Military March

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

stickmurder30

Military March

Post by stickmurder30 »

I need some footage of (a) military march(s) to create an intro in a upcoming movie we ( me and axel rose ) are working on. I'm not going to explain you what i'm gonna do with it 'coz we want to keep it secret for now :?

so if you guys know where I could find some footage of a military march, it would be great. Any comments or ideas are welcome. thanks
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

CNN.com, with a news story covering North Korea or something. I really don't know this is just a shot in the dark.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Record some stuff from the history channel
Sigs suck a**.
stickmurder30

re

Post by stickmurder30 »

does anybody of you know any movie in which I can find some ?

btw, UFProductions, I cant find anything on cnn :( if you know the exact URL please send it to me, it would be appreciated !

thanks
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I was just making a reference to a possible place you might find footage. I saw a military parade on CNN.com a while ago (A year back or so), but I've got no idea if it is still there. Just try Google, typing military march, military parade, etc...
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I would use the history channel if I were you
Sigs suck a**.
xbreaka420

Post by xbreaka420 »

ye could come to my civil air patrol drill competition, you would get some good footage there, ye cant tell the difference between us and the air forces drill team lol
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Like I3lade203 says, taping something off The History Channel is probably your most reliable bet for reasonable quality footage. Anything free off the internet will probably be shitty.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

yeah go ahead and steal someones work thats always a good idea... look if you need footage to use in your film you will either need to film it yourself or pay for it you cant just steal it off tv they have laws for that youy know
Axel.J.Rose

Post by Axel.J.Rose »

It's kinda tough to film Soviet-era military parades in Moscow nowadays, same goes for North Korea and China, where I'd probably end up being executed by the government for spying. I don't know for the States but here in Canada the military stopped parading in the streets after WWII, making it tougher again to get material. And concerning money, sure we can find a good 5 bucks for some footage, but that's it.
And live from Downtown L'Ancienne-Lorette, Axel J. Rose
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Isn't film reel footage from WWII of Nazi marches and such basically public property now? I mean, I've seen the same footage in dozens of shows, I doubt anyone owns the rights to it.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
stickmurder30

re

Post by stickmurder30 »

insert_coin wrote:yeah go ahead and steal someones work thats always a good idea... look if you need footage to use in your film you will either need to film it yourself or pay for it you cant just steal it off tv they have laws for that youy know
look, i'm not a 40 years old filmmaker, i'm not rich to go and film some footage in china or wherever you want, and my movie will not even be showed in public, so please don't come up to me with legal stuff and all that s***, thank you.

Axel contacted the chineese army and got some exclusive footage and it fits exactly our needs. If any of you still can come up with other sources, we still can acept some extra footage.

thanks
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

look, i'm not a 40 years old filmmaker, i'm not rich to go and film some footage in china or wherever you want, and my movie will not even be showed in public, so please don't come up to me with legal stuff and all that s***, thank you.
I was gonna say the same thing, calm down it's not some high buget film thats gonna be in theaters
Sigs suck a**.