Got Premiere Need some help please..

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Got Premiere Need some help please..

Post by I3lade203 »

Ok New eidt lol, i got premiere someone was really nice to help me so i figured out how to export a frame now. Now once i edit frames how do i put them in in the same exact place? or overlay clips on to an existing clip?
[Edited on 27-10-2003 by I3lade203]

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by I3lade203]
Sigs suck a**.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

well that is a little brief but i think i know what you want. if you want to add a video line then click on the button on the top right of the timeline window and click add video track. if you want to make part of it transparent then right click and go to transparency settings. you want the transparent clip or frame on the top video line because it's layered. and you see what's on top. if you need more details let me know or tell me if i went on the wrong track.
Peter Cote
Founder of Breakout Films

[img]http://i07.thefacebook.com/pics/3/0/n11400374_4237.jpg[/img]
xander

Post by xander »

once youve edited the frame, import it into your bin (right click - > import file.) then drag it to where you want it on the timeline. To get it exactly where it was use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the timeline one frame at a time, when at the right place choose timeline menu and 'razor at edit line'.

now drag the frame to the razor point on the timeline and it will automatically squeeze it in and shift everything over to the right.

if you want to overlay it, you'll need to give it an alpha channel in photoshop whch dictates where the transparent areas are, or just put it on video track 2 or higher and use the opacity rubberband to fade the entire frame out.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

So if i wanna overlay clips onto it i need to edit each frame? For example:
I have a barrel, i want to add and explosion clip onto the barrel, how would i put an explosion( which i have) into my video?

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by I3lade203]
Sigs suck a**.
xander

Post by xander »

Just take import the explsion clip into your bin (right click, _> import file...)

Then drag it onto a video track above your footage!

e.g. if you barrel is on Video1, drag the explosion onto Video2, then drag its out-point to make it last the required length, alternatively, right click on the explosion clip then choose 'duration', then type something like 00:00:04 which means it will last 4 frames.

then right click again and choose video options - > transparency settings. depending on your explosion type choose the required transparency type e.g. luminance, and adjust the sliders to make the explosion become superimposed onto the barrell. (luminance works if you have a bright explosion shot against a dark background)

hope this helps

alex
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Ok i see transparency im fooling around with it but either i see the explosion or the barrel at the part im trying, whats wrong?
[Edited on 29-10-2003 by I3lade203]

[Edited on 29-10-2003 by I3lade203]
Sigs suck a**.
xander

Post by xander »

youre not using transparency properly.

In all transparency there is a foreground and a background.

your background will probably be the barrell, and foreground the explosion - so barrell goes on video track 1, and explosion goes higher than 1, e.g. track 2.

the most simple way to experiment with transparency and overlaying clips is to use the tranparency slider:

in the video 2 track, click the little grey triangle to the left of the track name - this wil expand the track down to show u more options. there will be a grey and white diamond (for keyframing) and a red square with a line through it - that is the opacity rubberband - click it.

you will see a red line across your clip. dragging it down reduces its opacity so you can see through it. to drag the whole line at once use the fade adjustment tool (press u on the keyboard).

to see the exact opacity level, click the rubberband (red line), hold the mouse button down, and hold shift. a pop up message will say 100% - meaning its totally transparent. if you drag it down to say 40% you will be able to see through the clip.

preview the timeline by pressing enter to see what happens.

once you've mastered this you need to play around with the sophisticated transparency settings like luminace and chroma (right click on the clip and choose video options -> transparency settings).

i cant make it any clearer than this. if you need more info you need to buy a book on how to use premiere - thats how i learned!
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Final Post: Forget that post i fiugred it out, i added a muzzle shot looks pretty bad now but im working on it, thanks to grant for giving me the link to the tutorial lol, thanks everyone im gonna play with premiere some more if i need help ill post a new thread
Sigs suck a**.
Flim Flam

Post by Flim Flam »

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM
Whatever!