Very long script for your enjoyment

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

budgetguy

Very long script for your enjoyment

Post by budgetguy »

Ok, here is version 5 of my modern-fantasy-post apocalypse movie. i think i posted version two ages ago, this one if much better, but about 30 pages long so don't blame me if you waste half your day reading something you don't even like!

Red Earth

Prologue: in the 22nd century, mankind declared peace on earth and destroyed the majority of its weapons. Shortly after, a group of demons created a portal to earth and took an army of zombies there to help them conquer the planet. They ordered the humans to leave the planet and never return. A selection of first class families and soldiers were able to leave the planet and go to a colony the humans had made on mars, while the rest of the humans were left on earth to perish. Over the next 50 years people on earth died and those in space attempted to survive. During that time a military force was trained on mars to go back to earth and fight.......

Characters:

Andrew: Born on mars 30 years after the demon invasion. He was selected from a group of embryos that were engineered be very strong and decisive. He was trained from birth to be a soldier by his commander. He has never been shown any love or affection, and is not allowed to show any emotion. Andrew will follow his commands until death, without question.

Alex: Born on mars 30 years after the demon invasion. He was selected from a group of embryos that were engineered be very strong and decisive. He was trained from birth to be a soldier by his commander. He has never been shown any love or affection, and is not allowed to show any emotion. Secretly Alex questions his commander, and is highly suspicious. He is also emotional deep down, but it will take a lot to get that emotion out.

Matt: Born on mars 30 years after the demon invasion. He was selected from a group of embryos that were engineered be very strong and decisive. He was trained from birth to be a soldier by his commander. He has never been shown any love or affection, and is not allowed to show any emotion. During his training, he accidentally killed a girl he was sparring with, and after that day he has hated his commander, and doesn’t trust his mission anymore. He is emotional, and knows Alex has the ability to show emotions too.

Ben: Born on mars 30 years after the demon invasion. He was selected from a group of embryos that were engineered be very strong and decisive. He was trained from birth to be a soldier by his commander. He has never been shown any love or affection, and is not allowed to show any emotion. Ben has been trained to be a leader to the Andrew, Alex and Matt. He trusts his commander, but is not as dedicated to the mission as Andrew.

Commander: Born in Hong Kong. He was 14 when the demons first invaded, and joined the army to attempt to fight the demons. After winning a small victory against a legion of zombies, he was promoted, and given the opportunity to go into space with the other refugees. Once on mars he was put in charge of training an army from birth, teaching them everything he knew about martial arts and battle tactics. He never allowed his soldiers to see his emotions, as he thought these would weaken them. He has a dark secret.

Rob: Was born in a military base, about 30 years after the demon invasion. He has never seen the world outside the base, and so has spent his whole life with the same people in the same place. Like the other people in the base, he has to live on the supplies that are quickly running out. His parents were killed attempting an attack on the demon base. He has become bitter and finds it hard to trust people. He also smokes.

Steph: Was born in a military base, about 30 years after the demon invasion. she has never seen the world outside the base, and so has spent her whole life with the same people in the same place. Like the other people in the base, she has to live on the supplies that are quickly running out. Her parents were killed attempting an attack on the demon base. She finds life hard in the bunker, and really wants to find love, but there are no boys that she likes. Steph is quite weak and is often changing her mind about things. She can often go from nice to very selfish and uncaring.

Kirsty: Was born in a military base, about 30 years after the demon invasion. she has never seen the world outside the base, and so has spent her whole life with the same people in the same place. Like the other people in the base, she has to live on the supplies that are quickly running out. Her parents were killed attempting an attack on the demon base. She finds life hard in the bunker, and really wants to find love, but there are no boys that she likes. Kirsty is stronger than Steph, she is able to put other before herself, but still needs help to survive in the bunker.

Iain: Was born in a military base, about 30 years after the demon invasion. He has never seen the world outside the base, and so has spent his whole life with the same people in the same place. Like the other people in the base, he has to live on the supplies that are quickly running out. His parents were killed attempting an attack on the demon base. He is a generally good guy, with a lot of confidence in himself.

Geoffrey: Was born in a military base, about 30 years after the demon invasion. He has never seen the world outside the base, and so has spent his whole life with the same people in the same place. Like the other people in the base, he has to live on the supplies that are quickly running out. His parents were killed attempting an attack on the demon base. He has always been angry since his parent’s death. Him and a group of people on the base have almost formed a gang with people who are also angry. He is angry at anyone that causes more death. He fancies Steph, but knows she doesn’t like him back. This makes him even angrier, and he is angry with anyone who likes Steph.

Chris: Was born in a military base, about 30 years after the demon invasion. He has never seen the world outside the base, and so has spent his whole life with the same people in the same place. Like the other people in the base, he has to live on the supplies that are quickly running out. His parents were killed attempting an attack on the demon base. Since then he has been training himself to fight the demons. Since then he started learning the ways of the Samurai. He is a loner, but is also kind towards others and always puts them before himself. When the survivors realised they were running out of food, Chris was part of an expedition to retrieve some from the city. They were ambushed by zombies, and only Chris made it out alive.

Script:
An armada of spaceships is seen heading toward earth. The earth is covered in a red cloud. The ships fly into the cloud and flashes of lightening are seen. Only one ship emerges, it crashes into the top of a skyscraper in Hong Kong city, the tower explodes and ship smashes into the ground, making a crater. The city is deserted and in ruins. Smoke rises from the crater. A hand appears and grabs the edges of the crater, and Alex pulls himself up. The other 3 soldiers pull themselves out. They check themselves for damage.

MATT
That went well!

BEN
Try to establish contact with the others, Andrew, Alex, secure our position

Sketching noises can be heard. Andrew runs around to check the location is secure. The characters draw their weapons. An army of zombies surrounds them from all sides, and a huge fight begins. The zombies lose.

The characters check their radio equipment, which is damaged beyond use. They proceed to examine maps in their pockets, which have several main locations.

They walk through the city to the mountains, and on top of a hill they discover another downed spacecraft. It is still boiling hot. They come to the conclusion that they are the only soldiers left alive.

ANDREW
Ben, there’s meant to be 100 of us; we can’t make it to these points before the zero hour.

