What is your ideal Star Wars Fan film?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

What is your ideal Star Wars Fan film?

Post by foxwood »

The title says it all what would you love to see in a fan film, what would be the idea that you would follow, what effects events charators, etc would you love to see. Basicly just rant about the state of SW fan films and how you could make one better, or not, you know.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I'd love to stop seeing Fan Films. I wish they would fall off the face of the earth, and never return. The ideal fan film would be one that doesn't exist.

Fan Films don't really show any ingenuity. Some may argue that it takes creativity to take an idea and expand on it, but I don't really agree.

I will admit that there are about five or so (probably less) Fan Films that I actually enjoyed. But seeing it made me wish they would do original ideas, and make their own creations (rather than "expand" on someone else's).

Rant finished, yet could continue if need be.
Erm... yeah...
Faldor

Post by Faldor »

*holds up script he's been working on for months*

this one
"I know you're gonna be right, and you haven't even said anything yet! Oh there you go...I was too slow with this reply, but I still agree with you" - Ornsack
Grant

Post by Grant »

it has to be some new look at the genre
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Grant wrote:it has to be some new look at the genre
But what is that new look at the genre? Thats the real question isn't it.

My answer.....An R rated Star Wars Flick, or at lest a PG-13.
Grant

Post by Grant »

lol maybe a Tarantino ultra violent flick. Remember reading about this Jedi master that took on Vader, The Emperor and 10 Royal Guards and nearly won! Will try to find his name again
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Grant wrote:lol maybe a Tarantino ultra violent flick. Remember reading about this Jedi master that took on Vader, The Emperor and 10 Royal Guards and nearly won! Will try to find his name again
Well the one that I am working on would defently not fall onto the clean style of star Wars, mostly for violance, and if I can work it in some sex just for the hell of it, but mostly dark violance.
John Groshko
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by John Groshko »

I would like to see one that has some really astonishing VisualFX's. I'm talking "Holly shi*t! How the hell did they do that?!" type stuff.
My films;

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=groshko
Grant

Post by Grant »

this Jedi master was hand to hand only , will look in my records this arvo for you, he badly injured Vader
Faldor

Post by Faldor »

Kennith Kenobi? ;)
"I know you're gonna be right, and you haven't even said anything yet! Oh there you go...I was too slow with this reply, but I still agree with you" - Ornsack
Grant

Post by Grant »

Watched the very old spoof "Hardware Wars" the other day, maybe the first fan film ever made?
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I want to see a Fanfilm with a fully thought threw, original story, AND NO JEDI!
@seanbagley
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

So we are in agreement that Jedi are defently something that people are getting sick of.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Yeah, I agree with Gyro, no jedi. I wanna see something from the Empire's point of view, the view of a common stormtrooper who has to do things he mignt not agree with

Sorta like Germans in WWII. That would be an interesting movie.
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

how about a smugglers story
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
xbreaka420

Post by xbreaka420 »

how about the mole people attack the empire, or a episode based oln the wookies civilization, and ya jedis annoy the s*** outa me
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

almost one hundred percent of fan films suck. especially the matrix and star wars ones. i can think of 3 fan films that i liked. i think that amateur aspiring to make careers out of film making especially should steer away from fan films because no one wants to hire a director, screenwriter, etc that uses other people's ideas.

and to answer your question my favorite star wars fan film is definitely Dualty. It is also the only star wars fan film the i have ever liked.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I'll see any fan film that isn't Star Wars or Matrix. I'm sick of that fanboy/geek-trying-to-be-a-major-hardass bullshit. Break out of the mold and do something like an Indiana Jones fan film. But for chrissakes, just please stop it with the star wars fan film cr**.
John Groshko
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by John Groshko »

Sorta like Germans in WWII. That would be an interesting movie.
Ever hear of the movie DasBoot?

