A Day of Zombies

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

A Day of Zombies

Post by Zacatac927 »

This is the story of me making of the Zombie Film, We had acuired a location, the Airport about half a mile from where i live, a DC-3 Aircraft was there on loan and we were able to use it as a location. I had been in contact with my actor for months, first to act in my Pirate Movie, but that fell through, so i had contacted him again about this Zombie script i had wrote, it all seemed to flow together, until the last week when we couldn't find an actress!!.... So i searched the entire week and finally friday came and we knew we couldn't find anyone... but we still decided to shoot something, so everything was arranged and heres the day:

Oh, what a wonderful shooting today was. My Dp and I met at my house at 7AM to have him learn how to use the REDrock Micro 35,, Adapter System

Then at 9 AM we headed to the location, and like my house, it was pouring rain, so we set up tents and cars quickly to prepare for the actors and crew

The Actor arrived and then we set down to creating a script, since all our actresses fell through we started brainstorming ( I DON'T want people to follow my lead, we only did this because it was last minute drop outs and we were screwed, since we had a 35mm Adapter for a weekend and an actor, so we needed to shoot something. So we Did, the entire morning it poured, and we dealt with it. We came up with an idea and in a matter of a half an hour, we had a second actor (my cousin) and my entire extended family seemed to arrive and visit and help where it was needed, so shooting was good and we really came up with angles and dialog on the fly

(Kinda a girly pic of me, whatever)

But it started to clear up in the afternoon, after we lost one tent to the wind, we put everything down and dealt with the flying debris. So now we sat most of our gear in the cars, awaiting a massive rain storm, that never came. So we continued Shooting. My faithful DP Josh, and 3 grips Matt, Dave and my little bro Will

So we shot all day with one actor, i took some times as the DP as we let Josh take breaks

We got almost all of the shots done today, just a few reshoots for my cousin and some ADR for the both of them, since throughout alot of the shoot two wires we hitting each other creating a loud buzzing noise over the soundtrack.

But all in all it was a fun shoot, here are some pics:

And here's a pic of the film, NOT COLOR CORRECTED
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

That is some awesome stuff! What are you attaching that Redrock too? It looks just like a simple consumer camera.
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

that would be the Canon HV20
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

Can't wait to see the final outcome.

How long will we be waiting?
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Looking good!

Well, to be fair there wasn't much to look at from those pics. But with the good equipment and what not it should be a good movie!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

Expect a rough cut by Wednesday, final movie the next Wednesday

we are filming some extra shots today, so stay tuned for another post
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Looking nice. Gotta admit though, I got a chuckle when I saw this fancy rig attached to a simple camera. :P
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

will hold off till i see more, though maybe insted of spending cash rentting and adaptor grab a better cam then jab the bitchen adapter to it.
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

Here's some random footage, i may not use any of it... well i will use some of it... but its rough... a tiny bit of gritty color correction

[GVideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7561&hl=en[/GVideo]
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Looking good, you can see me in the blue hoodie and bright white shoes.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I dunno, you get a nice expensive lens and shoot 90% of your film out of focus!
joe

Post by joe »

As for the footage, it pretty much just looks like a bunch of kids running around. As Ornsack said, a lot of the footy seems to be out of focus as well. Maybe this isn't all of the footage that is going to be used for the film?

As for the Canon HV20, even though it is a consumer camera, it seems that you should be able to pull in images comparable or even better than that of the Panasonic DVX family. I might look into getting one of these once I get my hands on some more money.
www.Lemonus.com
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

as i said before the footage there was the second day of shooting, the zombie scenes... don't worry folks.. the rest of it is on its way
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

It's raw footage with nothing added lay off the kid
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

DEDFX wrote:It's raw footage with nothing added lay off the kid
It's not laying in to him! Threads like this exist for critique, discussion and suggestion, not for praise (although that can be included!)

I just thought it was a bit random to post up some blurry shots for no real reason, is all. Not slagging off the production! (unless it's all blurry, and then I'd tell him to get some fookin' glasses)
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

No worries... the real reason all the shots were out of focus was pure artistic reasoning, i never wanted to show the zombie in focus, until i really needed to

this portion of the full film, if there is one.. takes place in media res... latin for in the middle of... this a just a scene i shot to make people go... i want more.. here's money to make a feature
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Looking good! Did you change around the first part of the script, or will the actors be talking in poetic language?
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com