Audio Editing without a PC(from E-mail)

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Adam

Audio Editing without a PC(from E-mail)

Post by Adam »

Hello,
I was wandering if you know how I can add sound\music to my film without using any computer software?

Scott
Adam

Audio Editing without a PC

Post by Adam »

Firstly I would suggest that you don't really want to attempt this for anything longer than a few minutes.

The first way you will need is a video recorder which will allow audio dubbing. These are avaliable but are much less common than they used to be.
This will basically allow you to over dub the videos existing sound but it all has to be done online. Any sound effects will have to be prepared and done manually. At best you may be able to produce 2 seperate audio tracks but useually only one, depends on the recorder.

A better way is produce the audio seperately using a multi track recorder. I have used a Fostex X34 which allows 4 tracks to be recorded. This can be produced and timed more easily than using a video recorder and offers functions like track volume adjustment. Once youy have produced the audio then all you need is plug in the video source to a video with composite in and stereo in and cue the video source and the audio together.

For some tips on how to syncronise the audio and video have a look at the 'How we did it' section

Adam C
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I used to use Audio Dub and relied on it heavily, but after a while I started using my Camlink audio mixer (about £100 from Argos back in 1995) although with all this modern technology I think they've stopped making them.

All I can say is not using a computer is a horrible experience :)