Flaunt your DVD collection

Post all your messages related to TV, DVD players, Bluray players amplifiers and speakers here.

Moderator: Moderator Team

BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I swear, that bin sucks (although occasionally there's a good find), and Walmart is evil. It's a conspiracy!
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

BrownCowStudios wrote:I swear, that bin sucks (although occasionally there's a good find), and Walmart is evil. It's a conspiracy!
I kind of agree. All that has been in there lately is crappy cartoons and this movie called Left Behind. Blockbuster however does have some good deals on their used movies sometimes. If you don't mind getting your movies used blockbuster is a good place to check out.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

True true but like you said paul every now and then you will find a good find, and i tend to pretty often
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

i just bought orange county, alien 3, and the breakfast club, now i got 76 in my collection...
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

yes apparently so, now you just need a few more there truggy
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
pan-modo_pictures
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pan-modo_pictures »

The blockbuster around here has buy one used get the second half price, or maybe free, im not sure. Im going to start buying there since dvds are so expensive. Sometimes there is a $10 bin in best buy, where I have seen donnie darko, and some other stuff. Best Buy isn't bad either, they have most Kubrick films there for under $20.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Yeah Blockbuster and Hollywood Video do that and I have not bought one yet that has been broken!!!!
pan-modo_pictures
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

I just went there last night ang got 28 days later for $16, and then got half of any other used one so I got Cabin Fever. I haven't tried 28 days later yet, but cabin fever worked fine.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

they normally do and they offer a service were if it doesnt work bring it back and they will give you a brand spankin new copy
pan-modo_pictures
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

The only problem is they only have relativley new stuff. Blockbuster though has way too high prices on their new stuff. I saw the shining there for $29.99 there, and I saw it for $17.99 at best buy.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

yeah best buy is probably the best for new stuff. and yes i know it is a conspiracy but walmart has cheap ones too
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I'm up to 96 now with the recent purchase of Runaway Jury, good show really. What are you guys talking about?! I love WalMart!!
@seanbagley
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

i am not against it either but its cool you know
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

yeah...burning DVD's isn't fair...but for us (the ppl who are watching it ) are happy and that's all that matters right?
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

what burning DVD's?????????????
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

yeah ... well i make my own dVds so i think i should have rights!
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

One thing that p*** me off is "Darkman 3" is only on DVD for region 2 people. Now I'll never be able to complete my Darkman collection and I'll have to settle for a VHS copy of Darkman. Damn the company that is responsible for not releasing "Darkman 3" on DVD for region 1 people. DAMN THEM!
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Yeah I cant stand it when those things happen it p*** me off too,
Grant

Post by Grant »

can't you just de-region your DVD player?
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

you can but it costs some money I believe
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

I just got super troopers in a dump bin for 6 bucks at blockbuster :)...and i found already a used school of rock like 2 weeks ago (3 days after it came out)....weird eh
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

The dollar store near me called Dollar Tree is selling DVDs for a buck! They're not the best movies, but you can't complain about a buck!
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Yeah this cheap department store Schottensteins and of course Big Lots sell the same things. Like old TV shows and the films you wouldnt touch with a ten foot pole/
BenjaminLevin

Post by BenjaminLevin »

For some reason I always buy those films. It must be some kind of disease where I buy DVDs if they're cheap even if the movies suck :lol: .
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Yeah I know how it is but the movie has to be worthwhile. The only one I ever bought from BigLots was The Blair Witch Project for $4.99