we see some footage?
"ORGANIZE BEFORE THEY RISE..."