New Camcorder

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

New Camcorder

Post by slimdog55 »

I need a new camcorder. I went to Wal-Mart today and looked at the camcorder section and saw a Sony DCR-HC20. It looked good. But it was a touch screen LCD type. A let down. And I noticed that if you want to do the settings maunally, you have to open up the menu, and it's not worth $499.99. So I looked at the Canon Elura 60. $599.99. I looked better. Don't think it had a touch screen LCD. That's good. But it also doesn't have a Microphone Input. Now that really sucks. Anybody know of a cheap($500-$700) camcorder that has good low light performance, good picture quility, a microphone input, and 16x9 widescreen mode?
xbreaka420

Post by xbreaka420 »

hmm, maybe a canon zr60 and if your willing to spend like exactly 700$ get the panasopnic gsl-120 i dont know if i got the code right, its 3ccd which is majoe plus and it has mic imputes and all those other bells and whistles
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

:D The Panasonic PV-DS120 looks like what I want. 3CCD's (1/6"in, 460K x 3CCD), Cinema Mode (16x9 Widescreen), it has an external microphone input jack ( :D ), and a headphone jack to monitor the audio. For $700.00, that's not bad. I think the microphone input jack is 3.5mm jack. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Now, I got to work to get some money!
xbreaka420

Post by xbreaka420 »

the only reason i didn't get it was one i didn't have the money and two its about the size of a ps2 controller,
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

LOL! You didn't get it because it's almost the size of a PS2 controller. What's wrong with the camcorder being small?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

You will get shakiness, as long as any part of your body is in contact with the camera, thats all.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

But it's going to be on a tripod most of the time anyway.
bangoker

Post by bangoker »

i just got the camera yesterday!

it is really cool! although I havnt explore it that much like to really recommend it, cause i havn't had a chance to use it yet ! :P

i also bought a wide lense adapter and a sony mic :) im happy!
Last edited by bangoker on Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
edinc90

Post by edinc90 »

That is the same setup I have, only with a PV-GS70 camcorder. It was replaced by the GS200 so I got it for 1/2 price!
My website: www.edcarlson.tk