EXPERIMENTAL Script Idea for School....

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

ColinWorley

EXPERIMENTAL Script Idea for School....

Post by ColinWorley »

Hey guys, this is SE7. I have to make a short film (5-10 mins long) due by this Friday. So I'm gonna be pretty rushed on it..

I want to make an experimental/drama short and wanted some suggestions from everyone.

I was thinking of starting the film off with random shots (hence the experimental portion) with crazy editing to make it weird... but as the movie progresses, we realize that the beginning was from a mentally ill person's point of view.

The end of the film is then somewhat more of a drama...

Anyways, it might sound pretty crazy, so I need some help and suggestions to really make this cool...

Thanks, OH, and by the way, this is competing for money, so PLEASE... if you would, give me some suggestions...

Thanks a lot,
Colin
KultFilmsEntertainment

RE: EXPERIMENTAL Script Idea for School....

Post by KultFilmsEntertainment »

First of all, anything involving a mentally ill individual must be handled realistically and tactfully.

But anyway, perhaps during the initial part of the film, the experimental part is frenzied and fragmented, and suggests characters attempting to do harmful things. But then the film moves away from the mentally ill person's point of view to standard shooting and the audience sees the other characters all trying to help the ill person. The actions seen in the p.o.v. sequence are seen again, only in a context that reveals, ironically, that they are actions intended to help, not harm, the mentally ill person.
ColinWorley

Post by ColinWorley »

Wow... Great idea!! That's awesome man! Thanks alot for the response!! Seriously dude, thanks.
KultFilmsEntertainment

Post by KultFilmsEntertainment »

No problem! I hope it works out for you.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Warped faces and masks that exaggerate peoples intentions or natural appearance would be an idea. Someone trying to smile and say "Its not so bad" looks to him like some twisted clown type face with a horrifically unproportional and sinister looking smile curling up the sides of their face. Things of that nature.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
ColinWorley

Post by ColinWorley »

Thanks again... you guys are life savers.

So Mr. Anderson, you're saying: the mentally ill man sees people (who are actually trying to help him) and interprets them as being people who want to wish him harm??

Also, another idea to kind of show what he is thinking is making him be a painter, and he paints the bad (or harmful) things around him (so anything he sees and interprets)... then at the end of the film, he paints a peaceful picture after all of the other paintings he made were of destruction, and dramatic things... etc.

Just a thought, but do you have any other suggestions? And please be as clear as possible with your ideas... thanks alot guys..

Oh, also, what would be a good title for this short film that realistically portrays the mood of the film and the experimental feel of it??

Any ideas?

Thanks again guys!!!

~Colin
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Maybe "Good Intentions" to show that all these people are trying to help.
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
SE7

Post by SE7 »

That's a good idea... hmm... maybe something that has a little more of an 'experimental' feel to it.. (that might've made no sense whatsoever) something short, but that reflects the overal mood of the film, something unordinary...

Anyone else?? Thanks again for all who responded.

Colin