BEN
7 locations, we’ll split up

MATT
I need time to try and repair the commlink. If I can’t I’ll demolish the evidence.

BEN
Ok, meanwhile well head to our locations, and meet afterwards at point aau871, Saturday.

In space, a huge spaceship is seen orbiting mars. Inside the captain and crew are talking.

Commander
Still no contact

Man #1
Nothing

Lady #1
Nothing yet

Commander
Hmmm, give it another hour

Man #2
It’s not looking promising. We’ll have to contact colony control if they are to use the zero hour proposal

Commander
Not yet!!! That is a plan b, and a plan b that will never happen because my men will not fail!

Man #2
I got orders

The commander reaches his hand into his pocket and allows the man to see his gun. The man backs off.

Meanwhile on Earth, Alex heads to a city that has been turned on its side, he swings down power lines to reach the base, and gets into a fight with zombies

matt remains at the wreck site, where another army of zombies chase him. He sets off a mine to kill them all

Andrew reaches the ocean and travels by a jet ski to the deep, a giant octopus attacks him, but he kills it

Ben walks around in the snow, and finds blood stains on the ground

They all meet up again in a field, there are wild horses living nearby. Matt is the last to join the group.

Ben
I guess you found nothing also?

Matt
Nothing, commander’s info is dated. It looked like something had lived there, but not recently.

Ben
This is annoying. On the bright side I managed to find somewhere to restock our supplies and find some old maps, they may assist us in locating the targets.

Alex
I need a new hood, and some food.

Matt
I second the food idea

Ben
And you Andrew?

Andrew
A new pair of socks is all.

They follow the trail to an old military base.
They stand outside and observe the area for a while, then go and attempt to enter. Ben says that there may be people inside, as he had seen the blood earlier.
A window above the large door opens and a mine is dropped out.

Ben
Cover!!!

Andrew kicks the mine into the tree were it explodes, they get into defensive positions.

Andrew
Ben, was that what I thought I saw?

A person looks out of the window and realises they are humans not zombies.

Person
Holy……! You guys wait right there, I’ll open the blast doors.

The soldiers walk through the door into a dark corridor, and layer after layer of doors open for them. There are people looking at them, wondering who they are. A group of people, mainly teenagers and some adults, come up at ask what they are doing there.

Rob
Hey, I’m Rob

BEN
I am Ben, lead to this group. They are Matt, Alex and Andrew. We’d appreciate it if you’d lend us some supplies.

ROB
YE-eh… Look we don’t exactly get visitors everyday, so I’d like to know just where you come from?

BEN
IMC 1st structure. We arrived here last week.

Rob
IMC?

An adult walks up to them

ADULT
International mars colony? My God! So there are still people in the stars?

A group of girls see the soldiers and talk about them

Girl #1
Oh my God, people from the outside!

Girl #2
Have you ever seen anyone that wasn’t born here?

Girl #3
I dunno but look at them, they aren’t like anyone around here.

Girl #4
I think they look kinda cute, let’s hope they have personality to match

Andrew walks up to them, the girls shut up and act like they hadn’t been talking about them

Andrew
I need food and water, and some socks!

CUT TO CORRIDOR
People named Geoff, Donnelly, Dexter, Nick and Richard and crowded around a boy named William

Geoff
…..And if I ever see you even looking at Steph again I guarantee you’ll regret it

William
For God’s sake Geoffrey, you can’t keep bossing everyone because of your obsession with a girl who doesn’t even like you. And it’s no surprise; you stink! You’ve worn that same shirt every day, maybe you should try washing it, or better yet get a new one, one that’s YOUR size!

Richard (To Nick)
Now he’s in for it

Geoff punches William to the floor and bends down to him

Geoff
This shirt was the last Christmas present I got from my parents, so you’d better show some respect!

Donnelly (to Nick, Richard and Dexter)
Maybe we should help Will
Dexter
Sure, after you Donnelly

Geoff looks up to see the 4 soldiers heading down the corridor

Geoff (thinking to himself)
Who the hell…

CUT TO SPACESHIP

COMMANDER
ANYTHING YET?

WORKER
Nothing

COMMANDER
I need you to reset our transmission we are sending to Earth. All the targets are now in one single location, at these co-ordinates.

WORKER
I’ll try. Do you mind if I ask where you obtained that info?

COMMANDER
Yes I do mind………make sure no one else knows what I just told you.

CUT TO EARTH

Ben
We are soldiers from the planet mars. We have come here to find and assassinate the leaders of the armies out there. In time we will find them and restore order to the world.

Chris walks in

Chris
Hmmm, that’s some plan. I think we can help you out after all.

The soldiers begin to listen to Chris, the Alex realises Matt is gone

Alex
Where’s Matt?

CUT TO MATT

Matt has spotted a group of girls talking, and is watching them. He is especially watching a girl named Steph.
A young girl walks up to Matt.

Girl
Excuse me sir, are you from outer space?

Matt
Yes I am

Girl
I always wanted to go to the other planets; I hear you can go outside there!

Matt is shocked to hear the answer, and then smiles

Matt
We’ll to be honest, i've only been here an hour, and I think it’s the greatest place ever!

The girl smiles and skips off. Matt looks round the corner for the girls but they have walked away.

CHRIS
A while ago our parents realised that our supplies would have to run out very soon. Despite there efforts to ration it weren’t working. People decided it was too risky to crops in field that could be seen from miles away, so instead they organised a group to travel into the city and grab what supplies they could. They were the first people to enter the city in 50 years. None returned. Later the adults decided it was better to go out in flames than to starve to death, and so, leaving us behind, they armed themselves and marched into the enemy battlefields.

Andrew’s attention is drawn when he mentions the battlefields

CHRIS
They hoped for a miracle, that they could win the war themselves. Of course with no training and so few numbers…well what do you expect?

BEN
So how comes-

ANDREW
WHERE ARE THE ENEMY BATTLEGROUNDS?

Ben goes to inspect to storage area, he notices that they are low on food. They have lots of gun. One of the people, rob, explains that before the demons arrived the humans had declared world peace and destroyed all their weapons. The demons saw this as their chance to strike, and the humans were defenceless. They had to use antique guns as models to rebuild their weapons, but they were too late. Most of the surplus guns were most to this base, just before the humans lost the battle.
Later Ben finds Chris
BEN
I saw blood, a few miles outside the base; I couldn’t have been there for long.

