Some questions about makeup.

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Solomon Cloud

Some questions about makeup.

Post by Solomon Cloud »

I have a character that I created in 99' and has been a center piece since. So when I am making his movie debut in Blind Metal I would like to know how to go about 2 things.

First off his hair is Grey, but we don't want to mess with a permenent dye, and well we could scrap his hair color for looks either way I still want to know an alternative for hair color.

The 2nd I have been working on for about 1-2 years off and on, this certain character has no eye's, just some black eye sockets. I am really confused on making it look real, and reliable so the actor (proboly me) can see. And especially during the brief driving scenes.

thanks in advance for any help
Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Famous »

Well that was interesting.
ummmmm......yeah...tough ones.....
-Buy a cheap wig for the gray hair.
And for the eyes:
-Halloween supplys might have somthing like that.
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

In Minority Report, they used chicken skin for the eye sockets! I would check out contact lenses designed for that.

For hair, I would use a wig. Cause a wig won't grow (hopefully) and should be more practical to apply and remove.
Ivan Speilberg

Post by Ivan Speilberg »

In my drama class, we use grey "cake make-up" applied to the hair. There is also removable spray colors for hair. In beauty supplies you may also find colored hair gel for making removable (washable) high-lights.

For the black eyes, there are contact lenses that cover the whole eye socket, the used those in the "Men In Black" movies.
budgetguy

Post by budgetguy »

for esy grey hair just use talc power, thisll work so long as the actor has dark hair
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I used to sell spray-on hair colour. If you used white, and sprayed it lightly in strokes, you could built up a good grey layer. Blend a little black in if you get too much white buildig up.

It washes out completely after about 4 washes. All the kids use it here every year for Red Nose Day. Goodmark Group PLC manufacture most of this stuff, and it should be widely available from most party-stores.
Moderating behind the bushes!
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

I would like everyone else said, find a cheap wig and the contact idea, they do make plain black contacts that are one way. but the downside to that is you might have to fork out quite a bit of cash for em.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch
ChibiVader
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ChibiVader »

A side way to go from the contacts, is just rotoscoping the eyes out in post.