Catharsis (IT'S A REAL MOVIE THIS TIME)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Catharsis (IT'S A REAL MOVIE THIS TIME)

Post by SgtPadrino »

The primary actress in the first scene refused to give me permission to use her image publicly (this video was for a class project,) the first two minutes or so are cut out. In that scene, a guy takes his friend to the hospital after he OD's on coke, and after treating the friend a doctor tells him that unless his friend kicks the habit, he will die. This clip picks up directly after that.

Song used: Viorar vel til Loftarasa by Sigur Ros.

maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I liked it, looked very nice. Loved the color correction for those first two shots when it was raining, also the super DoF with the shots of the hand. Didn't care for the music, except for that massive cresendo type deal with the hair flip.

Sucks about the actress. You know actors- take 'em out and shoot 'em. ;) Old Yeller Style
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Loved it, man. I've always been a fan of your music choice, and your editing style. Sigur Ros is phenomenal. Ever check out their music videos? Every single one of them are amazing!
@seanbagley
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Yeah, their video for Hoppipola is definitely my favorite.

Also, just found out that this video earned me 500 dollars of scholarship money - I don't have to pay for books this semester :)