CHRIS
It’s still there huh? That would be mine. You know what I said about the adults raiding the city for food? Well as a last attempt we tried it again a month ago. This time I was with them. I was also the only one to make it out alive

BEN
How is that you outlived all the others?

CHRIS
Well like everything its mainly luck, but then again I’d been spending all my life training for that moment, so I’d like to think that had something to do with my surviving?

BEN
Training?

CHRIS
Of course. When you are raised like this, under constant threat, a threat that killed off your parents when you were just a child, you can’t just sit back. Me, and many others, have been preparing for a chance at some payback……..and that’s what they got in the city

flashback to Chris slicing up zombies with his sword

normal time. Ben has an idea after listening to what Chris has said.

BEN
You survived an encounter with the creatures? I’m amazed you survived.

CHRIS
I taught myself the way of the sword.

Andrew picks up a piece of pipe and lunges at Chris with it

ANDREW
We’ll see!

Andrew makes several attacks but Chris blocks them all, Andrew next attack hits Chris and knocks him over.

ANDREW
Not as good as us, but still exceptional.

BEN
I bet you’d come in handy in a battle.

NIGHT TIME

Matt is trying to sleep. He dreams about his training on mars, where he was forced to fight against one of his fellow soldiers to test their skill. The other soldier was girl, who looked similar to Steph. At the start of the sword fight it looked like she was winning, then at the very end Matt used all his anger and won the fight, but he went to far and kill the girl. Matt then wakes up from the dream in shock.

CUT TO RADIO ROOM

Matt goes to look at there radio equipment. he is scanning the frequencies and hears a voice

MAN ON RADIO
Well it’s a beautiful day outside as usual, red clouds and white snow. The temperature is 3*c and the sun will set at 3:45pm. Now back to our music

RICHARD
That’s crazy Dave, he’s been doing his show all by himself for 50 years. No one knows where he is, maybe in the city

NICK
He’s always given us hope of finding someone else out there.

MATT
Hmmmm, this equipment isn’t enough

RICHARD
I guessed that

Matt listens to the music

MATT
Not bad

Later Alex and matt are chatting.

MATT
Have you heard what Andrew’s planning?

ALEX
I can guess

MATT
And…….? Well what do you think about it?

ALEX
Its not my call. But ben’ll agree and I’ll have to follow him

MATT
This is insane, they are not part of the mission. Andrew doesn’t care about anyone else here.

ALEX
And you do? You’re not trained to care (sarcasm)

MATT
Don’t give me that. I know you despise our commander as much as I do

ALEX
Hey, careful with what you say

MATT
We aren’t on mars anymore; just admit it’s suspicious, how he knows the things he does.

ALEX
Yeah, sometimes this stuff just doesn’t add up

MATT
so many people have already died for this mission, I don’t wanna see these die too.

ALEX
You’re talking about that girl aren’t you?

MATT
Steph? I guess so, have you ever seen a girl like her?

Alex
You two have been spending a lot of time together. Why?

MATT
It’s a strange feeling, like I can’t bear not to see her. You wouldn’t understand

ALEX
Either way don’t get to attached, you’ll have to leave here soon enough. If you really want the best for her then you’ll join the fight.

MATT
Don’t try to force me into this sick game, I’m not here to see cannon fodder get slaughtered on the battlefield

ALEX
You’ve seen these people. The things they know, what they can do? If they could get out of here they could survive forever outside. But leave them waiting here and everything they have worked for will be wasted in a month. They want this, and my mission tells me to do it. I may not agree with the master but this is a damn good cause, and at the very least it’ll be a damn good way to die.

The small group of adults sit around a desk.

ADULT
As you know, we have some guests. More kids, just what we need. It seems our friends in space are still with us, this can only be good news

ADULT
They have soldiers, true. But unless they all arrive here tomorrow I’m afraid it will make no difference for us.

ADULT
Do you want to know what I’ve heard? That these children want to lead our boys into the battlefield. There is no chance of them winning, just repeating the fate of their parents. And yet strangely I have to agree with them, to die for this fight is better than starving.

Alex is washing his face in front of a mirror in the shower rooms. Someone is using the shower behind him. The shower curtains open, and Alex, looking in the mirror, sees the reflection of a naked woman! The woman screams!

KIRSTY
AAAAAAHHHH! PERVERT THIS IS THE LADIES SHOWERS!

ALEX
I didn’t know, there was no sign

KIRSTY
Of course not, it rotted away after all these years. Hmmm, sorry, I forget you’re new here

ALEX
That’s ok. By the way you’re still naked!

afterwards Ben goes to inspect to storage area, he notices that they are low on food.

BEN:
What do you do up here

ROB:
Just getting some fresh air

Ben looks around

ROB:
I heard a lot of bullshit back there, is your man for real?

BEN:
He’s never been wrong, he’s not trained to be…………..I can tell your not enthusiastic about this idea. We’re not making anyone fight who doesn’t want to.

ROB:
Heh, its not that, you’re not the only one who’s been training all his life for this battle .ill fight for revenge, but our fate will be no different to those before us.

BEN:
What was their battle plan?

ROB (ANGRILY)
I don’t know!!! God why ask such a useless question (pause) sorry, didn’t mean to have a go

Rob pulls out a cigarette and begins smoking, bens looks at him wondering.

ROB:
Hehe, you’ve never seen one of these? It’s to relieve stress

Rob hands Ben a cigarette

Ben breaths and coughs out smoke.

ROB:
Good aint it. They stock up an unlimited amount supply of cigarettes, and leave space for 30 years worth of food. What logic! This is all we got anymore.

BEN:
After we win you’ll have the earth back

ROB:
it takes more than guns to win. we got all the guns in the world and that weren’t enough last time.

BEN:
so what do you need?

ROB
STRENGTH

rob kicks a small tree and breaks it in half. Ben steps up and kicks an old piece of metal and smashes that in half. rob looks in shock.

ROB:
WHOA, WE’RE GUNNA WIN

CUT TO SUNSET
Alex is standing on the mountain outside the bunker, looking at the sunset. The bunker door opens behind him and Kirsty walks out.

