Help, again !

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Necromantia

Help, again !

Post by Necromantia »

OK, what i would like to do is set up my camcorder so it will record whats on my computer screen, i have tried just pointing it at the screen then shooting, but you get all those lines etc, so what i would like to do is plug it into the computer (somehow) and let it record whats onscreen ! If anyone has played the FPS game called counter-strike, you might know how some people make fan movies... well i wanna do the same thing for a different game, any help would be great,
Thanks
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

ok. go to this site and on the search type in camstudio. download (it is about 1mb and it is free) and you can film your screen! it will save as an avi.

hope i was of help
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

You can also get hold of a dual monitor graphics card.

The second monitor socket also changes over to allow you to use a TV instead - You get a composite video, and an S-VHS socket through a little adaptor that comed with the card.

You can then usually have the option of seeing the same display on both screens, or having a different display on each, which is really cool because you can drag windows from one to the other!
Moderating behind the bushes!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Those lines are cause by the cerviture of your screan so unless you have a flat screan TV you are going to get the same ting their. If that program doesn't work the only hope is flat screan, but those are expensive. Thank God I got mine as a free upgrade.
Necromantia

thanks

Post by Necromantia »

I tried the camstudio and its good but it is a little slow :( i played with its settings but it just dont work like i need it to ! thanks anyway tho, i will find a use for it yet ! ahah

How much round about does a dual monitor graphics card go for ?

any URL's etc you know that would be helpful ?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I did this trick with a playstation, but it might apply to a comp if you have the right graphics card. Look in the back and see if you have the red yellow white, conections. Then Pull your cammera in a remove your moniter cord, it might, use your cam as the moniter. its far fatched but just a thought.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Originally posted by Necromantia
OK, what i would like to do is set up my camcorder so it will record whats on my computer screen, i have tried just pointing it at the screen then shooting, but you get all those lines etc, so what i would like to do is plug it into the computer (somehow) and let it record whats onscreen ! If anyone has played the FPS game called counter-strike, you might know how some people make fan movies... well i wanna do the same thing for a different game, any help would be great,
Thanks
Set your shutter speed to 1/60 of a second and the lines will go away, the problem is filming the interlaced monitor synched at 60 hz ( at least in the US) with a shutter speed that is too far off.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

"Set your shutter speed to 1/60 of a second and the lines will go away, the problem is filming the interlaced monitor synched at 60 hz ( at least in the US) with a shutter speed that is too far off".

Damn!! you beat me to it. :D
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]