Just finished doing a promo for a supermarket chain here!

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Just finished doing a promo for a supermarket chain here!

Post by Vamp »

16 and already getting some attention! Never-Dead is finnaly getting some exposure, I'm sure they'll be pleased that I filmed and edited the whole 5 minute short promo vid in just one day!
www.neverdead.co.nr
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

How did you get this job?
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

My father's the director of said supermarket chain :)

But anyways.... I got it.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Grant

Post by Grant »

excellent my friend, keep up the good work and word of mouth and product will hopefully expand
Justin

Post by Justin »

I'm trying to do the same thing. I've done a few odd jobs for people, like friends and teachers, but I really need to get the word out. Besides, me and my friend/partner need money to fund are filmmaking, and for other stuff, like college and cars, so what better way. Anyone have any ideas how we can get more attention. We don't have much to invest, probably design a new website, print up some flyers, I dont know.
Were trying save up to get the new Sony VX2100.
[img]http://www.hickskater.0catch.com/forum%20sig%20small.jpg[/img]
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Hook up with some local web designers, have them promote the idea to THEIR customers to add promo/training or other types of video to their websites. Hook up with a local news station to do work as a stringer, shooting breaking news accidents - fires etc. Beat the bushes so to speak. send personal mails to some local companies, to do employee training videos, videos to distribute to their customers as a promo. To build up a portfolio, do a couple for smaller businesses on the agreement that they get the video for free, you get credits, and can use their video as part of your portfolio to show potential clients. There are a couple of threads out there about getting into the business, but understand, people aren't going to come to you. Most companies who realize the advantages of video are already dealing with a production house, or thru their ad agency with an established production house. That business is going to be hard to convert - don't do it on price alone, you have to sell on the value.. the quality for the price. Delivering quality work is the most important thing, take your time in the cutting, make sure the audio is clean, if your cam has headphone jacks, someone should be listening to the cam audio through good phones.
BTW, the vx2100 is awesome, been shooting with mine for about two weeks now, and love it! Great manual controls, built in ND filters, manual audio level controls, mic/lin in option and the best lowlight video I've seen from anything under $10,000. Side by side on the Weather Channel or on the local news, it's all but impossible to tell the diff between the 2100 MiniDV footage and the DVC-Pro footage. ( Now it doesn't stack up quite as well against say digi-beta or IMX but it's a hell of a lot cheaper too!)
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands