WWII Outfits and Gear

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Nice, but did you go with brown paint instead of woodstain? (Its hard to tell) If so, why?!!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

WOW that looks awsome. I am going to spend alot of time making a highly detailed m1 one day soon.

Heres a pic i just took of our 101st costume. I just got a scalt .45, a .45 mag pouch and the shoulder patch.

www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Cut your hair and get khaki webbing! That's one of my problems, too much green not enough khaki.
EDIT: Good looking colt.
@seanbagley
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

My M1 belt looks kinda brownish on camera even though its gree. :? anyway, looks good. Josh, how'd you do the dip thing on the foregip?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

A semi round chisel would have done that nicely. (My guess)
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
bad_karma24

Post by bad_karma24 »

Green should be fine.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Unless that pictures reversed, your patch is on the wrong shoulder.
@seanbagley
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Not necessarily. He could have been a 101st vet and changed divisions. Or maybe you're right and he just did put it on the wrong side!

I'm going to be a part of Bad Karma24's group soon. When thing thin out a bit. Before this winter though, I gotta get involved in some of the activities! :)
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

HAHA i think i did get it on the wrong side. I just rember a scene from bob where im sure they had em, on the right side, but i am mistaken.
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Epsilon wrote: I'm going to be a part of Bad Karma24's group soon. When thing thin out a bit. Before this winter though, I gotta get involved in some of the activities! :)
Thier WWII stuff or thier modern stuff?

I'm putting myself together a fully authentic WWII uniform so I can one day join a reenactor's group... Karma's gonna help make sure I get all the stuff I need...

Aint that right, Karma?
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

Honestly, I don't have 200 or so bucks to buy the M42 jump jackets and such. Until then, I'll make do with our prop closet of incorrect stuff.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
bad_karma24

Post by bad_karma24 »

Thier WWII stuff or thier modern stuff?
Starting out on WWII I believe, but we can expand.
I'm putting myself together a fully authentic WWII uniform so I can one day join a reenactor's group... Karma's gonna help make sure I get all the stuff I need...

Aint that right, Karma?
Definently. We'll get you all set!
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Awwww, I wanna join a re-enactors group... Theres a few here, but they only do Australian battles. It's actually alot more dificult trying to get AUSTRALIAN gear here believe it or not!
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

anyone know if there are reenactment groups n england?
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

ill join one eventually.

ordered 2 german uniforms yesterday. (no not authentic)
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

bad_karma24 wrote:

Aint that right, Karma?
Definently. We'll get you all set!
Well, first we'll have to drag DeadLogic off the East coast over here, then semantics can fly. ;)
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Semantics? Whats that gotta do with ANYTHING?

BTW, hopefully I'm ordering some stuff tonight! I've got to get an Ebay account so I can get the wools for cheap.

On a much sadder note, I failed my drivers test today. I hit the curb while parallel parking, and it was an automatic faliure.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I have an eBay account but no credit card, which is a pain in the butt to use!

The wools typically aren't cheap on eBay, I got mine for almost $40 and I lucked out. Most of the time you are fighting the historical militaria collecters willing to pay fortunes on something you want cheap!
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

as epsilon knows, i need a cheap german helmet (actually 2) the plastic ones i was looking at were discontinued.
bad_karma24 wrote:
On a much sadder note, I failed my drivers test today. I hit the curb while parallel parking, and it was an automatic faliure.

Yep... I know how that is. My friend failed because a guy in front of him stopped suddenly, and my friend had to slam on his brakes. He did a "dangerous manuever."
btw badkarma, you made the 40000 post on this fourm with that
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Back on topic, guys....

I STILL havent ordered my stuff from Whatpriceglory, but I will soon. By the end of the month, all the stuff I'll need will be my m41 jacket and the shoes... I might wait until christmas for them. I'm getting the wools on Ebay. Epsilon says he only just barely got some for 40$, but that sounds a-okay to me, since the trousers alone cost over 100$ on whatpriceglory.com.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

A nice pair of repro boots will run you around $150. :D

Be careful when asking relatives for vintage/reproduction items like this because chances are they won't get the thing you want! I remind you also to get the correct size uniform. If you aren't sure of the size on eBay, let it pass, many more will come through. The older shirts don't offer as much leeway as today! Make sure you even know what size shirt and pants you Do wear to start off with! ;)
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Well, I'm asking my parents for the specific item, I just say in general to my relatives that any piece of WWII memorobelia is more than enough to make me happy with a present... I doubt they'll get me more than books or a trinket or two, but I'll enjoy those more than I would enjoy a sweater or a cheap watch. I'd be paying for part of the shoes and jacket anyway, and I wouldnt let them do it on thier own, because you're right, they might get the wrong thing.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

With loads of luck and plenty of parental help, I have a likely chance of getting this for my birthday in a few weeks. http://imageevent.com/oldjeeps/pj?z=2&c ... =4&x=0&p=0 I'd be able to own it for just driving around to school and what not, I'd use it to expand our very small reenactment group and last but not least a fantastic movie prop! If I get this, or any other MB-GPW. I'd be the happiest man alive.
@seanbagley
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Yes that's true, but even if I can't get it for some reason, atleast I have my pile of helmets.
Here lies the mountain of helmets, this is only on one side, the other side of that train cart, there is much much more. This mountain is at Smith and Edwards, the largest Army Surplus store in the west. Only about an hour drive away, so if anyone wants some helmets, let me know.
@seanbagley
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

They sell liners indoors too.
@seanbagley