KIRSTY
Oh hey, it’s you from the showers!

ALEX
………

KIRSTY
Hmmmm, heh, so I guess I’m not the only person who likes the sunset anymore! It’s worth sneaking out to see it, despite the risk.

ALEX
I’d never seen a sunset before I came here

KIRSTY
You don’t have sunsets on Mars?

ALEX
We do, but we’ve never had a reason to look at them. When we were awake we trained, and that was it.

KIRSTY
That’s so sad……so why the sudden desire to see one now?

CUT TO WEAPONS ROOM. IT IS TIME FOR THE SOLDIERS TO GO.

The survivors and soldiers form an army, and are seen arming themselves with the weapons.

Dexter
No guns Chris?

CHRIS
All I need is these two(points to swords)

A group of people are seen having drinks.

Donnelly
I propose a toast, to our impending victory!

Nick throws his drink over Donnelly

Donnelly
Cheers!!

One of the people mentions it will be a long journey to the enemy castle.

Matt sees Steph

MATT
Miss Stephanie?

STEPH
It’s okay Matt, I told you, just Steph!

Matt nodes, there is an awkward silence.

STEPH
So is it a long journey to your battlegrounds?
MATT
Well we are travelling on foot, add in the equipment weight, terrain factor……… sorry, We shouldn’t be gone is all.

STEPH
You know you’re not much like the other people you came here with, you’re also not like any other guy I’ve known.

MATT(Smiling)
That’s a good thing isn’t it?

Steph gives matt a look, then leans in to kiss him. it lasts a few seconds, then matt jerks back. he looks at Steph, then runs off. matt joins Alex as they, and their army, prepare to march into battle. as Alex is leaving he sees Kirsty watching them leave.

CUT TO DESERT.
The army is seen heading over a desert, walking over hills of sand. Ben is leading the group. He reaches the top of a hill and stops. He looks forward, no one else can see what he is looking at.

BEN
This was isn’t safe, we’ll go around.

He walks down and around the hill. The rest follow. The camera pans up to show what he had seen – and endless field of dead bodies stuck on spikes.

At sunrise, the light shines of a desert, and suddenly we see the army of people running towards the walls of the castle, the zombies see this and panic, but there are thousands of zombies ready to fight. The humans and zombies clash inside a pit of fog, no one can see more than few feet in front of them. William is firing dangerously into the fog, when a zombie appears from behind. It slashes him back and William falls over, then the zombie stabs him in the back. Meanwhile Alex and Andrew lead a group of people around the battle, so they can attack from the back. Andrew sprint through the fog, jumping over bodies of people and zombies, and quickly cutting down any zombies he sees, he continues to sprint. Ben and Matt are having problems when they run out of ammo, and have to use their guns as clubs. They seem to be losing the fight against the huge number of zombies. Andrew is still sprinting towards the walls, and jumps over another line of zombies. He reaches the wall and we see him jump. From the top of the wall we see a hand grab hold. We assume it’s Andrew, but as the person pulls himself up it is revealed that it is Alex. Alex manages to make it over the final wall and proceeds on his own. Sounds of the battle can be heard behind him.

Alex runs into the enemy castle, and finds a huge stairwell. This leads up for almost a mile, and leads into another, oddly shaped stairwell. He continues along these, almost out of breath, when he reaches what looks like a throne room. Inside is the Head Demon. Alex runs to slice the demons head off with his sword. The demon blocks and looks at Alex.

Demon
Dear child, you have no idea how long I’ve waited!

The two get into a sword fight. The Demon is impressed at Alex’s skill.

Demon
Impressive, how is it that a decaying species such as the human should spit out such a fine young warrior?

The two continue fighting

Demon
Hmmm? What’s the matter boy, can’t you fight and talk at the same time?

The two get into a sword lock

Alex
I have nothing to say to you, just a mission to see through!

Demon
Such anger for a child, how is that you’ve come to hate this person that you’ve never met?!

The fight continues. They move onto the balcony of the building, and fall off the side.
The fight continues in mid-air. Alex loses the fight and lands on another balcony further down. The demon decides not to finish off Alex. Another demon comes up the leader and asks what they are to do about the humans, as they have all retreated.

ANOTHER DEMON
Shall I finish him off?

DEMON
He fought well, leave him, I’ll enjoy getting a second chance to duel with him.

ANOTHER DEMON
And what about the other humans?

DEMONS
They fought well!

ANOTHER DEMON
WHAT? I CANT BELIEVE YOU’D LET THEM LIVE!

The main demon gets very angry

ANOTHER DEMON
Ugh! Sorry, sorry my lord

DEMON
Arghh! Hmmmm, no I’m sorry you are right, we will deal with them.

The demon walks into the castle dungeons, where one of the fighters, named lain, has been captured.

IAIN
YOU CAN TORTURE ME ALL YOU WANT BUT ILL NEVER TELL YOU WHERE OUR BASE IS

DEMON
Torture? How barbaric do you think I am?

The demon smiles, then punches lain in the stomach and grabs his face. He looks into Iain's eyes and laughs.

DEMON
that was just for fun

IAIN
Wanker

DEMON(TO A ZOMBIE):
YOU, BRING ME THAT FOUL OLD MAGGOT

The zombies walks of and brings back a crippled, skinny demon, shivering from the cold and wet.

DEMON
You know what I’m going to ask you

SKINNY DEMON
NEVER

the demon stamps on the skinny demons legs, then hold a knife up to its throat. the skinny demon nods, agreeing to do it.

he uses his power to make lain his servant.

IAIN
YES, MASTER

Alex is hurt but alive. He wakes up and brushes the blood off his head. He looks further down to see a stealth bomber, carrying a nuclear warhead. He sees a demon boarding the stealth bomber. He realises it is about to go and destroy the humans base. It begins to take off and Alex takes a step back. He pulls a grenade out of his pocket and throws it down into the landing pad. He then gets a run up and jumps after the bomber just as it takes off. As he falls he realises he is going to miss the bomber, so he pulls out a parachute from his suit and uses it to lasso the tail of the bomber. The landing blows up behind him and the bomber is in full flight, with Alex hanging on to the parachute behind. He climbs up it onto the plane and climbs insides. He kills the zombies inside and gets into a fight with the demon. They have punch up, and Alex begins to lose and is thrown to the floor of the plane. Suddenly the plane decompresses and the windows shatter, all the glass from the windows goes flying through the demon and kills him. The bomber is going down. So Alex jumps out the window, and grabs onto the parachute that is hooked to the plane. It is freed for the plane and Alex is left in midair with a tangled parachute. He untangles it and is left slowly gliding down. He has a chance to look at the plane falling. It travels to the horizon and disappears out of site. Suddenly a bright light is seen as the nuke detonates, the horizon explodes and the light blinds Alex, his parachute begins to burn. The scene ends.

The main demon sees the explosion from his castle, Iain walks unto him and says the explosion was nowhere near the base; he also calls the demon his master.

The main demon sees the explosion from his castle, lain walks up to him and shakes his head.

CUT TO MEDICAL BAY

Alex wakes up in the medical bay, covered in bandages

KIRSTY
HEY, WELCOME BACK

ALEX
AM I DEAD?

KIRSTY
NOT YET, YOU’RE LUCKY YOUR GUYS LIKE YOU, OUR MEN WANTED TO LEAVE YOU IN THE SAND

ALEX
I’M IN THE MEDICAL CENTRE?

KIRSTY IS SILENT. ALEX TRIES TO REMOVE THE BANDAGES COVERING HIS EYES.

KIRSTY
NO ALEX, LEAVE THEM ON

ALEX
……….

KIRSTY
IT MAY BE TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT, BUT YOUR EYES WERE DAMAGED BY THE BLAST, I DON’T THINK YOU’LL BE SEEING FOR A LONG TIME.

ALEX
I see……(Alex grins)

KIRSTY
Did you just say a joke?! (Kirsty laughs)

ALEX
Thank you for this

KIRSTY
Hey, I wanted to help, I wanted to help you.

Alex takes time to think about what she’s said, then changes the topic

ALEX
We didn’t win did we?

Everyone left is angry with the soldiers for getting their people killed for no reason. They take a lot of anger out on matt.

GEOFF
Murderer! How many people died today because of you? Scum!!

Matt remains silent, Geoff grabs him by the collar

GEOFF
You’d better something, and it’d better not be another ‘I’m sorry’

Geoff punches Matt in the face. Steph jumps in to break up the fight.

STEPH
Nothing good ever comes from you does it Geoff? Just go

Geoff and the others leave; Geoff gives on last angry look at Matt

MATT
Thanks Steph, I…

STEPH
Sorry, I only stepped in because I have sense enough destruction today to last me for a lifetime. The medical is bay is full of people who’ve been stabbed, had their arms cut off. Not to mention those who didn’t even make it back, so many……please tell me this isn’t all your fault? (silence)
I’m sorry Matt, I’ll need a little time

Matt goes to see Alex

MATT
It’s ok Alex, just me

ALEX
So you made it out too?

MATT
Never doubt me! I was trained by the invincible COMMANDER!!

ALEX
Hmmm, I’ve never heard you use sarcasm before

MATT
Just cause we trained to use it doesn’t mean we can’t. There is a lotta stuff I hadn’t done before we arrived here. So much we’d been missing.
In the end all that training counted for nothing, we lost. Ben and Andrew can do what they want, but this war is over for me.

ALEX
You can’t do that

MATT
Who can stop us?

Alex thinks

MATT
Join us Alex. Without your eyes you’re no good to them. If we can stay here on earth we can rebuild. Somewhere out there, there has to be more people, imagine the possibilities! We’ll figure out a way to keep to food coming that’s what we’re trained for! Things may not have turned out well here but there is a world of possibilities out there, we have our whole LIVES to live!

Meanwhile Andrew is in the communications room with Nick and Richard, when Geoff walks in
GEOFF
Look at you there, you make me sick

RICHARD
Dammit Geoff this isn’t the time!

NICK
HASN’T THIS DAY BEEN BAD ENOUGH?

GEOFF
How can you promise us victory then lead us to our ends? How can you have so many deaths on your conscience and not even show a sign of sorrow?

Andrew clenches his fist, then releases it again. He then notices an image of SETI in New Mexico stuck on the wall. Andrew points to the photo.

ANDREW
Where is that?

GEOFF
WHAT?!

Andrew runs up to Geoff and pins him up against the wall

ANDREW
WHERE IS IT?!

GEOFF
URH!! NEW MEXICO!!

Andrew releases Geoff and thinks.

ANDREW
New Mexico? It’s not over yet!

Suddenly sounds of screaming can be heard over the radio. Zombies have invaded Crazy Dave’s show and are killing him on air. Andrew and the others listen, shocked, and then the bases sirens begins sounding. Matt also hears the sirens and grabs his gun.

At the entrance to the base guards are gathered, watching, as the biggest army of zombies ever seen travels over the horizon at full speed. Andrew jumps up and throws an empty can of petrol to the floor, and pulls out a match. He throws it to the ground and a wall of flames rises where Andrew had emptied the can. The zombies run through the flames and catch on fire. As people begin firing wildly at the flaming zombies, Matt jumps through the door and begins shooting too. The flames die down and the true size of the army is seen. Matt, Andrew and some survivors shoot them, but realise it is useless. Some people beginning running inside, but Andrew is knocked over by the zombies. Matt saves him.

MATT
Get inside and get ready to close the doors, ill hold them for now.

Andrew runs inside and pushes some controls. He then runs into the elevator leading down to the bunker level. As he does so the next elevator opens next to him, and Steph runs out looking for Matt. She runs to the doors and sees Matt.

STEPH
MATT!

Matt looks, and just then a zombie stabs him in the back, Matt still manages to fight, but looks at Steph with a look that shows he is not going to make it. Steph looks back horrified. Suddenly Andrew runs in a heroically grabs Steph, dragging her back to the elevators as the doors close. Matt is left outside to fight. He tries his best and has his arm cut off. He manages to kill all the demons in on the entrance platform, and takes a moment to breath. He then looks over the railings to see a solid wall of zombies stampeding towards the base. They hit the wall, sending the wall and Matt flying back. Matt is crushed to dead by the wall.

