Dual Boot?

Post all your general non-film related PC and Mac stuff here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

MFM

Dual Boot?

Post by MFM »

Hey,

I was wondering if u can use MAC on Windows. I've got a Windows Laptop and I want to use Final Cut Express bcos rite now im using Sony Vegas. Ive done some reasearch i found out that ou can have Dual boot.....Does that mean I can use MAC on my XP laptop?? I dont really like sony vegas I prefer Final Cut Express Any idea if its possible...If yes how much will it cost to do that??

Thnks!
Darzeth

RE: Dual Boot?

Post by Darzeth »

I thought they had a version of Final cut express for windows. I use adovbe premiere myself but that doenst help you now does it. Someone may give you a better answer but get a mac execute program for windows based users. Sadly mac always seem to have the better pgorams and its annoying trying to get the program to work on windows.
MFM

Post by MFM »

Yeah I think final cut express is much better than sony vegas somehow MAC mange to do better editing softwares than windows
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I've started playing with Final Cut Pro lately. I don't see how one can make such generic comparisons, and say one's just better than the other. From My experience, both programs can do almost the exact same things. You just need more experience in one or the other. Also, Windows and MAC are operating systems. They don't make the software.

I still can't get over the lack of a right mouse button, though. I use it so much in Windows! :D
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I still can't get over the lack of a right mouse button, though. I use it so much in Windows!
They do sell mouses with a two buttons for Mac's, just have to find 'em!
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I have one but it's just a cheap Logitech.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

all current apple mice have a right-click, along with two other buttons...
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

You can't run OSX on a PC application, the firmware is designed specifically and preinstalled on the logiboard the comes specifically with Apple made products.

BUT! On the other hand you can run windows on OSX, or with Parellel desktops, you can run both at the same time. Gotta tell ya, it feels ever so satisfying to control Microsoft in my own hands with my dual core iMac, as opposed to it controlling me, which it had done everyday for my entire life for the past ten years.
@seanbagley
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

Amen. A couple of guys did get OSX running on a pc but you'd have to hack the cr** out of our computer and your OS, so not reccommended unless you have a couple other computers lying around...
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Just by a Mac. And by the way Gyro ("so, Windows and MAC are operating systems. They don't make the software."). I think you'll find Apple do make Final Cut Pro. Also Windows make a bunch of cr**.

ALSO! All Macs and Apple desktops (I'm not sure about laptops) come with a 4 button mouse + a 360 degree mouse. :D It's called the...

Mighty Mouse! :D
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Dual Boot?

Post by Zacatac927 »

Epsilon wrote:
I still can't get over the lack of a right mouse button, though. I use it so much in Windows! :D
hahaha!

I just spend the last school year, two hours a day in school learning Final Cut, and it is very supreior to PPro
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RE: Dual Boot?

Post by Gyro »

Jperson wrote:And by the way Gyro ("so, Windows and MAC are operating systems. They don't make the software."). I think you'll find Apple do make Final Cut Pro. Also Windows make a bunch of cr**.
I have no idea what you just said.
@seanbagley
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Dual Boot?

Post by angusware »

^ Yeah, where'd that quote come from anyway?
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Dual Boot?

Post by Jperson »

Woops, I mean Epsilon, sorry. :D 4th Post down. I was just pointing out that actually the companies that make the operating system do actually also make software.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]