How do you do this effect

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

evolution9

How do you do this effect

Post by evolution9 »

Hello, anybody seen the show "Charmed?" If so than your probably familiar with the character, Leo Wyatt. He's a Whitelighter. My question is, how do you go about doing the Orbing effect? Thanks in advanced
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I've seen a couple episode, but I don't remember an "orbing" effect. Can you explain a little bit more on what the effect looks like?
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Iv never seen the show, but if you explain it me or epsilon may be able to help you
The.Twilight.Prince

Post by The.Twilight.Prince »

Hi, I'm the new guy; The Twilight Prince LOL,

ok, good news: I watch Charmed, like all the time. I know exactly who (Leo and Paige) and what (orbing) you are talking about.

bad news: Unless you have like 400 American $, you're out of luck, because the orbing sparkles and stuff are done with an expensive particle system.

good news, yet: If you just need your character to vanish (without the "white light") just have him act out his part, and then stand still for a sec. Then have him walk off the set, and just shoot where he WAS standing. Edit out his walking away, and he will appear to have vanished. Without a particle system, that is your best bet, but . . .
if you do have that much money to spend on your project, you can get a particle system online at www.wondertouch.com

there is a free, downloadable version, but the downside is, its company's logo will be plastered all over your footage, making it practically useless unless you buy it. :-(

Hope I helped! ;-D
evolution9

Post by evolution9 »

Hmmmm..... maybe I can try and do something in Adobe After Effects with masks. Thank you for the link to that website. The stuff on there looks pretty cool but I'm pretty cheap.
nakomass

Post by nakomass »

evolution9 wrote:Hmmmm..... maybe I can try and do something in Adobe After Effects with masks. Thank you for the link to that website. The stuff on there looks pretty cool but I'm pretty cheap.
Aren't we all! :)
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

evolution9

Post by evolution9 »

Yes I have viewed your thread. I believe you posted your test movie 5 days after I asked this question. I have viewed it and looks real close to the effect they use on the show. I would like a tutorial on this if it is possible to fit into your schedule. Thanks in advance
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I still don't really know what this effect is like. I'm guessing it's where a character disappears like into a different dimension or something.

My Phantom effect would work for this!
Moderating behind the bushes!
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

im totally redesigning my webpage but the first section ill work on is tutorials so might be a little bit of a wait but not long
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

cool looking foward to that
Sigs suck a**.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Knowing you I_C, it'll be worth the wait! Looking forward to it!
Moderating behind the bushes!
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

ive just been developing my flash skills so i have the main bones of my site up but the content will be coming soon so if you just want to see the fancy flash site then you can visit my site...
www.aaronv2.vze.com
FreZko

Post by FreZko »

Aaron.. I just cant wait!
Im looking so forward to your site and orbing tutorial.
Hope you have finished it soon?
-FreZko
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Flash is good.. I got a free copy from a friend, anyway (trying to not get simley mods on from camclub) what exactly is the orb effect? Its probably not to hard to achieve
Sigs suck a**.
Spike

Post by Spike »

There's a orb-looking like thing on this page www.ryan-w.com!!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah, that effect dosnt seem to hard, if you think about it when the person is glowing blue its very similiar to the star wars hologram effect, when the person teleports down that beam is just a partical system, pretty simple you can do this with Affter effects and 3ds max
Sigs suck a**.