The problem with actors...

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Wolfgang

The problem with actors...

Post by Wolfgang »

One word: Commitment...

How do most of you do it besides using your friends?
This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not Fate that butchers them or Destiny that feeds them to dogs. It's us. Only us.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Auditions.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

just find someone who really is inspired by what you do or seriously wants to persue a career in acting
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
Grant

Post by Grant »

my problem is at the moment for a scene that is complete on paper and infrastructure is getting all the cast actors on set on the same day. The problem is distances, one ives 3 hours away and the other is only available at nights on certain days.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

well if they are dedicated enogh then they will be there
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

All my friends get really into my movies! I tell them about it, they get really into it everything, they may not make the movies but they love helping with ideas and acting in it, as well as distrubiting the final product, i havnt a problem with actors(besides age) ever!
Sigs suck a**.
JohnTravoltaisMyHero

Post by JohnTravoltaisMyHero »

I act in them. I have a better idea of how things need to be done. Then again, sometimes I'm the only one willing to do anything to get the part as realistic of a feel. Then again, sometimes I go overboard, like breaking my arm while getting "slapped".
"The path to Knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight of Renasaince Faire
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

lol, my friends are always into and we never try to go overboard :)
Sigs suck a**.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

JohnTravoltaisMyHero wrote: Then again, sometimes I go overboard, like breaking my arm while getting "slapped".
Howd ya do that
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

lol, that must have hurt :p
Sigs suck a**.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

getting slapped i am really perplexed????
Solomon Cloud

Post by Solomon Cloud »

this reminds me of one time when I was accused of over working my actors.

How the hell is working 2 hours a day over working?!!

Still I really thought it was weird and all and when I told them they were fired they begged to be back in. And well guess what I did not.

Now I have quite a few commited actors, except one of the better ones is a pot head and seems to have gone missing for a week or so. And no one knows where the hell he is.

My tip, find people who actually want to act and want to pursue it.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

LOL! Fired! hah thats pretty funny, how could you fire them if they were doing it for free? Unless you were paying them that is
Sigs suck a**.
Solomon Cloud

Post by Solomon Cloud »

I really don't know I said it to them and they freaked out.

By fire I meant you guy's aint ever gonna appear in any of my movies ever again. And what you have done will be replaced by better actors.

And I was sorting out a a form of paying them (like 5 bucks an actor upon completion).

But what I have found is if money is not involved you get better actors then the ones that only do it for cash.

It's more of a I really want to act no matter what approach and amatuer and indy (sometimes indy) filmmaking is the same way except it's I want to make this film because I love to.
JohnTravoltaisMyHero

Post by JohnTravoltaisMyHero »

I had to act out a German dialogue for class. We had to not only speak the German, but act it out as well. I played the part of a guy trying to hit on a girl. There was a part where I said something to provoke a slap. Well, the slap was faked (air slapped) and when it got to my face, I did a half backflip, half barrel roll into the floor. I my arm was extended, with my palm on the floor, and then my large frame put the force behind it to fracture my arm at the point of my wrist. It was taped, but the tape wasn't mine, it's the girl's tape.

However, I got a 13/12 for the part!
"The path to Knighthood is paved with strength and nobility, not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight of Renasaince Faire
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I get friends, they get their friends, and so forth.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I have a few friends in my college's Drama department and I am going to use them, and if I have to my self.
But before I was in College I had a group of friends that were dedicated, the film took presadence over everything but school, and jobs, which meant that it might take all summer to do what we could have done in a week of hard work.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I have complied a list , ahh its to big!! Im still doing it so far over 50 people i know that are willing to help
Sigs suck a**.
Grant

Post by Grant »

yeah its good to be able to have a pool of people to pick from, not just for acting but also for their personal skills and knowledge bases
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I wish I had 50 people to pick from...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Like I said Solomon you just have to find people who want to pursue a career in acting they will be the most serious
Grant

Post by Grant »

well i have sought out some cast problems and are shooting another scene Friday night :)
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Themovieman44 wrote:Like I said Solomon you just have to find people who want to pursue a career in acting they will be the most serious
Easier said than done, my friend...
Jass Films
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Jass Films »

i usually just get people from my drama class, i'm a teacher there now so really i just ask the actors coz they actually want to be actors, thats why they are taking drama classses
Grant

Post by Grant »

oh i hate actors, they are so dramatic :)