Ciggerate effect

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

GITPF87

Post by GITPF87 »

They do have fake ciggaretts at trick/halloween stores that have chalk or talcum powder in them so when you plow out, it appears that smoke comes out...none comes out the mouth though
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

You mean LA! London stopped it's smog problems in the late 50's!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Well LA is full of smog, I really dont ever want to live there. But my dad has a little vacationing house in this little town called Visalia, its bout 60 miles from Fresno and a 2 hour drive from LA, its beautiful out there,.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Ivan Speilberg

Post by Ivan Speilberg »

I don't think smoking looks very cool... kinda grosses my out in real life.
It's a turn-off to see a lady smoking, at least for me!! :( :lol:

I'm surprissed that noone had tought about ussing fog machine generated smoke. Come on guys!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Just use a real or fake cigarette and have a bit of fog in your mouth, just blow it out, it won't hurt your mouth/lungs and looks very realistic. Just let the machine run and get some fog in your mouth. Don't take it to your lungs, but if you do, it's no big deal because this stuff can bee safely breathed in concerts, disco clubs, etc. It was specially designed for humans to breath safelly on att partyes, clubs,etc. It won't affect your healt!!!

(have some behind the csenes fottage of how you did it, just in case your parents get mad at you because you "smoked a cigarette" .)
GITPF87

Post by GITPF87 »

have you tried it? I always thought it would evaporate in your mouth, im probably wrong though...very good idea
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Hmmmm, I wonder if you could hollow out a cigarette, and insert some dry-ice?!
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

God, you people are f***ing blowing this way out of proportion. Just use a real cigarette and don't inhale. Got it? Good. You're making this way more complicated than it really is...
Erm... yeah...
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

But smoking is just sooo bad for you! We can't do that! We have to find complicated solutions to simple problems! After all, we can't have Famous's mom telling him off for smoking! No!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

LOL You guys are nuts. for all sakes, why not, just gut out the cigarette and fill it with more paper... Better yet, buy cigarette paper and make your own harmless versions, that's a cheap way.
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

Well guys the story is like in Forest Gump for example and the General (General Dan) comes out smoking a ciggerate.It's not me who is smoking but me and my friends will never even try to smoke.I don't want to use real used ciggerates becuase then it can get out of hand and besides it's really gross, they have been in someones mouth.Anyways sorry i havn't replied i've had alot of home work.
Famous
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

i wouldnt try either famous my health is not worth the risk
Sigs suck a**.
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

Famous wrote:Well guys the story is like in Forest Gump for example and the General (General Dan) comes out smoking a ciggerate.It's not me who is smoking but me and my friends will never even try to smoke.I don't want to use real used ciggerates becuase then it can get out of hand and besides it's really gross, they have been in someones mouth.Anyways sorry i havn't replied i've had alot of home work.
Famous
Doesn't Gary Sinise (LIEUTENANT Dan) smoke in real life????
blue_dirt

Post by blue_dirt »

BrownCowStudios wrote:God, you people are f***ing blowing this way out of proportion. Just use a real cigarette and don't inhale. Got it? Good. You're making this way more complicated than it really is...
Seriously, it isn't "smoking", because that would infer inhaling, but if you just hold the smoke in your mouth, it won't be that big of a deal. and even if you went through 3 cigerrettes, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

im still with famous on this one
Sigs suck a**.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

If you're not of smoking age, most people can't just ask their parents "can you go out and buy me a pack of cigarettes to smoke for my film, I PROMISE I WON'T INHALE!!!!!" I know my parent's wouldn't. Plus, I think cigarettes are sick and would never even light one up.

It's simple guys, just roll up a piece of paper, cut it to the size of a cigarette, and light it. Then, blow out the flame, and the end will be smoking.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Oh c'mon you wussies! What kind of brainwashing are they doing to your generation!? Now the mere presence of a cigarette is going to degrade your life??? I dont think so buster...

Most any parents wouldn't mind buying you a pack of cigs for the spirit of filmmaking. If they really think you are going to actually smoke and take advantage of them, than that is YOUR problem for not getting your parent's trust.

Problem with paper is that it will burn into a flame, and how many flaming cigarettes have you seen!? :D Plus the smoke will not last very long.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Epsilon, I love you! :D Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's actually really easy to purchase cigarettes underage. You just have to act confident, and not studder. Of course, I don't know how old you look, but yeah.

Another thing, you say they're nasty, yet claim you've never had one? Right. I'm suspicious of your activities and behavior!
Erm... yeah...
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I believe all curiosities get to you one time or another, I think even if you say you havent most likly you have. But I did try it out and needless to say Paul you were right. You can hold it in your mouth without inhaling. So that would be the simplist, easiest, cheapest way possible.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I believe all curiosities get to you one time or another, I think even if you say you havent most likly you have. But I did try it out and needless to say Paul you were right. You can hold it in your mouth without inhaling. So that would be the simplist, easiest, cheapest way possible.
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

I would never smoke myself, but I think I inhaled more smoke from my father, and in cafés and such, then holding the smoke of 1 cigarette in my mouth...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

"can you go out and buy me a pack of cigarettes to smoke for my film, I PROMISE I WON'T INHALE!!!!!" I know my parent's wouldn't. Plus, I think cigarettes are sick and would never even light one up.

It's simple guys, just roll up a piece of paper, cut it to the size of a cigarette, and light it. Then, blow out the flame, and the end will be smoking.
i agree
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hey, if that method suits you, go ahead and use it. I just think after coloring it to make it look real and having to keep lighting it and blowing it out for every shot is much more trouble than it is worth. You are still breathing in smoke either way! :P
Justin

g

Post by Justin »

just use a real one. Hold it in your mouth and blow out. Also, if you hold it in your mouth, then begin to swallow, you can blow it out your nose without ever bringing it into your lungs.
Even if you do inhale it, theres no health risks. Breathing in one cig is not gonna give you cancer. I know people that have smoked 75 years and are still alive, living out there life. Then I know people who never smoked and died of lung cancer. Just do it, cause when your time is up, it's up. Live life now, die whenever.
[img]http://www.hickskater.0catch.com/forum%20sig%20small.jpg[/img]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

You are still breathing in smoke either way!
true, but not all that other s*** thats in ciggerates! theres some bad cheimcials in there
Sigs suck a**.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Trust me, you breath in much more toxic stuff while cleaning the shower.