the dreaded bullet time

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

mattvols

the dreaded bullet time

Post by mattvols »

Ok i hate the bring up the dreaded bullet time effect but I really need it for my next comedy movie. I have no bugget and on computer animation i have never tried anything higher then iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. So any tips would help.
--Matt Mabry
Stupid Idiots Productions
and
Matt Mabry Films
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Check out the other threads. You will be thoroughly surprised to see how often this topic and tutorials have popped up!
ChibiVader
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ChibiVader »

I've yet to see any non professional bullet time look good.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Chibivader, I never realized Regrets was such an "Above-normal" low-budget film...

You even have wires!
www.neverdead.co.nr
ChibiVader
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ChibiVader »

Thanks for the comments, but please post them in the appropriate thread. Let's not hijack this one.

Anyway here is a link for bullet time using Premiere and Win Morph (a free plug in). However, I haven't liked these restults. They just freeze and then move around the subject too quickly for real "bullet time".

Here is a thread on the TF.N message boards discussing it. The video my Master Zap is one of the better ones, but doesn't show any real action and the way he did it would be nigh impossible with people flying through the air.

On this page there's a tutorial on "Budget Time" which has some of the best results I've seen but is very in depth and requires a lot of work and patience. This was used in the Matrix Fan film "A Glitch in the Matrix".

Those are the best ones unless you have some really good CG modelling experience.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

No wonder! Dont i repeat dont use premiere for bullet time, use a 3d modeling program such as 3ds max or lightwave, insert_coin did some really good bullet times i enjoyed a lot, and hes not profresinal
Sigs suck a**.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

My advice is don't do it. It's overused, even in comedy, and if you have no knowledge or no motivation to learn any effects packages then you'll never pull it off :) Just my two cents/pence/euros
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah, i never liked thast effect im able to pull it off easily but its so over used when people see it they just go, man that was cheesy
Justin

g

Post by Justin »

On this page there's a tutorial on "Budget Time" which has some of the best results I've seen but is very in depth and requires a lot of work and patience. This was used in the Matrix Fan film "A Glitch in the Matrix".
That doesn't seem to difficult, sure you have to plan it out, but it's doable. I've yet to watch that film because I'm on dial-up, so I need to wait to download it overnight.
BUt that idea seems a lot better than the morphing method.
[img]http://www.hickskater.0catch.com/forum%20sig%20small.jpg[/img]