Headshot?

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

davidmalyn

Headshot?

Post by davidmalyn »

Hi all before i ask my headshot question i guess i'll let you know a little about myself. I'm a 17 Year Old Filmmaker currently on an official holiday from West Thames College in Middlesex (Greater London) & have so far only made one complete short film - a british gangster piece called Gangland which was 16 Mins long!. Well now thats out the way here is my question. How do you make a bullet hole in the head? What i mean is in movies when someone gets shot in the head (for instance Resident Evil) you see a shot of them firing a gun then you cut the next shot & the victim already has a bullet hole in the head and just fall back like they've just been shot. What i'm wondering is if anyone knows how to create a good looking bullet hole in the head. I was thinking of possibly attaching a button then putting some fake blood on or something? Does anyone have any other ideas?
"Damn We're In A Tight Spot!"
Spike

Post by Spike »

That depends how tastefull your headshot should look ;)
I think i've seen that button thing u refered to in severel movies, so i guess that would look good!! There is several of recepies for fake skin and wounds, which you could use to make the headshot wound look more realistic!!
:)
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

he is right about tastfulness. I would go and get some of that makeup putty, whos name is escaping me, and mold it into the shape of a small wound, (Little crator) then attach it to the head with sprit gum, then cover that sucker with blood.

It seems to me that audeances exspect lots of gore from a head shoot, and I would give it to them. What would be cooler, would be to show the exit wound. with some hanging brains (esaly done with beef) Hope that helps.
davidmalyn

Post by davidmalyn »

cheers guys i'll try the button thing then. Foxwood are you talking about Morticians Wax?
"Damn We're In A Tight Spot!"
Grant

Post by Grant »

use the air compressed method of shooting out blood that has been discussed here in the past
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

that sounds about right, it probably has a diffrent name over there in England, but ya just theater wax.
GITPF

Post by GITPF »

you can buy bullet hits at haloween trick stores (in America at least?http://www.pjstrickshop.com/hal_specialfx.asp you'll have to contact them to see if they ship to England, I don't know if they do.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Is it the type of bullet hole that you'd poke a stick through, just to make sure that the bullet didn''t get lodged in at the front?
Moderating behind the bushes!