CUT TO BUNKER

BEN
OK LISTEN UP! If you want to get out of here alive, we are going to have to work together. We need people, armed and monitoring the corridors in east and north section. We also need groups people guarding the corridors every 100 metres, in case any threats get through the front lines. The emergency shutters are down, but that will not hold them for long. Who will volunteer?

No one volunteers, Ben looks at Albon

BEN
YOU! All you behind him, grab your weapons and patrol the north entrance by the elevators

Albon
What?! Why us?!!

Andrew walks between Ben and Albon, and gives Albon a menacing look. Geoff stands up.

Geoff
WAIT! We’ll patrol the north entrance

Ben
Good. Now in order to escape we need to blast our way out the back of the mountain. I need a group of 6 to get to the weapons storage and get the explosive core of a ballistic missile.

Lafferty and others stand up

Lafferty
I’ll do it

People talking amongst themselves about how they scared, angry, etc

Steph and Kirsty stand by each other

KIRSTY
This isn’t looking good

Kirsty looks to notice Steph is crying

KIRSTY
Are you crying about him?

STEPH
I didn’t get to say sorry, he died for me even after I blamed him for everything

Kirsty overhears Ben talking

BEN
MATT HASN’T COME DOWN YET

ANDREW
HE’S……HE’S DEAD, DIED SAVING US

Ben looks up, thinking of the commander

BEN
Bastard, you sent us to our deaths!

Andrew begins to walk off

BEN
Andrew, I need you to go get Alex, we can’t leave him here.

Kirsty runs up

KIRSTY
I’ll get him!

BEN
NO, YOU MAY HAVE TO CARRY HIM, ANDREW WILL GO

KIRSTY
YOU NEED ANDREW HERE. I CAN HANDLE IT

Kirsty leaves to get Alex.

CUT TO CORRIDORS.
Screams of death can be heard echoing through

DONNELLY
Stand your ground no matter what!!

NICK H
We should go back and join the others, we’re stronger if we fight together

DONNELLY
You don’t really think we’re here to win do you? We need to hold these things off so the others can escape

GEOFF
He’s right, you leave now and you’re dead anyway

Door bends open as zombies force it down

RICHARD
Give us a miracle

The zombies break in and the people begin fighting. Nick stabs a zombie and its blood flies over him.

NICK
CHEERS!

CUT TO ANDREW AND BEN
Andrew is at the back wall, digging a hole into the mountain side for the bomb to go when it arrives. Andrew has a worried look on his face.

BEN
ANDREW?

ANDREW
NEVER! HE’D NEVER BETRAY US! THE COMMANDER HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A FATHER TO US! HE CAN’T BE WRONG!!

BEN
He is wrong, but that doesn’t mean anything now. We don’t need him anymore, we have each other, that’s good enough for me

ANDREW
My whole life is a waste

BEN
Our lives didn’t even begin until we came here.

CUT TO THE DEMON CASTLE.
The main demon is in a room with the old prisoner demon

HEAD DEMON
Maggot, I have one last request for you, before I send you back to your prison.

OLD DEMON(angrily)
………What?

HEAD DEMON
That young boy who fought me. I have his blood on my sword. Hypnotise him and get him to open all the entrances to his base. Then our warriors should have trouble.

OLD DEMON
But I already have that other boy! I can’t control 2 at once!

Head demon
DO IT!!

CUT TO ALEX IN THE MEDICAL BAY
Alex begins to spasm as the demon enters his mind. The old demons voice can be heard

OLD DEMON
Pain!! This boy is in terrible pain!! And his eyes, ruined forever!!

HEAD DEMON
So use your powers to give him the same vision as us. Remember, after this he will be our servant forever.

Alex is given a form of vision which allows him to see things before they happen.

He then stands up out of the bed.

OLD DEMON
I can’t fix the wounds yet. But he can reach the entrances by himself.

Kirsty runs in, and sees Alex walking like a zombie. She realises he is not himself then grabs a stick to defend herself. Alex grabs the stick, and throws Kirsty across the room. Kirsty kicks him in the leg and he falls over. Kirsty begins to run off when Alex grabs her heal. He attempts to bite her but she gets free and crawls into a corner. Alex is towering over her ready to kill her, when Andrew appears and knocks Alex out cold. The possession is over, and the old demon falls to the floor in the castle, also unconscious.

CUT TO CORRIDORS

The zombies begin to over power the people, and Donnelly and Geoff are at the front of the line. Zombies crowd around Donnelly. He proceeds to use hand to hand combat against them, but is eventually over powered. Geoff sees this and tries to help, but slips over and has more zombies crowd over him. He looks on as they begin to eat him. The others are watching Geoff and Donnelly being killed, all in shock. Suddenly one of the zombies surrounding Geoff looks up, and it’s William in zombie form. Suddenly, one of the adults, in riot gear, jumps out and forces the zombies back

ADULT
Get out of here now!

The others quickly leave, and the adult if left to fight

ADULT
Damn kids, this is a job for an adult!!

CUT TO WEAPONS STORAGE AREA.
The people getting explosives in the weapons area are also getting killed off. They quickly pull guns from the wall and shoot anything that comes at them. They find the bombs and run out. Only one makes it back with the bomb, but dies just after handing it to Ben.

Alex, Kirsty and Andrew join Ben. Alex is still covered in bandages.

ANDREW
We have no time, plant it!!

They detonate the bomb just as an army of zombies breaks into the room the people are in. There is a massacre as most of the people there are killed. Chris runs back to try and help, Alex follows shortly after.

CHRIS
Just get everyone out, I’m not leaving until they’re safe

Chris gets stabbed in the back, Alex saves him from any more harm, then tries to help Chris.

CHRIS
There’s always hope Alex, don’t you dare let me die for nothing, just…..

Chris dies, Alex runs out the escape, he joins the others. They have to run through a tunnel to get to safety. They try to save as many people as possible. Suddenly the tunnel begins to collapse, and Ben and Alex barely make it out. Alex manages to save the girl. They escape through the other side of the mountain, the zombies do not follow.

They keep running for hours, until they find an old abandoned desert town to rest in.