Anyway back on topic; I really like DeadLogic's idea about about showing a movie from a Stromtropper's point of view. It would make for a very interesting movie with out having any of that Jedi BS in it.
My films;

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=groshko
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

Like Stormtrooper bob?
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
Grant

Post by Grant »

just found that info on that Jedi Master

The order of Aiki Jedi order was founded a millennium ago, by Morihei Ushiba, a Jedi knight from a near-human, very long-lived race (though some historians attribute his long age to his very strong bond with the Force, and others dismiss his existence entirely). Ushiba, who was then 120 years old, was a Jedi who was fascinated with martial arts of various races. During his training at the Jedi Academy, he became a Warrior Jedi, but during his voyages through the galaxy he encountered a Shimuran Monk. Though he did not agree with Shimura's views on technology, he was fascinated with Ka. After studying Shimuran philosophy, he started his own school, where he taught the path of Aiki - the way of perfecting mind through the perfection of the body. His skills in both armed and unarmed combat were legendary, but since he started the Aiki Order, he never killed anyone - until his last fight. The Monastery of Aiki - as his school was named - was supposedly located on a moon in a system somewhere in the Core Words. However, nobody was able to find it, and some historians think that Morihei's school might have been located on a ship. The truth is that the moon was in reality a rouge asteroid, fitted with subspace beacons and sublight drives used to direct it's trajectory. There is a rumor that somebody in the Outer Rim territories has found a transceiver tuned to receive signals from Monastery's beacon... Morihei died at the age of 1,120 in his final fight. Ushiba and his lightbo (lightstaff) against Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine and 10 Dark Side Adepts. Ushiba maimed Darth, wounded Emperor Palpatine and killed all the Dark Side Adepts, but was finally killed by the Emperor's Force Lighting and a final stroke from Lord Vader’s lightsaber. Some also say that he died to allow his son to escape
El Brenty

Re: What is your ideal Star Wars Fan film?

Post by El Brenty »

foxwood wrote:The title says it all what would you love to see in a fan film, what would be the idea that you would follow, what effects events charators, etc would you love to see. Basicly just rant about the state of SW fan films and how you could make one better, or not, you know.
Mine has to be Retribution, but it needs better work on the light-sabres!
Moderating behind the bushes!
levertuning

Post by levertuning »

The one starwars fan film I really enjoyed is called TROOPS.
Its a parody on the COPS show.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: What is your ideal Star Wars Fan film?

Post by foxwood »

CamClub wrote:
foxwood wrote:The title says it all what would you love to see in a fan film, what would be the idea that you would follow, what effects events charators, etc would you love to see. Basicly just rant about the state of SW fan films and how you could make one better, or not, you know.
Mine has to be Retribution, but it needs better work on the light-sabres!
Lol

Speeking of troops that is kind of told from the point of view of a storm trooper, even though it is a parody of cops. As fun as the serious fan films can be, the perodies are my favorate, becuause they are sometimes really funny, some of my favorate.

Figure Club (Think fight club only its a group of guys with action figures, really funny)
Pink 5 (A vally girl flying an X-wing on the death star run, won a George lucus picks awaord)
Jar Jars walking papers, (A little animation where lucus fires Jar Jar.)
And then some of the comertiols like the stormtrooper recutment ads, "An Impire of One" or the political ads those as well are funny.

On the side of serious fan films only one or two were any good, The Art of the Saber was good, simply because the saber work was exelent, other then that they are mainly just costumes and bad acting.

I think you can have creativity working off of somebodies ideas, its just much harder, and shows some creativity there. my resion for doing a fan film is simpley as an homage, and to try and prove that I can do better then all the people out there, and do it with as few CG effects as possable, an old school Star Wars flick. And the best thing about SW fanfilms is that you will never get sued making one, unlike some franchieses, (LOTR comes to mind).

I think that you can also use them to take an idea that would have been desent but not watched, and make it more downloadable. I mean I could have made Retribution as a Fan film, stuck it on TFN and people probably would have downloaded it more then they ever did with it as a "orignal" idea.
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

dont use forest areas either, every fanfilm takes place in a forest. try other places.
[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]