Once Upon a time in mexico

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Pfef02

Once Upon a time in mexico

Post by Pfef02 »

some of these questions don't really fit with just this movie but they made me wonder after i watched it. First, how do u finish a movie so it looks professional. like some movies have outtakes on the dvd and they quailty looks alot worse is there something you can do like in premier that makes it look more professional? also in the movie they said that many of the gunshots in the walls were actually digitally added in. how did they do that? i treid with some of the effects gifs or watever on this site and itlooked really fake. also they didn't actually have shell ejection in the movie it was added in afterwards where do i get a file to use for that. finally what is the difference in special effects between after effects and premiere cuz i had both but i thought after effects was really weird and confusing so now i just use premiere.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

for the quailty - iv never had this problem maby try getting a better camera? For your gunflashes dont use gifs they look horrible in my opoinion use stock footage or photoshop if you mean a shell flying out of the gun.. use stock footage matt has a link to a site with great stock footage and premiere is for putting things together not really effects affter effects lets you add all sorts of effects using masks and stuff dont just use premiere youll get nothing really very simple things - what kind of effects you plan on doing, becuase for some affter effects or premiere wont work and youll need a 3d rendering program such as lightwave or 3ds max.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Out takes on DVDs are often taken from an offline edit. Without getting too complicated, it's a really low quality computer captured version of the original footage, which is of an extremely high quality (by todays standards).

As for adding stuff to film digitally, people have gotta realise that it's not just a case of plonking something on top of footage, you have to be a really good artist to do such a thing.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yes, exactly! Which is why mine look good, becuase i know how to do it right, im a film artisit :p
iamnothing

Post by iamnothing »

Pick up the director's cut of Battle Royale and watch the CG featurette. It will answer some of your questions and make you ask a whole lot more.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

Battle Royale is also an excellent example of emotional acting - a good all rounder even if its in japanese!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Ive never heard of it, whats it like?
Sigs suck a**.
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

I think that's the movie about these kids on an island killing each other. I think. I've heard it's an excellent movie from a lot of people and am trying to track it down. They made a sequel to it (or so I've heard) that has gotten so-so reviews. But then again that's stuff I've heard from a select group of people. The only thing I think is 100% true is the thing about the kids killing each other. Anyone else have more info on that?
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

sounds interesting.. lol
Sigs suck a**.