WWII Outfits and Gear

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

mmmkay... See SAINTS AND SOLDIERS!!!! 9.5/10 :D
(Saving Private Ryan - 11/10)
I3lade203, whered you come up with your name? Also you Epsilon?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Saints and Soldiers is an excellent movie!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Honostly, I have no idea.. got it a while ago.. Saints and soldiers looks alright, spr excellcnet! THE BUNKER = NO!
Sigs suck a**.
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

I try to spend little money on the movies I make. So far I've spent $5 on a cap gun (Colt .45) at a dollar store.
I gather a group together and we'll do car washes. You can get a couple thousand in a Saturday afternoon, all you need are girls in bikinis.
Hehe, I gotta try that...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/buletz/proudmandownsig.jpg[/img]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Storyline of the bunker was what killed it.

I try to spend little money on the movies I make. So far I've spent $5 on a cap gun (Colt .45) at a dollar store.
I don't.
Sigs suck a**.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I try to make it look authentic with a $200 Colt .45 Replica with moving parts.

Col.Sahb go to www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au/main.html

And www.collectorsarmoury.com.au
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

$200+ for a colt 45? I'd rather make one out of cardboard. We aren't using sidearms that much, we are concentrating more on the big weapons :D.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Bah. I have seen "the bunker" on the shelf at my local video rental place, and I almost got it out of curiosity, but it looked to be of poor quality. Pearl Harbor? BLECH! A horrible love movie, a horrible war movie, a horrible movie altogether.

Geez, now that I've got people all over the world posting at this thread, people post around the clock! I have a hard time keeping up with the topic.

I saw the forgotten trailer. Liked the trailer, and I think your costumes are great. Better than I can do, thats for sure. I'm just so busy nowadays.... You people steal all my free time by posting in this thread nonstop!
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

has anyone seen the john wayne film on iwo jima(can't remember its name) and, if so, os it any good?

gyro, what is that black patch above the person in your avatar's head?
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

Okay, I'm back everyone from a nice week at the lake before school statrs on thursday :sob: :buzzsaw:

Anyway, I have fully completed 3 us 101st costumes armed with m1a1 SMG, m1 garand, and m1 carbine (along with like 30 .45's.......lol time for some john woo stlye.....) (with the exeption of 1 helmet), complete with 101st screaming eagle badges. I also have two german soldier costumes, and one german officier. The two soldiers armed with mp40's (i also have a k98k made from wood but it looks really screwed) and the officier has a p38 w/holster. So theres my costume update, oh, I picked up 3 haversacks from the surplus store for 15 bucks a piece. You'll see'em il the lost sergeant 3 which I will have up tommorow.

Special Welcome to Col. sahb

Anyways monkeys, its 1:30 so I better be getting some sleep.
l8ter.
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Very Cool.

Please send many pictures!!! :D

My Uniform update...... Got a Fibreglass German helmet??

(1040th Post on This Thread!)
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

lukeprausnitz wrote: gyro, what is that black patch above the person in your avatar's head?
A Hat.

As for our costumes, we probably spent a little over $350 on all the costumes. I wish I could spend more to get it all accurate, but money equals stuff and stuff is like work and I'm all not able to work cause school is in the way and yes... buwhahahah! :o
@seanbagley
bad_karma24

Post by bad_karma24 »

The Winter War is definetely one of the greatest war films ever made. Das Boot too.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

No. Six Words. One Smilie.

Saints and Soldiers

Saving Private Ryan

:D
bad_karma24

Post by bad_karma24 »

Watched SPR the other night. Got a lot of problems, but I still enjoy it. Definately changed the look people have on history.

Band of Brothers was excellent, thought it was a mini-series. But so was Das Boot, but whatever.

I guess if I had to choose, I'd pick Das Boot. Probably the most realistic war film/mini-series ever made. Not just in terms of uniforms/settings, but also in the men themselves. Vets from both sides have commended Peterson on his accomplishment.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Das Boot was cool, the only thing I didnt really like was the music.... I mean, it was like Techno music, All the effects were superb though, on par with today's... Mainly because they used real U-boats, no models or CG (except underwater).
bad_karma24

Post by bad_karma24 »

Hehe... I actually liked the music. Then again, I like 80s music in general (I'm weird like that).

Most of the boat shots were models, they had a 35 foot version that could sail in the ocean. Their full size replica was just an empty shell with an engine, and it cracked in rough weather and was used for shots of the sub at dock or standing still in the water.

No CG though, thank God.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Gyro, I liked the bit at the end when they were diguised as the Kraut. The shootouts were very good too!
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

das boot is german for the boat
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
Col.Sahb

Post by Col.Sahb »

I see we have a new WWII guy here, Col. Sahb. Welcome.
Special Welcome to Col. sahb
Thnx for the warm welcome guys :)

I think SPR is awesome when you've only seen it a couple of times, but any more than watching it 5 times, it gets really bad to watch.

BOB is a superb mini-series. Even when they were using the rubber gun props, their CG was excellent.

I'm going to try and model a muzzle flash animation in 3dsmax. Does anyone know if this will work? Has anyone tryed it before?

Cheers,

Sahb.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

(Sorry about the double-post in advance :D )

Finally got some location pics up! :)

It's at Newport Lakes, In Melbourne that is! :D
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Stone wall location looks good
Sigs suck a**.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Well, it looks like it's as about as "Normandy-ish" as you can get in Australia.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I'm part German too, and I say kraut all the time... And yeah, I think that the scenery looks pretty good for Normandy, considering you're in Australia.
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

I most certainly will! I'm uploading a 165MB 2min flick on Epsilons server onto my website thats filmed there! :D
(sorry dial-up users - i will make a smaller one soon :) )