ALBON
We must’ve lost ‘em by now

ROBIN
The others will be heading to the city, if we rest now we can still make a beeline there before sunrise

JAMES
You really think it’ll make a difference, those things are everywhere and now they are seriously p*** off. Our luck has finally run out

ROBIN
Keep cool, I wanna get some rest do not wanna hear your bitching

JAMES
This is no time to rest

ROBIN
Well you gotta better suggestion?

THE TWO GET INTO A FIGHT, BEN BREAKS IT UP

ANDREW
He’s right, we need to move down to Mexico, I’m giving you five minutes rest

BEN
YOU’RE NOT IN CHARGE HERE, WE ARE GUNNA RE-GROUP LIKE THEY SAY

ANDREW(WHISPERS TO BEN)
WE NEED THE COMMANDERS ADVICE, WE NEED TO WIN THIS WAR. THE COMMANDER CAN MAKE IT WORK. WE MUST’VE TOOK OUT WELL OVER HALF THE DEMON’S ARMIES, WHAT MORE CAN THEY HAVE LEFT THAT CAN HARM US?

BEN
Haven’t you learned anything? It’s over, mission failed. Now we are gunna do whatever it takes to keep ourselves alive out here. That’s what Chris would’ve wanted, that’s what Matt would’ve wanted.

ANDREW
DON’T YOU USE THEM AGAINST ME!!

Andrew moves in to fight Ben. Kirsty interrupts.

KIRSTY
How can you even think about fighting after what’s happened? Too many people have died because of your crusade, I can’t believe you’d want to add more to your list of dead.

Alex and Kirsty walk off into a building

KIRSTY
I can’t believe, arguing at a time like…

Before she can finish her sentence, Alex leans in and kisses her.

ALEX
LOVE! Its what Matt was talking about he was right all along! It what I feel! Like I never want to leave you!!

Kirsty is shocked, but thinks the idea through

KIRSTY
WOW! Alex few hours ago you were kicking me across the room, now…

Kirsty moves in and kisses Alex again

KIRSTY
Dammit! I don’t even care anymore! Alex I feel the same way, and now that we are together I never want to leave you.

They kiss one final time. Alex hears the sound of rifle, and a bullet hitting Kirsty. Alex is shocked as Kirsty has a horrified expression on her face. She begins to die, then the entire Alex and Kirsty are in gets hit by an RPG and blows up. Zombies have stolen guns from the bunker, and are using them against the humans. Everyone is killed except Alex, Ben and Andrew, who are all buried under debris. Ben and Alex are both in comas.

Meanwhile lain has broken free of the mind control somehow, and begins fighting the zombies around him and cursing himself for giving away the humans location. The zombies where in the process of bringing the humans weapons, then grabs one of their crates and finds a bomb inside. He detonates that in the middle of a group of demons. It causes a huge explosion, but it does very little damage to the castle, since it is so huge.

Andrew realises he is hurt badly. He looks around at the destruction and finally admits he has failed. He goes back to the base, where it is all quiet, and finds the medical bay. He does surgery on himself. Suddenly a raven appears, carrying a message. It says that the leader demon wants to face him one on one. Andrew grins for the first time. He leaves to face him.

CUT TO MARS

MARTIAN PRESIDENT(to himself)
Times up

CUT TO EARTH

On earth Andrew meets the demon in an abandoned farm building. They agree to fight with no weapons. The demon says that when he found Alex he had not used his full power, but since Andrew is the strongest human alive, he will use it now. The fight begins and Andrew attempts a punch, but is immediately pummelled to the ground by hundreds of punches from the demon. The fight is over quickly and Andrew loses. He is lying on the ground paralysed. The demon lets him live, and walks away leaving him.

In the desert town rain starts to fall, it forms a stream which flows downhill, and travels under some rubble. Alex is underneath here, and the water wakes him up. He sees Ben in a coma next to him, and tries to cover him up from the rain. He looms around and finds the body of the girl he liked. He becomes incredibly angry and now he is desperate the kill the demons, not for the mission, but for revenge. He arms himself with lots of weapons and sword. Using all his anger he is able to break through the armies of zombies guarding the enemy castle.

MARS

GENERAL
This is our zero hour, prepare to launch

The nukes are halfway to earth, when the commander of the large spaceship threatens to intercept the nukes.

COMMANDER
I can’t let you do this

GENERAL
WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You’ve had your chance, this is our only option. If the enemy is there then we will show them no mercy. Using nukes carries a heavy cost, but we have no other option. If you don’t move then you’ll seal the fate of the human race!

The commander pulls out the way of the missiles at the last moment.

The nukes reach earth, but the demons all use psychic power to stop the nukes. A giant glowing hand is created, and when it hits the falling nukes, they lose power and simply crash into the ground near the castle.
Alex is hurt, and a nuke lands near him, knocking him over and shattering the ground. He fall unconscious, and has a dream.

ATLANTIS - 4000BC

ATLANTIS SOLDIER
My Lord, the battle seems to be coming to a close, with equal casualties on both sides

ATLANTIS KING
Even if we win this battle, the toll will be too great for our people

ANOTHER SOLDIER RUNS IN

ATLANTIS SOLDIER #2
MY LORD! The enemy is reaching our gates

THE KING AND HIS SOLDIERS WALK TO THE STEPS OF HIS TEMPLE, AND SEE THE BATTLE NEARING. THERE A FEW ZOMBIES FIGHTING SWORDSMEN. EVENTUALLY THE SWORDSMEN WIN.

KING
Thank the heavens

SUDDENLY AS THE ZOMBIES DIE, A HUGE DEMON JUMPS OUT AND KILLS THE REMAINING SOLDIERS

DEMON
Hahaha, you fought well humans. I hope you fight with as much heart the next time.

CUT TO ALEX, FLOATING IN A DREAM. HE HAD BEEN DREAMING THE WHOLE ATLANTIS INCIDENT.

ALEX
Why are you showing me this?

VOICE OF THE OLD DEMON
This is the history of your species, and its nemesis, the great demon prince!

ALEX
You’re a demon too?

OLD DEMON
Your instincts lead you to the truth. Indeed I am a demon, but would you believe we are not all evil? I used to be the king of the creatures that came here. I was the only one with the power to travel between the world, and to manipulate living humans. My plan was to travel here to prevent you humans ruining this planet, that’s all. But my minions betrayed me, used me for my abilities. Overpowered my intellect with brute strength. Why, you ask? For fun, as I'm sure you’ve noticed. The prince does like his bloodshed. But also for the prophecy?

