Miniatures

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

thats really cool! could you explain how you did it? Id like to make some parts rain but im not sure how to achive this effect for a minituere let only real people!(unless of course with real people its real rain)
Sigs suck a**.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Did you mean letting water run down a wall and aiming your shots? anyone else have ideas on this?
Sigs suck a**.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

It sounds like you guys have a fair bit of experience in compressed air. Any idea how much pressure (in psi please) it would take to blast shreds of newspaper about half a meter into the air?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Well, somewhere between 100-200 PSI should do the trick. The higher, the better. However, make sure your hoses and equipment is designed to hold large pressures, otherwise they probably will explode on you.
Ivan Speilberg

Post by Ivan Speilberg »

happened to me once!! be carefull to not overload your hoses. DON'T point it to anybody's face!!!!
Creeper

Post by Creeper »

i have a pretty good tip for large crowd scenes, it aint minitures exactly but still its worth knowing: you get lots and lots of matches and paint the heads different and then stand them all together upright with the coloured heads atthe top and from a distance on camera it looks like a large crowd!! (to a certain extent, if u have any computer effects available you would want to use a little swaying motion of blur or something to make it look better) apparently this is the technique george lucas used on the crowd scenes in star wars episode 1
It all starts as a dream.
lukeprausnitz
Posting Freak
Posting Freak
Location: London, Engalnd, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by lukeprausnitz »

i have a giod idea for rain: get a garden sprinkler and use that to mimic rain on a model town
I would never join a club that would have me as a member
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

I3lade203 wrote:thats really cool! could you explain how you did it? Id like to make some parts rain but im not sure how to achive this effect for a minituere let only real people!(unless of course with real people its real rain)
Yeah I can explain it. Sorry I haven't checked up on this thread for a while.First of all I made a hilly swamp-like forest and I mainly used "flock" from warhammer stores and railroad model shops. I sprayed the water down at the end of the model with a mist hose and positioned the camara at the bottom of the set. The focus was set at a nearby tree so there was no telling that it was a model. I used a strobe light. One that has variosly flashing speeds and flashed it as if it was lightning. Hope this helps you. If your still building it.
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Haha clever, kind of old yes, back then I wasn't sure how to do much of the simpliest of physicall effects, as now I know a lot more about it.. a tip for anyone who wants to do fake rain.. mix it with milk.. profesinals use this tequnique to make the water more visibale on film..
Sigs suck a**.