ALEX
WHAT PROPHECY? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A PROPHECY!

OLD DEMON
Tell me young one, don’t you think it odd that your commander was so adamant that you were launched you into the battle before your deadline? The deadline is when the great prophecy comes true. Details of the prophecy are a mystery to me, but it cannot be good news for the humans. You must kill the demon and his follows, so none can experience the prophecy.

ALEX
BUT I…

OLD DEMON
I KNOW, YOU’VE TRIED BEFORE. AND IN THE END YOU LOST YOUR EYESIGHT. BUT LOOK AT YOU NOW, YOU HAVE A FORM OF SIGHT NOT OF THE MIND BUT THE SPIRIT, THE ABILITY TO SEE WHAT YOUR FEEBLE EYES COULD NOT. AND NOW I WILL GIVE YOU STRENGTH, LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER IMAGINED!

NOW AWAKEN!

BACK ON THE LARGE SPACESHIP THE COMMANDER SAYS ALEX IS HIS LAST HOPE. THE PEOPLE LISTENING WONDER HOW HE KNOWS THIS, SINCE HE HASN’T SPOKEN TO ALEX SINCE TRAINING FINISHED.

ALEX ENTERS THE CASTLE, HE NO LONGER WEAR BANDAGES AND ALL HIS WOUNDS HAVE HEALED. HE RUNS INTO THE LAST GROUP OF DEMONS THAT SHOOT AT HIM WITH MACHINE GUNS. ALEX JUMPS IN THE AIR AND DISPLAYS HIS NEW POWER BY DODGING THE BULLETS AND KILLING THE ZOMBIES WITH HIS SWORD. HE BREAKS INTO A LARGE ROOM FULL OF WALKWAYS HIGH ABOVE THE GROUND.

ALEX IS RUNNING UP THE HUGE STAIRWAYS WHEN THE DEMON JUMPS AT HIM.

DEMON
AH, ALEXANDER! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?

ALEX
…………….

DEMON
DON’T TAKE IT PERSONALLY, I DIDN’T GET ANY PLEASURE FROM KILLING YOUR FRIENDS, ITS JUST HOW THESE THINGS GO…………….YOU PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT ALEX, I HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR YOU. IT’LL BE A SHAME TO END SUCH A WARRIOR.

They fights with swords, and Alex begins to win the fight. The demon is shocked and jumps away, and another demon jumps in to fight Alex, he fights this demon with 2 swords, and wounds it. Another demon jumps in an Alex fights with swords, then throws his swords at a demon and pull out 2 guns. He uses about half the magazines in each gun. He grabs a demons sword and fights with that and a gun. He kills one of the demons, and suddenly 3 attack him at once, using swords, guns and kicks he fights them off. He kills two of the demons and another escapes. An army of zombies travels up the stairways to attack him. He fights all the zombies when the main demon returns, after powering up. He launches a blast of fire at Alex. Alex jumps of the stairs and the fire destroys the zombies and makes the stairs begin to fall. They nearly crush Alex. Alex fights 2 more demons and begins to win against one, cutting into him, just before Alex can kill him, the main demon blasts another fireball into him. This kills the demon and injures Alex. Alex I left hanging off of the stairs and another group of zombies runs up to him. Alex fights these while lying on his back. Another demon jumps in and Alex jumps up and fights it. The main demon jumps in and Alex fights him as well. He knocks the sword out of the main demons hand and it flies out and kills the other demon. Only the main demon and Alex are left. Alex tries his best to win, but begins failing, suddenly Alex remembers Kirsty and begins attacking at his maximum. It looks like Alex is going to win. Alex and the demon fight without swords, and Alex picks up a sword and begins slicing up the demon. The demon fights back with 2 big hits and knocks Alex to the ground. He beats Alex to pulp every time he tries to get up. The demon picks up his sword and is ready to behead Alex. As he does Alex does and pulls out a detonator from his pocket. The demon realises it is a detonator for one of the nukes that fell. Alex pushes it, and the nuke goes off, and a huge blast appears from under them. The demon uses his force field to stop the blast hitting him, but has to use all his power. Alex is also inside the field, and while the demon is distracted, he pulls out his sword and slices its throat and stabs it in the heart. The nuke blast disperses as all the demons energy explodes in all directions, blowing away the red cloud and all the nukes radiation.. Alex falls to the ground and lands in a huge crater. He looks up as the sky returns to blue, and smiles.

In the city, Steph and other survivors see the sky return to normal and rejoice.

Later, two huge spacecraft land on earth. One with the people from mars, one with the commander that trained the soldiers. The two leaders walk up to each other.

MARTIAN PRESIDENT
A lot of things have happened, things that do not make please. But it was OUR JOIN effort that has won us the earth back, so I guess I have no choice but to let your actions slide, just this once.

The commander smiles, and extends his arm for a handshake. The Martian leader declines and walks off. The commander grins and laughs to himself, and the two men walk off in two different directions.

<<< TO BE CONCLUDED >>>
Last edited by budgetguy on Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I'll try and read that if I get a chance, even though 30 pages is a lot to read off the forum, perchance could you post it as a download, so we can read at out leasure?
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

I read some of it, and so far it seems.... incredibly stereotypical sci-fi. I'll read the rest later.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

How many pages does this equate to Screenplay Format. Pro that is?

Because honestly this is a little dragged out. Now this could be a 20 page script and it could be good. You seem to drag it out. Now I have a 96 pages script that is nesscessary, yours is filled with unneeded garbage, edit it some.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
budgetguy

Post by budgetguy »

hey foxwood- i'll e-mail the scrip to you as soon as i get home, it's formatted better in word.

movieman- it's about 30 pages in script format. Originally it was much longer, i thought i had cut it down to the bare neccessities. Please tell me which bits you consider garbage as i can't think of any bits i'd like to cut out.

sgtpadrino- stereotypically scifi? maybe ur right about the stereotypes but i'd consider this more a modern fantasy film. please tell me any improvements you'd like to see to the stereotypes.

Thanks for your views